Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

you guys are probably sick of threads like this, but can you help a guy out

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jcool20010, Jul 4, 2009.

1. jcool20010

jcool20010 Member

Hey guys,

I'm 17 years old, going to be a senior in high school, and would like to look a little better this year.

I am 6 foot 5, 250 pounds. I play offensive line, and had to put on some weight (I plan on losing about 30 pounds after football and joining the Corps of Cadets at Texas A&M). I have a 36-38 inch waist, 36 inch inseam. Wear a XL-XXL shirt, depends on the make. I'll post some pictures of myself, and maybe you guys could provide a different perspective on how I should dress?

I'm not going to wear sportcoats and everything, this is high school, my goal is to dress similar to everyone else so that I don't stick out, but to look good and well-groomed on a consistent basis.

In all these pictures (some are of groups) I am the tall, goofy-looking, blonde kid.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1190070890

2. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

you don;t look 250 in your avatar. i have been as big as 280 and have never worried about it. wear what you like.

3. jcool20010

jcool20010 Member

you don;t look 250 in your avatar. i have been as big as 280 and have never worried about it. wear what you like.

Dang, you guys are fast.

And I am 250, that picture is from last August, when I was about 225, like I said, I've put on a bunch of weight for football. I'll see if I can come up with a more recent picture.

4. jcool20010

jcool20010 Member

Ok, maybe I should say I need to look good without looking repetitive.

When I want to look "nice-casual" I'll wear jeans, sperrys, and a button-up/polo, and that's about it.

Casual I'll just wear jeans/shorts and a random t-shirt.

Also, accessory-wise, any sunglasses look ridiculous on me, I'm open to suggestions.

Watch? Probably a little too much for the everyday high schooler.

I have two belts, one black and one brown, and I hardly ever wear the black.

Shoes: Asics running shoes for workouts, Tan Nike's for casual/nice, Sperrys for nicer look.

I'll keep updating my "information" as I think of more to post.

5. jarude

jarude Senior member

Find a few staples of your wardrobe and buy nice versions of them. Since you're a bigger dude, I would go for a straight leg jean. Flathead F380 is a good one, albeit a bit pricey for a beginner, so shop around online. Get a nice hoodie, say from Wings and Horns. You can get basic shit like t-shirts and the odd dress shirt from local places like Banana Republic, J-Crew, Gap or whatever. Shoes are up to you, again just get something quality. Since you're in highschool, you don't have to be dropping mad $$$ on massive outfits, just get nice simple stuff.

Just find what you will be wearing the most and spend the most money on that - like I said before, I recommend spending the most on jeans and a nice hoodie since you're probably going to spend most of your time in them.

edit: you're blonde like me, so I reccomend getting stuff in blue, light blue charcoal / grey, maroon, and yellow. You can pull off black or white if you're tanned, but I never fail with light blue or charcoal colored stuff. Find a few basic colours to stick with so a lot of pieces in your outfits will be interchangeable.

6. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

nice hoodies don;t exist

7. jarude

jarude Senior member

nice hoodies don;t exist

Dude is in high school, I don't know about you but I lived in that shit when I was that age.

8. Teger

Teger Senior member

Dude is in high school, I don't know about you but I lived in that shit when I was that age.

doesn't make it a good choice

9. jcool20010

jcool20010 Member

I would wear a v-neck sweater any day before a hoodie. I think the only hoodie I'll wear is my "Maize Football" hoodie.

I also like green, light green, and purple as "my colors."

Thanks for the advice guys.

Also, jeans-wise, I've found my pair of jeans, I love them, and they're durable, and they look decent too. I'm set for jeans.

10. jarude

jarude Senior member

doesn't make it a good choice

What's with all of the hoodie-hate all of a sudden, doesn't everyone still have W+H dick in their mouths?

11. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

i spend nights beasting over w + h

12. Teger

Teger Senior member

What's with all of the hoodie-hate all of a sudden, doesn't everyone still have W+H dick in their mouths?

most hoodies are synonymous with bad fitting ugly streetwear garbage. most w+h hoodies are ugly too, with the exception of a small amount of the plain or tiger fleece ones, which only really are good because they are so practical.

13. jarude

jarude Senior member

most hoodies are synonymous with bad fitting ugly streetwear garbage. most w+h hoodies are ugly too, with the exception of a small amount of the plain or tiger fleece ones, which only really are good because they are so practical.

I didn't even know they made hoodies outside of the tiger fleece ones. oops

14. Mazda

Mazda Senior member

Hook Em Horns

15. jcool20010

jcool20010 Member

Hook Em Horns

Too bad.

I thought about applying to UT, but their tuition is about 20,000 a year more than A&M.