• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yoox.com sizing; reliable or not?

ROXOR

Reaction score
Hello! So, I'm totally new to this forum. I'm also new to yoox.com and in fact I'm relatively new to dress shoes/formal clothing in general.

Here in the Netherlands I'm used to having a size 39/40 for shoes (depending on brand). My main dress shoes are on their way out so when I saw a marked-down pair of Dolce & Gabbana (yes yes I know) lace-up dress shoes in size 39 I figured why not.

Imagine my surprise that the shoes where marked as a "size 5". In most sizing guides, a UK 5 converts to a size 38. Yet the sizing guide of yoox.com claims a UK 5 is the equivalent of a 39. So does the sizing guide of Dolce & Gabbana...

I figure they should know what they are talking about. But even after trying to break them in with stretching spray + thick socks the shoes remained too small. In fact my size 38/39 shoe tree still wouldn't fit in either even after they stretched a bit... which makes me think that they might have been on the small side even for a size 38.

The problem of this pair of shoes aside, I now find myself rather hesitant to order other pairs from yoox. After all, what size would I even have to order...?

Can people help me out and explain their experiences with sizing from yoox (and international conversion in general)? Is is usually reliable or completely messed up?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads