Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ivwri, Dec 29, 2011.

1. davidlee388

davidlee388 Senior member

That SS07 suspender blazer is truly amazing. Many iterations with different fabrics, lapels and cuts. That blazer is Rex Woo's stuff. He trades on eBay under comma comma but he has a physical ' showroom ' in Hong Kong. That blazer may have been sold in the shop rather than eBayed. However sometimes he takes items off eBay if they are not sold and re-lists them after a while so watch out or ask him directly.

2. davidlee388

That SS08 set up is black, wire sold you the shirt so you just need the blazer now :)

Last edited: May 20, 2012

3. asobu

asobu Senior member

^^Ivwri, nice pickup. The cotton blends in this first segment of the show is apparently really nice. I'd like to get my hands on one of those pocket jackets sometime. I'm pretty sure that runway look is in black, the color just looks weird in the photo due to the lighting or something. So those should be the same ones as you picked up. I don't think these jackets were made in navy. Here's another shot of the same look (you have that shirt as well, just need the jacket now!, hehe):

[​IMG]

4. dantebykiko

dantebykiko Senior member

i was planning to buy these yohji trousers. glad you did! btw aitor it's doing same style pockets for the his new collection =))

5. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

Ah I see. Yeah, now that I have seen the second pic asobu posted, it must have being lighting for sure. I DO have to look for the jacket now don't I? Hehe. Well, will see if it comes up anywhere. Looking for that belt as well.

:wow: :drool: :slayer:

Is it confirmed then?

[​IMG]

6. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

cool pants, ivwri! that whole suit combo is great, too. love the rectangular pockets.

btw, I wish yohji made more stuff in navy (or gray). sometimes black is too severe for me... but I know it's his favorite.

:marchal:

7. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

Thanks!

AW12 looks like the answer to your wishes; loads of navy, gray and red in there :D.

8. dantebykiko

9. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

Thanks for the tip kiko, will think about it. Looks great.

Also davidlee thanks for the info on comma comma. Will shoot him a message once I get some spare dough so that if he does still have it or another iteration I can pick it up. Maybe I will get lucky and get the size 4 :devil:.

10. dantebykiko

considering buying one of those jackets:

[​IMG]or[​IMG][​IMG]

any suggestions?

edit: never mind, bought both... need to sell my y's jackets to cover the cost now..

11. davidlee388

Ivwri, you will find Rex Woo on Facebook. I have met him, a cool guy. Asobu told me that particular iteration of the Suspender Blazer fitted him in sz 3 so that may be fine for you? The suspender series is quite generously cut so only the sleeves for you to worry about in sz 3.

12. 1234

1234 Senior member

Can anyone recommend me a pair of sneakers that pair well with the Yohji/baggy aesthetic?

13. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

a lot of ppl choose chunky boots or minimal sneakers. cdgh+ made a vans sneaker this season. parker wear vans slip ons (?). win-win!!

14. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

Good question ^ I've noticed Yohji's own sneakers are usually upscale riffs on classics like Chuck Taylors with signature details or special treatments. Then there's the Y3 stuff which is more futuristic/technical. Yohji showed a bunch of Y-3 sneakers with the Pour Homme line a couple seasons ago. I'd love these indigo garment dyed low tops, but I think something similar like an all one color Chuck Taylor, Common Projects or even the lowly Superga can also work.

YYPH
    [​IMG]

YYPH
    [​IMG]

Coming Soon
    [​IMG]

YYPH
    [​IMG]

Y-3
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

YYPH
    [​IMG]

SS12
    [​IMG]

FW12
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 21, 2012

15. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

Parker and snow pretty much said everything I think. Either go with low profile sneaks or chunky hi-tops like the one in the AW10 collection that Parker posted (4th from bottom).

Boots work well of course and so do derbies.

Speaking of shoes, if you want to pick up the Yohji low-top sneaks from this season, I would advise sizing up one. I picked up the largest size they had on LN-CC which was equivalent to a Yohji 5 and they are pretty snug. If I could have sized up one more they would have been perfect. I think I am a true 44.5 and wear 44 in Ann D, KVA, and a 45 in last season MMM GATs.