YOOX question for those who've bought from them

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Get Smart, Apr 7, 2006.

1. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

I just purchased on Yoox and today received an email asking to fax or email a scan of the credit card used in the purchase as part of their "internal security" for "high dollar or multiple orders in short time" orders (this order was for $350). Is this normal procedure for Yoox? I'm not keen on the idea of faxing a copy of the front/back of credit card to an international 011 fax number

thanks

2. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

I've ordered on multiple occasions and never had that request made. Sounds totally bogus to me. I would call their customer derice center to verify the request. This has phsihing scam all over it.

3. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

ok it's legit. called their customer service and they said it's somethign they do on first time orders.

4. nerdykarim

nerdykarim Senior member

ok it's legit. called their customer service and they said it's somethign they do on first time orders.

for what it's worth, as long as you used credit (not debit) you should be fine, even if someone steals your cc information.

5. whoopee

whoopee Senior member

Since they are based outside the USA, American credit cards are international and they need confirmation.

6. berlin report

berlin report Senior member

I had to do the same thing when I ordered from Zappos because I live in Germany. They said there was no other way to confirm my credit card. Its a pain.