• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Veillar

Reaction score
Some fit pics as promised.

Weather here in Tokyo is turning cold but not so cold, so this is what I put together for the current temperature.
44025444-7B76-460F-BD7E-F8CBD15B88F2.jpeg

97206F26-A2E9-49A7-873E-59A1F0826E34.jpeg

C02C1481-EEEB-4A99-BA1A-57F14B975274.jpeg

06aw runway sweater, big, heavy and beautiful. Really happy finding this.
Muji white tee.
17ss wool gaba long pants.

looking forward to seeing more fit pics from you guys :)

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Oh my goodness where did you find that aw06 knit I’ve been searching for a decade

betterusername

Reaction score
YYPH biege marble tencel pants size 3 available for sale at 450usd including shipping, brand new without tags. Details and more pictures in the listing below: https://www.styleforum.net/buyandsell/yohji-yamamoto-pour-homme-aw2015-marble-biege-pants.23720/

Feel free to message me if you have any questions!

View attachment 1475053
Purchased these pants (perfectly smooth transaction, by the way) and thought what the heck. Double-marbled with Dries silk shirt that's an eerily close cousin.

Attachments

• marbles.jpg
    marbles.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 225

im eddie

Reaction score
Cheers all - hope that some of you experts can help me with a piece I just got in - I cant track back the date code based on the list in the first post, does anyone have some insight into this (super freaking cool) jacket?

View attachment 1447007 View attachment 1447010 View attachment 1447011 View attachment 1447013 View attachment 1447014
FS-J94-

F=YY Femme
H= YY Pour Homme

S= the season

J94= Jacket style 94

Size = Letter means its before 2000

Looking at other listings online, the code represents YY Femme Collection from AW 92. Good luck finding a runway shot, but looking at some male pieces from the same year the theme of the big button and militarish embroidery trims are present.

Last edited:

Veillar

Reaction score
Sharing with y’all a few other pick ups I am content with:

1ECEA928-2BC0-4620-AEF6-076C92FED815.jpeg

YYPH 11aw high waist pants (HP-P22-100). The wool gaba version of the 22 look of that season. Amazing silhouette and details. So many ways to wear these pants but, since they come with suspender buttons, I decide to take advantage of them and throw on a YYPH white shirt to match.
3C02A9F9-06C1-47A9-A587-EE3A84DF489F.jpeg

Adding to this look is a YYPH AW19 coat (HC-J19-100) that I gladly found for a reasonable prize.
383C56A2-11E0-4C59-A048-56795D2A85AE.jpeg

This coat resembles the traditional “Dr.jacket” but is more roomy. Also, it actually comes with two buttons at the hem that could be fastened to the tabs on the back, but I never tried so since I prefer a cleaner silhouette.

2F5FB233-83B2-4968-8FE4-E1EA533A5505.jpeg

AC5E2F51-4BAF-4832-81EF-A92C650A1998.jpeg

YYPH 19aw coat
YYPH 16ss shirt
YYPH 11aw pants

This fit is practically an uniform for me recently and serves as a constant reminder; I might be getting my hands on a few showy runway pieces every now and then, but the simpleness and comfort that these black coat, white shirt, black pants offer were the reasons why I admire this brand in the very first place, and heck I still couldn’t get enough of that.

Reaction score

View attachment 1507263
YYPH 11aw high waist pants (HP-P22-100). The wool gaba version of the 22 look of that season. Amazing silhouette and details. So many ways to wear these pants but, since they come with suspender buttons, I decide to take advantage of them and throw on a YYPH white shirt to match.
View attachment 1507264

Adding to this look is a YYPH AW19 coat (HC-J19-100) that I gladly found for a reasonable prize.
View attachment 1507265
This coat resembles the traditional “Dr.jacket” but is more roomy. Also, it actually comes with two buttons at the hem that could be fastened to the tabs on the back, but I never tried so since I prefer a cleaner silhouette.

View attachment 1507267
View attachment 1507269
YYPH 19aw coat
YYPH 16ss shirt
YYPH 11aw pants

This fit is practically an uniform for me recently and serves as a constant reminder; I might be getting my hands on a few showy runway pieces every now and then, but the simpleness and comfort that these black coat, white shirt, black pants offer were the reasons why I admire this brand in the very first place, and heck I still couldn’t get enough of that.
Love me some high waist/suspender pants, those look fantastic on you and the fit with the coat is pretty much what I aspire to.

Recently received tab pants from AW20 season in size 3. Unfortunately, seems like its way too big for me and fits too baggy. Was looking to get the same silhouette as the runway, but they look more like the balloon pants on me. Will probably have to resell and find a pair in size 2 or maybe even 1.

IMG_1006.JPG

And speaking of suspender pants, got these as well:
00420m.jpg

Will try to upload photos soon.

takashi78

Reaction score
Interesting "fantasy draft" from GQ for the next Brooks Brothers designer. Todd Snyder makes a lot of sense. Like picking Duke to win the tournament every year. I love the idea of Jerry Lorenzo or Kirby Jean-Raymond but I can't see either being creatively interested in dressing the brooks crowd. Same with Thom Browne, he did it before with black fleece, but all of BB, can't see it. John Elliot would be fascinating. Scott Sternberg would be my dark house, having brands that sold both high and low.

https://www.gq.com/story/brooks-brothers-designer-fantasy-draft

I'm hoping we can resume talking about the fashion industry and not about politics, there's no *Joy* there.

View attachment 1507263
View attachment 1507264

View attachment 1507265

View attachment 1507267
View attachment 1507269
YYPH 19aw coat
YYPH 16ss shirt
YYPH 11aw pants

Great "simple" look and awesome find. Wish i was tall enough to pull that off.
Just curious how tall are you in CM?

Sometimes in my country even wearing the combo you have on now invites stares. As such my YYPH pieces are always the simple ones. And as you said, even just finding those pieces we will need a long journey.

takashi78

Reaction score
Love me some high waist/suspender pants, those look fantastic on you and the fit with the coat is pretty much what I aspire to.

Recently received tab pants from AW20 season in size 3. Unfortunately, seems like its way too big for me and fits too baggy. Was looking to get the same silhouette as the runway, but they look more like the balloon pants on me. Will probably have to resell and find a pair in size 2 or maybe even 1.

View attachment 1507582

And speaking of suspender pants, got these as well:
View attachment 1507587

Will try to upload photos soon.

What is your waist size?
I tried out pieces in the a multi brand bouq locally that has a few YYPH pieces each season, they always seem to carry size-3 99% of the time.
I get the cinched at the waist look but some kinda look ridiculous and honest not comfortable when cinched that much at the waist.

Veillar

Reaction score
Great "simple" look and awesome find. Wish i was tall enough to pull that off.
Just curious how tall are you in CM?

Sometimes in my country even wearing the combo you have on now invites stares. As such my YYPH pieces are always the simple ones. And as you said, even just finding those pieces we will need a long journey.
Thank you for your compliments :) I am about 185cm tall and wearing size 3 for all items posted above.

Just my personal experience, I get the feeling that Yohji lovers of medium height in fact are most blessed here in Japan. I once came across a 00ss “アジアの不良” setup, was happy with everything excepting the pants turnt out to be too short for me :( Same thing happened just earlier this week when I found another 96aw “discolored” suit setup, those trousers were marked size M but the gems were hanging at least two centimeters above my ankle, pity :(

Regarding the issue of “inviting stares” , yeah it happens, but certainly not as much as in Europe. Still remember the stare ppl gave me when they spotted me wearing hakamas and a floral jacket on the streets of Prague. I guess one should have confidence and and even a bit nonchalance when it comes to wearing what you like (not only Yohji): at the end of the day, what really matters is: are you comfortable with your outfit? If so, go ahead.

Reaction score
What is your waist size?
I tried out pieces in the a multi brand bouq locally that has a few YYPH pieces each season, they always seem to carry size-3 99% of the time.
I get the cinched at the waist look but some kinda look ridiculous and honest not comfortable when cinched that much at the waist.
I'm waist 31". I do also like the cinched waist look, particularly I remember and enjoyed in one collection there were some high waist pants styled with a belt over top to cinch and the extra material flopping down. I think these particular tab pants were meant to be essentially free waist as I checked measurements on some size 2's and they were still quite roomy. Though, if the pockets aren't designed with that in mind, could be annoying getting them in the right spot on the side of hips.

Reaction score
Havent actually found an opportunity to wear the above pants but an outfit today in yyph turtleneck (would love to know if anyone can id the season), ys coat, and dries pants. Tag code on sweater is hy-k04-170 and the sizing is numbered...

Attachments

• 81CA4322-CAF2-4669-A730-CEDAB55B53D0.jpeg
    81CA4322-CAF2-4669-A730-CEDAB55B53D0.jpeg
    72.8 KB · Views: 160

im eddie

Reaction score
Havent actually found an opportunity to wear the above pants but an outfit today in yyph turtleneck (would love to know if anyone can id the season), ys coat, and dries pants. Tag code on sweater is hy-k04-170 and the sizing is numbered...
AW15-16 no runway

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads