• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

You are having tea with the Queen of England tomorrow, what do you wear?

TheloniusDrunk

Reaction score
Just a random question I had. Suppose you are having tea with Her Majesty tomorrow; what would you wear to the event?

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A lounge suit, cap toes and a tie. Same as always.

VictorCelania

Reaction score
Being that she is the Queen of ENGLAND, you definitely want to show your respect to her by being appropriately dressed. Regardless of how she is dressed, you can never be overdressed in this situation. Personally, I would wear a charcoal suit, crisp white English spread collar shirt (since it's the norm there), a full Windsor knot (It was the Duke of Windsor who created this knot afterall.) tie with a muted pattern and black shined cap toed brogues. It's always better to air on the side of conservatism and not be too loud in this situation.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually, the Duke of Windsor never used the knot. He just had his ties made to be really fat, so when he tied a four in hand, it came out to be really fat. The knot was made to imitate, it wasn't his creation. And not all royals share the affection- Charles prefers thin ties and small knots, and the other male royals wear fairly normal ties.

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My sex pistols T shirt. No pants.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wear this..

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would wear this

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would wear a black dress, string of pearls and pumps and beseech her majesty to cover the costs of my sex change operation, facial surgeries and living expenses. I would further promise when the time comes, to close my eyes and think of England.

Last edited:

RanMan

Reaction score
I would wear a black dress, string of pearls and pumps and beseech her majesty to cover the costs of my sex change operation, facial surgeries and living expenses. I would further promise when the times, to close my eyes and think of England.
:spew: Bravo MoL!

Last edited:

RogerC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Full court dress. Cover genitals, look scared.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.