• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

fistinyoface

Reaction score
@the shah. Big thanks. You were spot on! I actually ended up getting pairs of pants in size 2, 3, and 4. Unsurprisingly, you were right and the bigger two fit best by far via virtue of the length.

I'm really digging the pieces I have so far and am only missing outerwear. I'd love to get a jacket or two to wear this Summer. Preferably a rayon or light gabardine. Do you, or any other regulars, have any recommendations for particular items to look for or seasons, etc.? I've been going through Rakuten and y!, where I got the shirts and pants. There's a huge selection and it's bloody hard. Grailed is pretty lousy and there is so much stuff clearly flipped from the Japanese sites.

im eddie

Reaction score
I purchased a big 3 button coat in a light cotton fabric (finally found a light fabric). I live out here in california desert, so I been looking for a light coat I can wear in spring and winter.
This is from SS19 and I found it for $300 new, its something modest but it has what I'm looking for, considering the climate. It's not obviously Yohji at first, but it gives off oversized hand-me-down fit to it which I love about Yohji.
(HH-T92-981)
1583d00eeaf8c0c533c0e059e9ef3fd449755e71.75.2.9.2.jpeg

Anyways, I don't know how much you are willing to drop, but I found similar light construction coats from his B Yohji Yamamoto line. I was debating on getting this coat, but it sold out before I pulled the trigger. Hating my self for it.

Coat:https://www.fascinate.jp/english/side-gather-coat

yunBW

Reaction score
Is anyone selling Yohji ballon trouser? or any recommendation on where to look for them. Is it possible to find them for sale? thanks

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I came across a nice cream wool YYPH hooded cardigan in a second-hand shop today, which was exactly the kind of thing I had been looking for (and certainly wasn't expecting to find it from Yohji). And it seemed to be the right size (I'm normally 2 in Japanese stuff) and wasn't super expensive like everything else Yohji they had. But, when I tried it on, it was super narrow. I think from reading the opening post that size 2 is often their smallest men's size and isn't like other Japanese brands' Size 2. Oh well, I was briefly very excited and then disappointed. I almost bought my first Yohji but failed...

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You should try again, mate!

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same. Even though I haven't worn a lot of yohji recently it was great to see the consistent posters here

Here is a ss13 spring stand collar jacket. Still wear this and it's wonderful!
20200519_192409.jpg

Rozzy

Reaction score
Hello, I just got my pants in and the waist is much too wide. I usually wear size 28 and purchased a size 2 for these pants. Has anyone else found it difficult to find size 1 pants? I've tried searching around and there doesn't seems to be many pairs in that size of any model.

SorenX

Reaction score
Hi everyone! What is the utility of these chest flaps (they are pockets on the other side)?

Apologies for dirty mirror. This is handed down from a cousin. (Hope everyone is doing well, keeping safe).

Attachments

• 0BE80E4D-300E-4863-84F1-9FC01C2F28B0.jpeg
    0BE80E4D-300E-4863-84F1-9FC01C2F28B0.jpeg
    98.1 KB · Views: 126
  • D4F845A2-FBC8-4A6E-B390-9279457F2183.jpeg
    D4F845A2-FBC8-4A6E-B390-9279457F2183.jpeg
    106 KB · Views: 294

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads