• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yoox - Caruso Sartoria Parma Mixup

withstyle

Reaction score
So, I ordered the following item from Yoox over the weekend at 15% off. was very excited...

http://www.yoox.com/item.asp?tskay=3...2OA&sts=help80

But then it arrived today and it was the Fluo model, NOT Sartoria Parma. Half-canvassed with a fluorescent yellow button on one side.

Anyone else have an experience like this with Yoox? Is this common? It was my first Yoox purchase... am obviously returning the suit.

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sucks that you got the Fluo model instead of the Sartorio Parma. However, did you actually look at both pictures before you purchased the suit? You can clearly see the yellow button on the second picture.

withstyle

Reaction score
congratulations for finding the "telltale" yellow button knowing you need to look for it... I can clearly see it now too.

but I had never heard of "Fluo" before I got the suit and frankly wasn't scrutinizing the sleeve buttons closely. on a site like ebay I would scrutinize an item to look for signs of fraud or mis-labeling, but I thought Yoox was considered legitimate. The item was labeled as Sartoria Parma, which I am familiar with, so I had no reason to doubt. I was very happy to find something in my size for such a reasonable price.

maybe it was just a one-time mixup, but back to my original post, I would like to know if others have had similar experiences with yoox before I ever place another order with them.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It also looks unnaturally short.

Are any of the Sartoria Parma coats cut like this?
confused.gif

withstyle

Reaction score
are any of the Ralph Lauren suits actually cut like they fit the models wearing them on their website? Many "model" pictures are over-stylized in this fashion - it's common. I assumed, and was right in my assumption, that the "Yoox" suit would not fit me exactly the way it does the model in the picture.

the point is that Yoox mis-labeled a suit (actually mistaking a maker's lowest-end line for their highest). Is this common? Have others had similar experiences?

If anyone wouldn't mind sharing their own Yoox experiences it would be greatly appreciated.

johnny_flapjack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am now convinced that they just label all of the RC stuff as RCSP, probably b/c the person running the internet machine probably just takes that as the maker's proper name. I bought what was advertised as a RCSP suit from them as well probably six months ago. When it showed up it was standard Raphael Caruso, not SP. I have one SP suit which I like very much, so I was fired up to get another one at a good price. Didn't happen. Sent it back.

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by withstyle
maybe it was just a one-time mixup, but back to my original post, I would like to know if others have had similar experiences with yoox before I ever place another order with them.
Yoox messes things up from time to time, such as misreading labels. I've purchasde a coat which was advertised as "Santoro" instead of "Sartoria." I realized the error before the purchase and that it was, in fact, a Satoria Napoli coat. The cursive script of Sartoria seemed to confuse them. In this case, it benefited me as a buyer, because a high end brand went unsold with a gibberish name.

withstyle

Reaction score
thanks - very helpful. I'll be more careful when buying on Yoox.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I ordered a Zegna from Yoox one time and when it arrived, it wasn't a Zegna at all. I sent it back with the explanation that it wasn't a Zegna, and they relisted it ... as a Zegna. So I contacted them again to explain the problem. But it never got fixed, and someone else here ended up buying it under the assumption it was a Zegna.

Attention to detail isn't Yoox's strong suit.

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
I ordered a Zegna from Yoox one time and when it arrived, it wasn't a Zegna at all. I sent it back with the explanation that it wasn't a Zegna, and they relisted it ... as a Zegna. So I contacted them again to explain the problem. But it never got fixed, and someone else here ended up buying it under the assumption it was a Zegna. Attention to detail isn't Yoox's strong suit.
What was it if not Zegna? For a while I think they had Z-Zegna under the Zegna category, but they seem to have addressed that. They still put prorsum and non-prosum Burberry stuff under the same category. As for the Caruso Fluo items, I did spot those wrongly listed items. They even have a fluo category so there's no excuse.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yoox is sometimes really odd. Luckily, their returns policy is good and, if they make a mistake, they'll usually take the return for free (returning the $5 fee), but still... sometimes the way they list thing (or the items they list) make no sense. For example, right now Yoox has two pair of Valentino jeans that must have been dead stock purchased from some store that found them in the closet; they must be 15 years old or more and they're being sold as "new" for a very high price. http://www1.yoox.com/searchresult.as...pp/10/gender/U Caveat emptor.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
I ordered a Zegna from Yoox one time and when it arrived, it wasn't a Zegna at all. I sent it back with the explanation that it wasn't a Zegna, and they relisted it ... as a Zegna. So I contacted them again to explain the problem. But it never got fixed, and someone else here ended up buying it under the assumption it was a Zegna.

Attention to detail isn't Yoox's strong suit.

That someone was me. It was a Caruso Sartoria Parma jacket.

Closer

Reaction score
I have had many similar experiences with Yoox. They are very good about handling returns though.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
Yoox is sometimes really odd. Luckily, their returns policy is good and, if they make a mistake, they'll usually take the return for free (returning the $5 fee), but still... sometimes the way they list thing (or the items they list) make no sense.

For example, right now Yoox has two pair of Valentino jeans that must have been dead stock purchased from some store that found them in the closet; they must be 15 years old or more and they're being sold as "new" for a very high price.

http://www1.yoox.com/searchresult.as...pp/10/gender/U

Caveat emptor.

Yow.

I had a pair of green jeans like that...sometime early in the Clinton years.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mack11211
Yow. I had a pair of green jeans like that...sometime early in the Clinton years.
Yep. One of my first "high end" purchases as a teenager was a pair of pants like that... but mine were Versace Jeans Couture! They had this hideous black leather medusa on the back and a gigantic VJC in white. I thought they were so cool...
lol8[1].gif
Anyway, I just don't get how the folks at Yoox could put those on the site, at that pricing, and not realize 1) they're old and 2) they're OLD.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads