• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Veillar

Reaction score
It’s been a while, hope everyone’s doing fine :)

YYPH 00aw setup.
DDF65229-7AD1-4562-A584-DC3A8533E288.jpeg
FE0785FA-7DAC-49D1-BCE9-8EA54B56B9B2.jpeg

The jacket is a size 3 and pants are a 4, but the pants are somehow a slimmer cut then expected so still works.

Symphony

Reaction score
Question for somebody getting into a Yohji: what would be a better first buy in regards to Pants to fit the silhouette? Hakama pants or just some baggy drawstrings?

Edit: on another note, would anyone happen to know what season the hakama pants that are 71% wool 29% cotton are from?

Last edited:

Veillar

Reaction score
Question for somebody getting into a Yohji: what would be a better first buy in regards to Pants to fit the silhouette? Hakama pants or just some baggy drawstrings?

Edit: on another note, would anyone happen to know what season the hakama pants that are 71% wool 29% cotton are from?

Basic drawstring pants would be an ideal start to build your wardrobe around. I have a couple of pairs of hakamas and to be honest they do get as many wears as drawstring pants.

Symphony

Reaction score
Basic drawstring pants would be an ideal start to build your wardrobe around. I have a couple of pairs of hakamas and to be honest they do get as many wears as drawstring pants.

thats What I was thinking too. I found some pleatless hakamas for a good price, but I really want to know which to start with lol.

I’m eventually getting both but still

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You look great!

Veillar

Reaction score
Hope everyone is doing fine.
weather here in Tokyo gets warmer, perfect time to put on my hakama.
1A9611C5-290F-43D9-B921-2D60928373C7.jpeg

Bed jw ford wool hat
12ss product dye jacket
19ss wool gaba hakama
YYPH Demi boots.

see you next time, also looking forward to see more fit pics from you guys :)

squintzz

Reaction score
Always killing it Veillar. Must be tiring supporting this entire thread on your own lol.

Btw, anyone know what happened to the 'B' line? Did they decide to discontinue this line for good?

Veillar

Reaction score
Don't think I handled many things from 09ss so far but this suit definitely is a thing of beauty, great pick up Oulipien!

@squintzz haha this thread has become my escape from hectic life, so many good fit pics, discussions... making a bit of contribution is the least I can do.

Also regarding your question of B line, well prolly Yohji san is trying to avoid overextension, which we all know took a high toll on his brand the last time. I haven't paid any visit to the aoyama store lately, maybe the next time I am there I'll try to inquire the staff about the matter.

Veillar

Reaction score
I really feel that Yohji has too many diffusion lines.

Nowadays i see similar designs, in terms of graphics at least which get trickled down to the New Era collab.
Indeed, if I remember correctly, the syte line had a few sweatshirt using prints of Rokumeikan, and that was even before the Rokumeikan coats were replicated.

Replication became a major theme for yohji in recent years, even some looks the 22aw collection feels like a hodgepodge of yohji's previous works. Well I guess we can enjoy the beauty of past collections in this case...

BTW, they are also replicating the 08ss slogan suits for next season.

takashi78

Reaction score
I think actual replication is fine of some designs 10-20yrs ago, gives our generation of someone who discovered Yohji later a chance to acquire the piece.

What i am sad to see is releases below, i remembering seeing this print on Y3 couple seasons back and now the same print is on the New-Era collab with 50% pricier?
Both not being made in Japan.

1654148597142.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads