• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

STRUTTER

Reaction score
@AliWong
There's Y's Bang on now. I don't know what the item code begins with, but they are doing menswear/genderless.

I'm not completely sure that they've never done menswear since YFM closed shop in 2009. All the promotions for Y's seem to indicate it's been doing womenswear since then. Since the aim of Y's is (or was) making men's clothes for women, it wouldn't surprise me that some items resemble menswear closely owing to the brand vision.

@fistinyoface
Well, I guess the rule of thumb is to buy to your size and not to the measurements, since measurements vary widely. If you're a 46-48 then I think a lot of sz 2 might fit you, and might be safer if you're not trying on first...

I was thinking that choosing pants by height might also work, since wool gabardine in general is so forgiving with sizing up. You would pick for the intended correct proportions. For me, that's a sz 2. If you're around 6ft sz 3 would be better.

apbarbarian

Reaction score
has anyone tried on / handled both the AW17 and AW18 gabardine balloon pants? i'm trying to decide which one to get and I've only tried on the AW18 ones - are the AW17 much different in fit?

fistinyoface

Reaction score
@STRUTTER, thanks for the tips. I definitely needed a size 3 because of my long arms and legs. Phew. Turns out I love Yohji's shirts. I have generally always dug oversized button ups. Why did I sleep on his for so long? They're amazing.

immajustin

Reaction score
Hi guys, new member here, any experts able to help me legit check this vintage yohji linen piece?

68FA3952-DFE4-4A3A-A4F2-D49CC5262889.jpeg

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't been rocking as much yohji as before but some pieces are so great they follow you no matter what direction you go

Untitled25.jpg

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Damn I was just thinking of that coat the other day glad you still rock it :cool2:

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn I was just thinking of that coat the other day glad you still rock it :cool2:

Its really an awesome coat. Ive never stopped liking it even though my style has developed in different directions

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Probably similar to other Adidas Superstars. I have some of the Super Positions from a few years back and they fit like regular Adidas shell toes, but the leather is a bit heavier (and nicer) so they feel a tad bit stiffer. The extra rubber detailing on those will also probably make them feel less flexible.

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably similar to other Adidas Superstars. I have some of the Super Positions from a few years back and they fit like regular Adidas shell toes, but the leather is a bit heavier (and nicer) so they feel a tad bit stiffer. The extra rubber detailing on those will also probably make them feel less flexible.

Confession: I have never tried on any Adidas (or Nike!). Do the regular superstars fit TTS?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics