1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

YOU DECIDED THIS Fridays WAYWRN Challenge 1/21/10.. ANNOUNCED!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, Jan 17, 2011.

Tags:
  1. JPHardy

JPHardy Senior member

E-BAY.

It really is a matter of careful and steady shopping, and shopping for lesser known brands or gemmed's within a well known line.

Mike

2. niidawg3

niidawg3 Senior member

E-BAY.

All, from E-Bay.

Mike

the power of the bay!!

also deals can be found from regular brick and mortar stores. its just a matter of catching the sales cycles and combining it with coupons and such.

shit

All my budget crap went to Good Will 2 years ago.

Oh...thats right I haven't been posting anyway!

Good luck guys!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

I'm looking forward to this. Pretty sure every fit I've ever posted here has cost me under $300, probably including shoes and even tailoring. Most are under $150, and some even under $100. I think all of last week's fits put together were probably under $600.

Finding killer deals isn't difficult, it just takes time and patience. Some folks have more money and value their time more highly; I'm the opposite.

4. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

SO it's Under $500 worth of Ebay on my back ?
    Does the limit include alterations & dry cleaning? because that may be part of the expense and should be included to stay true to the challenge, yes?

5. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

is this the official decision? do alteration costs factor in?
    Yes, this is the official decision. $500 cap on what you actually paid for your whole outfit, not counting shoes, watches, jewelry, briefcases, etc. Just the jacket, pants, shirt, tie, square, etc. Alterations do not count.
    Unless I post a shot in boxers I dont think I can come out to play this week.
    $500 boxers, eh? Now that my friends, is Alpha as Fuck. [​IMG] Mike
    I was going to snap a pic when I was beachside tomorrow, but my Villebrequins and Prada flip flops cost over that, so Im out. Sorry d00ds [​IMG]
    SO it's Under $500 worth of Ebay on my back ? Does the limit include alterations & dry cleaning? because that may be part of the expense and should be included to stay true to the challenge, yes?
    No.

6. LennonMcCartney

LennonMcCartney Well-Known Member

500 bucks, that's awesome. Everything I own is under 500 bucks, including shoes and alterations.

7. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

I already went out in my fit (had to visit immigration and like to make a good impression so that they don't jerk me around) and I think in total it all amounts to $500, including shoes if you convert from KRW to USD.

8. pvrhye

pvrhye Senior member

Moving it to the other thread per MBreinin's suggestion.

9. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

Not sure what constitutes Friday, but here's what I wore today. Taken in the faculty bathroom at my elementary school.

[​IMG]

Shirt 50 bucks tailored in Itaewon.
    Hat 150? bucks from the local men's store in Merilville Indiana.
    EDIT: Jacket (how did I forget this) 150ish at uniqlo
    Scarf ??? gift from mom.
    Tie 40 bucks from some hole in the wall between city hall station and myeongdong.
    Sweater ??? gift from mom. Doubt it's that expensive.
    Chinos from Uniqlo 50 bucks
    Shoes and socks aren't pictured, but the socks match the tie if you're curious. They didn't make the size of the bathroom mirror.

You need to move this to WAYWRN.

Mike

10. Metlin

Metlin Senior member

I already went out in my fit (had to visit immigration and like to make a good impression so that they don't jerk me around) and I think in total it all amounts to $500, including shoes if you convert from KRW to USD.

That's unfair. [​IMG] It should be 500, local currency. [​IMG]