• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

You’ve almost hit your PayPal sending limit‏

gilwood

Reaction score
I keep getting these email from Paypal telling me to "get verified" and then they want my bank account numbers!

They say it's to prevent fraud, but I don't understand why my 5 years of having an account doesn't count for anything?

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
they just want to be able to take your money on bullshit charges.

Big T

Reaction score
I was interested in an item on Ebay and thought I would register with Paypal. I didn't submit any bids, after reconsidering my need for the item.

Since then (about 2 months ago) I get at least a half dozen Paypal emails per week, asking me to verify my account, or asking for bank information "so my accounts can be tied together". Well, I didn't need Paypal before considering that Ebay bid, and I certainly don't need Paypal now.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
they just want to be able to take your money on bullshit charges.

This. You are less protected on transfers from your bank account than you are from a credit card.

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your Paypal limit is $10,000. Once you reach it, make a new email account and start a new Paypal account (must use a different credit card as well, though).

gilwood

Reaction score
I also just tried to list something on ebay and it said that I can no longer list anything until my paypal account is verified. Time for new email / credit card.

frenchy

In Time Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gilwood
I also just tried to list something on ebay and it said that I can no longer list anything until my paypal account is verified. Time for new email / credit card.

they will know its you by your IP adress,make sure you have a dynamic IP that always changes

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.