• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Veillar

Reaction score
Perfect looks, especially the first one! It's the silhouette I was aiming for when hunting for my Yohji suit. However the only pants I managed to find are those creased ones, but in person I ended up liking them way more that I thought I will. Not creased ones are my next purchase for sure, if I manage to find some decent ones.
I had drawstring pants from Yohji's Regulation line at first, made from 150 wool gaba, but they didn't go well with the jacket. 150 gabardine is much thinner and has a bit more luster.

You're from Tokyo? Must feel great to just go and buy Yohji, either new or second hand. I'm located in Poland so my only choice at the moment are either auctions or EU stores which have very limited YYPH stock and mental prices, and my second Japan trip was cancelled by covid, yay.
Thx for the compliments.

Not really “from Tokyo” but been living there for a while, for a Yohji lover it certainly has many upsides as well as downsides... one of which is the endless temptation... even with recent seasons that are not very much to my liking, the second-hand stores out there could always surprise me with their older items that are in rather good condition and a reasonable (well, not so much recently tbh) price.

Veillar

Reaction score
Just a fit before I went on the trip.
Recent pick up: s’yte 2020ss Dahila Shirt, bought from Anji san.some may call it a poor man’s “花と少年” piece but anyways:)

F76B2FCC-EA29-45BF-A81D-B32521EFA8D3.jpeg

442B530B-FF93-492E-8FBE-FB631274486D.jpeg

04CC594B-B895-46E6-AB64-CE2C89CF763D.jpeg

E65C0F72-AD39-430B-8AF0-B391BCB1F89A.jpeg

Wearing it with the 19ss re-issued version hakama. The 19ss version is made of 112 wool gaba, which in my eyes look more textured than the 12ss og ones. The previous suit look could be a bit too harsh for me considering the recent weather out here in Japan, but the shirt and hakama look is just right for the moment.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dope!

Nyarlathotep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's really nice, Veillar. Me, I've been sort of trying out whether this kind of look works for me by wearing voluminous thin wool pants and two sizes up white poplin dress shirts and I think I'll take the plunge soon. The YY online store has to be one of the worst ever though, horrible clunky design.

About sizing though, I'm a 34" in trousers, so would size 3 be good for me?

Veillar

Reaction score
That's really nice, Veillar. Me, I've been sort of trying out whether this kind of look works for me by wearing voluminous thin wool pants and two sizes up white poplin dress shirts and I think I'll take the plunge soon. The YY online store has to be one of the worst ever though, horrible clunky design.

About sizing though, I'm a 34" in trousers, so would size 3 be good for me?
Sounds awesome, Mr. N (if that’s ok). Happy to know that you as well admire this sorta “look” or aesthetics and would like to dive in it :)

I personally don’t have much of an opinion of the online store (mainly because I would just hit Aoyama if i am interested in new season’s pieces or any good items on sale). It is not the best designed online store out there but, as long as the products are intriguing, I guess I could put up with it.

Coming back to your question, as you may be have read in our thread, many Yohji “veterans” here have emphasized that Yohji’ s clothing size vary quite a bit across different seasons or even pieces. I would personally assume that a size 3 would work for you since the pants, skirts and whatnots I own all unexceptionally run considerably larger than 34” (they range from 40 to 47”). However, I would still strongly advise you try the desired item in person or get the measurements from web shops.

takashi78

Reaction score
I have Yohji pants in size-2 & 3 and like what the rest has said, it really depends on the season/line/style.

i have one pants which is size-3 and is around 34in waist. Another which is a size-2 that is 36-38inch waist. Go figure.

Tried on a current season size-3 pants recently, i think the waist is easily 40in.
I don't mind cinching the waist, but some need to cinch so much that i wonder how durable is the "rope" within the waistband and also material of the pants being cinched.

Veillar

Reaction score
Nice ftiz @Veillar
also Psychocandy one of the best albums ever!
“Just like Honey~”

Also, I’d like to share with you guys a bit of info on Yohji’s plans for replica pieces (Although many of you may have already knew lol).

I heard that this season we are expecting to see pieces from 15aw as replicas. Most likely this look:
13BC68F7-F7DF-4176-921E-E6008C78E67C.jpeg

As for the next season or in the near future, it is said that Yohji will be reproducing the 02ss “girl” embroidery jackets (and matching pants too) but which version is still to be decided.

Personally I’d say these are all tempting especially for those who missed them when they were first issued. Hopefully we will see more concrete info later.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yeah, I saw some of those pieces up for sale already. There are some nice ones pants from those mid-00s collections I have my eye on.

takashi78

Reaction score
Yeah, I saw some of those pieces up for sale already. There are some nice ones pants from those mid-00s collections I have my eye on.

Which website did you see it up?

BTW do any of you guys have any YY leather goods?
Mind to give comments on their build and make, durability long term and how does the leather "patina" over time.

maregmareg

Reaction score
It didn’t really take long time until I got my another Yohji purchase.
Found those Y’s pants on local listing in my country, seeing other Yohji in Poland than Y3 feels super strange - code is mn-p16-101 - they’re made from mid weght wool twill, elasticated waist, loose silhouette, very simple and versatile design.
Size is 5, my YYPH pants are 3 but those Y’s fit me great (fit pics a bit later), with my favourite hem size of 24 cm.
As for the Y’s line - what year they might be from? Why is the „Y” kinda slanted and says Yohji Yamamoto as well? Any bits of knowledge for Yohji noob will be very appreciated.
Now the best part - they were around $55 in like new condition!

2F7453D6-AB19-4EF9-94B3-4AFABE52CAF7.jpeg
86D7EE34-BB40-4426-BF7C-0C9838A1B516.jpeg
474FD18A-CD4A-4B78-ADBF-0105F98226F4.jpeg
3E003DA4-0248-4D3D-B77C-08A52BEA914E.jpeg

im eddie

Reaction score
Word is YY is not doing well financially, and they are taking in orders for replicas of past season mainline items (would like some confirmation). I've tried asking their stores, but they never reply. It is being talked about on Japanese forums. Also there is a Supreme collab announced.?

This might be a good thing, I mean exposure can be good.

Anyways if anyone is good with Japanese and can find out if how to request a specific piece to be replicated.

EDIT: IG post was deleted
supremeyohji.png

takashi78

Reaction score
I saw a similar news on some random insta post that hashtagged YY.

I don't know how the ordering would work, and we won't know sizing as well.

Would imagine the cost to recreate an archive item to be very high.

Supreme? And i though that New Era collab was bad.....
I still bought one of the dog walking tshirt though. Since i missed the shirts from previous seasons.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads