1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

YOOX selling fake Balmain

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Grimmster, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Grimmster

Grimmster Member

http://www.yoox.com/us/44436139FT/i...ource=linkshare_us#cod10=44436139FT&sizeId=13

Doing a quick Google search, I can't seem to find any mention of this anywhere.

Balmain never released this in any fall/winter collection.

Looking at the article it self, I don't think this is a Balmain product at all.

Label says Made in China.

And shoe sizing is all wrong. The listing says 10 (US) 40 (EU) - this cannot be right, 40 EU is too damn small to be a 10.
    The listing also says 9 (US) 39 (EU), which is again, false.

Anyone experienced anything similar with Yoox?

1 person likes this.
  2. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

Who cares if they are legit or not. They are ugly.

3. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

Yoox often has sizing errors in its listings, which makes sense, given the breadth of merchandise -- they can't be familiar with all of it.

I only see a size 5 (35 Euro), which agrees with the fact that this was released as a women's shoe circa ss11 - ss12. I don't remember a men's version.

Balmain is prominent and expensive enough that it makes sense for people to be faking their goods, but a glance at the high-res photo does not reveal the kind of shoddy construction typical to counterfeit merchandise.

I am not proclaiming it real, but I don't think you have established it is a fake.

How do you know it was made in China?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  4. ppllzz

ppllzz Senior member

they very often mess up the gender of the item, well not very often but it should never happen

5. Grimmster

Grimmster Member

@Mistral, looks like people care enough.

@GoldenTribe, thanks or the response. There were sizes 5 (US) all the way to 10 (US).

I purchased the size 9 and size 10, that is why I am posting here.

I would never have suspected YOOX selling counterfeits, as their reputation is rock solid.

How do I know they are Made in China? Because it says so clearly. Here's a pic :

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  6. Grimmster

Grimmster Member

@ppllzz

Yeah, I got a feeling they mixed up the gender.

But I still can't find these under Balmain Womens fall/winter zip high-top sneakers

7. Grimmster

Grimmster Member

Customer service has yet to respond to me ='/

8. Teger

Teger Senior member

could be samples, could be a piece bought by 1 store, etc.

9. Grimmster

Grimmster Member

I bought both sizes, 9 and 10. It's not just a single piece - there were sizes 5 through to 11.

They're prolly fake womens ones. On hindsight now, such a silly purchase.

Sigh!

2 people like this.
  10. Fycus

Fycus Senior member

Dude stop posting here saying theyre fakes unless you have solid evidence. My guess is that they're legit, but its probably meant for an outlet or some shit. Your fault for buying ugly ass shoes in the first place.