• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

jacobcosquer

Reaction score
I will look up the Kent Brush that you mentioned - thank you for the comment on my piece:)

170 is cheap! I wish that there were regular ways to find nice second hand Yohji pieces here in the UK :(

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, my wife is Japanese and my in laws let me ship stuff to their house and I just pick it up whenever I go there. Although if you search hard enough you can find stuff especially vintage suits for not much because formalwear is just not cool for many people. Although balloon pants and stuff with some hype ain’t never coming down

jacobcosquer

Reaction score
I am sad that it seems like this forum has kind of died off compared to how busy it seemed in the beginning.

If anyone wants a chat or has anything they want to show, or even pieces that they are considering selling please let me know!

happyriverz

Reaction score
Anyone saw the womenswear SS21 show -- absolutely the best thing Yohji has put out in a long time by a mile -- I was completely blown away:

_ALE0706.jpg

_ALE0728.jpg

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
re: dog hair... I think the more the merrier. I recently read this FT piece on Yohji and this line caught my eye:

Yamamoto arrives, his black layers flecked with dog hair. He lights a cigarette and laughs as I tell him about the coat I bought last season from his Conduit Street store – my most ruinous fashion purchase in years. “You think my clothes are expensive?” he asks rhetorically, with mock horror. “More expensive than what!?

iu-5.jpeg

jacobcosquer

Reaction score
re: dog hair... I think the more the merrier. I recently read this FT piece on Yohji and this line caught my eye:

Yamamoto arrives, his black layers flecked with dog hair. He lights a cigarette and laughs as I tell him about the coat I bought last season from his Conduit Street store – my most ruinous fashion purchase in years. “You think my clothes are expensive?” he asks rhetorically, with mock horror. “More expensive than what!?

View attachment 1470043

love this. Guess it’s all about embracing imperfections right?

bhammond

Reaction score
Two leather jackets added to S'yte catalogue. Limited experience but I've found the S'yte products to be simple but well made. Styles are pretty basic, not sure if they offer anything beyond any other leather jacket offering.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
S'yte has lots of nice Yohji "basics". I have some of the balloon pants and a long sleeve tee. quality and design are nice. Just not quite as "interesting" as the main lines.

@takashi78 Yeah I'm a little baffled at how many lines there are. Seems like they are trying to really fragment their audience into little discreet market segments. I guess there are some fans who really just like the goth stuff or the athletic stuff or what-have-you.

takashi78

Reaction score
Whats weird is, i tried on a YYPH tshirt recently in my country.
Only to find the exact same design on the official online store but branded under "Black Scandal".

What gives?
Prices are about the same though.

Oh and i recently bought the 3-pack tshirt from the official site, prices seems to be 20-30% more than Japan domestically.
Shipping was really fast though.

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
YY was a dumb amount of diffusion lines for no reason. It would do him better to just consolidate most lines into a couple lines. I mean it’s not like YY hasn’t gone through tough times before, now would be a great time to quietly combine lines.

im eddie

Reaction score
Over the years I've gathered up a selection of stores I buy new seasons from that offer low cost shipping and big discounts on their sales. I like to sell-off my pieces and put something else in it's place, eventually I will have what I want in my wardrobe. Usually I am always looking at the Japanese markets.

I use mercari for a lot of old YYPH pieces, its hit or miss if your Buyee is quick to offer, but its worth a shot for the best deals on used stuff. A lot of the resellers on this side of the ocean seem to be pulling stuff from Japan second hand and the markups are insane. That playful-dc store for example has some crazy markups.

Here's one I managed to catch them in act in. Too bad I have to use buyee from USA and my bids/offers are always late. That's around $1,500 USD resell for something bought at around $300.

Always avoid resellers unless you really want a piece. Sometimes I bite the bullet and just get proxy from Japan, but new clothes carry big custom fees on top of proxy fees.

cool finds,

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Really love that jungle jacket with the floral. too bad it's gone!

Veillar

Reaction score
Been busy recently, finally found some time today to take a few (poor) fit pics. Will be posting them in a couple of days (hopefully).

The 3-layered “ 三枚切れ” jacket and pants set up. Reproduced version of 15aw look 3. Amazing fabric and details.

45B68E11-05BF-49B8-A947-B12DDC36F188.jpeg

6BFE6553-219B-4DDA-8F12-E67F049CC87B.jpeg

“三枚切れ” indeed, blending wool, cotton and rayon. As you can see in the pic below, even the back of the jacket has multiple layers and, as the breeze rises, so does the outmost layer of the jacket. Indeed happy purchase.

2CEDE187-A6AD-48FB-8624-18C8C6882840.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads