YOU DECIDED THIS Fridays WAYWRN Challenge 1/21/10.. ANNOUNCED!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, Jan 17, 2011.

Tags:
  1. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

We have a free week, so we are going to do it old school and see what the forum wants us to do.

*Disclaimer* I want to say that these are not "contests", but "challenges" They are supposed to challenge you to improve on dressing a certain way. I dont want these to turn into clown contests, or who purchased the best item for that day, etc. Its supposed to make us better - hence why some of the suggestions I have read have been omitted.

Carry on.

.....give me a little bit to create a poal while I leaf through my notes on suggestions.. in the meantime, feel free to drop them here.

2. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

3. GBear

GBear Senior member

Too many good ideas...

4. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

I would like to see a Bland Friday.

5. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

I see we are off to a SF approved start. Bland and cheap in the lead!

Mike

6. bleachboy

bleachboy Senior member

What is "Designed by Inspiration"?

7. SpooPoker

What is "Designed by Inspiration"?

So glad someone asked! [​IMG]

I was going to post a picture of something that was inspiring, and have the challengers create an outfit based on their interpretation of the picture.

8. bleachboy

bleachboy Senior member

I was going to post a picture of something that was inspiring, and have the challengers create an outfit based on their interpretation of the picture.

That is a really cool idea, and it has earned my vote!

9. seanpatrickb

seanpatrickb Senior member

I have a feeling spoo has seen an episode of Project Runway...

10. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

Voted for: [​IMG]

11. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

I voted for "Best SF Groupthink". However, I wouldn't mind seeing the best outfit on a budget. The limit should be around $100 without shoes or watch.

12. GBear

GBear Senior member

Oh, I was thinking more like $500 or so. It seems like that's what typical users have to spend that I have seen so far. But being kind of new, I am not sure in general.

13. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

Are we allowing thrifted stuff on a potential budget challenge? Or will that depend on price?

Either way, I need to find a better setup than the one other time if I decide to participate.

Actually, it would probably be safest to define a budget challenge by a maximum retail cost, that way people who thrift and the people who buy stuff brand new at full retail are on an equal footing. $500 full retail, excluding shoes and watch. That could get interesting.

14. musicguy

musicguy Senior member

Are we allowing thrifted stuff on a potential budget challenge? Or will that depend on price? Either way, I need to find a better setup than the one other time if I decide to participate. Actually, it would probably be safest to define a budget challenge by a maximum retail cost, that way people who thrift and the people who buy stuff brand new at full retail are on an equal footing. $500 full retail, excluding shoes and watch. That could get interesting.
    I think 500 is a bit too much... To make it difficult we should do $250! maybe even $100!

15. GBear

GBear Senior member

I think 500 is a bit too much... To make it difficult we should do $250! maybe even $100!
    But then, like cptjeff said, that would give people who thrift a clear advantage. I have just seen that most people (especially people still in university) post about style help and define a budget between $500-$1000. Obviously $1000 is way too high for this is be any challenge. You're right, $500 is a little high still. I would think more like $400. That way, both people who thrift and buy retail will be on equal grounds thus benefitting all of those people out there looking style on a budget. It would definitely contribute as a great resource to those willing to do some searching later on. I just think the public (including myself) have a lot more to learn about dressing on a budget from the senior members here. I don't think there are enough concrete resources just yet. That's just my opinion, maybe I haven't lurked enough. But that might also explain why dressing on a budget has been voted the most. Or just all of us need to lurk more. [​IMG]