1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Yoox - which are your favorite unknown brands?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by gza, Mar 23, 2006.

1. harryx2

harryx2 Senior member

Thanks for this!

2. khanew997

khanew997 New Member

Wonderful thread. Has anybody else come across any other brands from yoox that they would recommend?

3. jazerad

jazerad Well-Known Member

I just received my Alain Fracassi it was a three piece suit and the vest is quite large the jacket fits well the construction is subpar but I like it so I will keep it. I would Not recommend buying their suits for full yoox price.
    Stell Bayrem a lovely suit very nice a few hand details fits very well

4. Syed14

Syed14 Member

I have had a very recent experience with the following labels that are frequently stocked up on Yoox:

Shirts

Mastai Ferretti: very slim cut but well made for the price

Havana & Co.: very trim cut and really good fitting shirts.

Shoes

Ciro Lendini: very thin leather and felt pretty hard and uncomfortable to wear. Felt more like walking on cardboard!

Thompson: fits tight and sort of a hit and miss. Used their high top leather boots and they were very uncomfortable and the heel started coming off the sole after almost a month's normal use. Not recommended!

Daniela Fargion: okay for the price on sale but definitely not worth full retail. Also runs small, I'd say one full size.

Sweaters

Alpha Studio: runs small and the finishing was not good!

D.A Daniel Alessandrini: flimsy and quite disappointing stuff! Fit was extremely slim and odd! Better avoid!

5. jazerad

jazerad Well-Known Member

I dont know if people are still using this thread as a resource i have made some recent purchases which i will share.

White Gallery- Suit Stunning Suit made by Scuderi. I have had no experience with this brand until now definitely worth what i paid for it I would put it on par with canali / corneliani

Eral 55- sportcoat Really nice jacket, fully canvassed, nice materials, cool details (linen lined) good fit. FWIW Made in China

Filomarino- Suit Nice material Really soft tailoring couldn't keep it as it was damaged

The sartorialist 1958 - Shirt Crows foot stitch, hand stitched button holes, nice fit, ok material

VIA DEI CALZAIUOLI - shoes garbage

Also there are Stefano Bi shoes listed as size 10 but they are a size 9 unfortunate as they are very nice shoes

1 person likes this.
  6. harryx2

harryx2 Senior member

Thanks and a bump to a nice thread!

7. OnlyTapered

OnlyTapered Active Member

Orciani - leather jacket $350..superb quality and fit
    Futuro- $100 slim cut blazer...very stylish
    MM Mario Matteo- wool blazer purchased for $60...not bad but not great..
    Individual - pretty cheap quality but the fit was good..purchased for $12 final sale
    8- solid yoox house brand, but never pay full retail as they always drop ...arm length usually fit long on shirts and coats, sweaters were very thick wool..shoes are stylish, have nice materials, but build quality isnt great and not super comfortable
    Cristiani- very nice dress shirt..purchased a couple for around $30
    Geox - didnt really like the shoes

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  8. ilikethelights

ilikethelights Senior member

Had my eye on a Futuro coat for a while that got snagged before me that I was wondering about. Have a few sweaters from 8 that were both super cheap and decent for basics. Sizing wasn't consistent though in my experience.

9. harryx2

harryx2 Senior member

I found the brand 8 to have really uncomfortable shoes, do not recommend. MM by Mario Matteo is decent, nothing great.

10. harryx2

harryx2 Senior member

I forgot to add that I bought a pair of Angelo Nardelli boots and although they look nice, they are really uncomfortable to wear after a few hours...

11. OnlyTapered

OnlyTapered Active Member

a few more

Leonardo Principi - $50 leather dress shoes nice quality not super comfortable though

Alice San Diego - $28 dress shirt, amazing quality and materials...good brand

Grey Daniel Allesandrini - $30 dress shirt. Good quality

Gaetano Navarra - $54 dress pants...very stylish and good fit.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  12. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

How about Sartore? At first I thought it might be misspelled Sartorial (younger Kiton line), but by the current price I assume It is not. Anyone actually bought something?

13. bamgrinus

bamgrinus Senior member

I picked up a couple pairs of wool pants from Santanielo Napoli. Both appear to be pretty well-made. Horn buttons, 110s wool, half lined. The styling on one pair of them is pretty hideous, though...it appears that it comes from a more "fashion" line, and has details like weird metal buttons, a chain that runs from the pocket (removable, but there are extra loops sewn in for it to attach to), and a sewn in cuff that has a contrast stripe on it which presumably is meant to mimic selvedge. It'd be nice if yoox provided better pictures so you could tell this before buying. It's too bad, too, because the wool is very nice.

Edit: Should also mention that sizing on their pants appears to be TTS and not vanity sized.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  14. Bower

Bower Senior member

This is a really interesting and necessary thread, thanks a lot. My experience with Yoox unknown brands has been poor so far. It´s great to finally discover that some brands are nice.

15. boringlawyer

boringlawyer New Member

I bought a pair of pants last year by Sartore (mocha, super 130s from Compagnia della Lana). I'm by no means an expert but IMO quality is as good, if not slightly better, than Zanella. Frieschsksys has a number of suits and sportcoats by Sartore, which appeared over the last month or two. The fabrics are from reputable mills but no staples.

That being said, last week I was able to try on a sportcoat at my favorite men's store while in my hometown in Michigan: true blue in VBC Revenge 150s (I think), flap pockets, two button. It appeared to be half-canvassed while design and quality reminded me of the Lazio from SuitSupply. It was priced around $800ish, to the best of my memory.