1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ivwri, Dec 29, 2011.

1. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

hah, that image of Yohji is very easy to imagine

2. AnImp

AnImp Well-Known Member

3. dantebykiko

dantebykiko Senior member

the waist on yohji's trousers most of the time it's really big. you will probably never get pair of trousers that won't require belt. i'm around 30" waist and 5'8" and if i'm buying those pants (which are pretty slim cut) will go for size 3.

4. APK

APK Senior member

The other colorway of the knit I bought a few months ago is down to $215 on Yoox. There's also a 20 percent off code floating around at the moment, so someone really should grab it. I paid about $100 more and don't regret it at all.

5. Blackmaged

Blackmaged Senior member

wow, never even heard of this shop before but their stuff's really nice. liking their yohji boots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i wonder if these colors are accurate... black looks like it's got a little brown while the blue looks really bright

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  6. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

Back in Nigeria and got a sweet haul of Yohji stuff waiting for me at home. Will post pics later, but wanted to show these SS09 pants (thanks a lot Parker). Really like them. Quite airy without being too baggy and the fabric is pretty nice. They are a size 3 and fit pretty nice. A tad bit cropped, but I think that highlights the cuffs for me. The size 4 I would wager would just be a tad longer. Wearing with SS12 ramie military cap, AW11 jacket, SS12 cotton shirt and SS12 shoes.

Also, wanted to say that that Yoda comparison is great. Means that my Yoda x Yohji t-shirt idea might yet be a reality :devil: :tounge:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
    3 people like this.
  7. the shah

the shah Senior member

8. MyMindSpray

MyMindSpray Active Member

for those of you that reside or have visited Hong Kong, where would one find a good stockist that carries Yohji for men?? i'll be visiting in a few days and would like to pick up a few pieces while i'm out there.

did some searches, but couldn't find anything sure bets.

thanks in advance

9. davidlee388

davidlee388 Senior member

Joyce Boutique ( look on Joyce.com for details ) The Central and Gateway branch are the only shops that carries YYPH & YYF, however the sale in YYPH had gone pretty well and a lot of things sold out.already. Then check out I.T. for Y's ( women ) the best main branch it I.T in Causeway Bay.

Finally must go to Joyce Warehouse for past seasons' goodies ( I shouldn't be telling you this :) what size are you )

P.S. Nearly forgot Rex Woo on FB ( comma comma on Ebay ) have quite a few yesteryears' YYPH/YYF/Y's

Hope this helps.

10. MyMindSpray

MyMindSpray Active Member

that's great David....appreciate the details...thanks!

I'm a size 4....i had a feeling it'd be sale time now, i'm hoping there are still some pieces left....

11. davidlee388

davidlee388 Senior member

MyMindSpray, that's ok, that's what this forum is all about, info sharing. Plus I'm a sz 2, occasionally 3 so there's no conflicts of interests there lol. Sale will be on in Joyce when you go, 50% off for YYPH current season, better than YY Global stores ( 40% off ). Their retail is very similar to Japan's , unlike the obscene mark-up in Europe.

Joyce Warehouse in Horizon Plaza in Ap Lei Chau ( HK Island ) carries past seasons' Y's and YYPH, at at least 60% off retail :) I went in March & there were some good SS11 and older Y's, all brand new. When you go you should find AW11 as well now.

Rex Woo's showroom needs an appointment to attend. He has some very good pre-owned stuff there, that SS03 coat discussed earlier on included. But he mainly sells CDG.

12. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

Thanks. Well, I am glad you did since I would have missed out on them otherwise :devil:, but seriously though, they are very nice. The material is very light and breezy and would work very well with what I have seen of your wardrobe I think. Y's jacket looks pretty cool. Beginning to really like Ramie the more pieces I pick up that are either 100% ramie or blends, such a great hand.

By the way, picked up an Spring '08 suit from Yahoo JP as part of the stuff I just got in and it was smelling of smoke! Guess next time I will believe you 100% of smoky Yahoo goods. Sigh. Sent it to the dry cleaners post haste!

13. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

What do you guys do for raincoats? Looking for some suggestions on something I could pick up. The rainy season has finally started in earnest here and while umbrellas are cool, I also tend to forget them all over the place :embar:. So, yeah, looking for something that would blend well with Yohji stuff most of the techninja stuff looks too futuristic and/or sleek to me.

Apparently a former Yohji staff member designed a raincoat for Stutterheim, but it is for light rainfall and I need something sturdier. The white Stutterheim one looks very tempting though.

14. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

those stutterheims are really cool looking. i was thinking of picking up the white one too. looks heavy for summer though.
    i dont think anyone in the tech thread had any experience with them, unfortunately

15. asobu

asobu Senior member

Yeah it's pretty difficult/impossible to tell from the photo, if you look in the actual book it's a bit easier to pick out some of the details. I didn't have a scanner available so my PoS P&S had to do when I took that pic, hehe.

Damn, those look great on you. I wasn't convinced by them on the runway but they do look very nice here. You definitely sized them right, with that cuff detail they look better cropped/slight break than "stacked" for sure. Cut looks spot on too. What's the fabric? I'm pretty sure they came in several variations, at least 100% wool and some wool/ramie/etc blend I think.

16. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

I saw one of the models on the runway wearing them slightly cropped and they looked better to me than stacked so it gave me the confidence to try out the size 3. The material is a wool and nylon blend (78% wool 22% nylon).

17. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

Yeah, that's what has been holding me back on pulling the trigger. Well, will keep looking.

18. Nil

Nil Senior member

A-ha! That looks like the matching jacket to those pants with the silk organza stripe I have.

19. asobu

asobu Senior member

^Yes, they are indeed! The fabric is different (your pants are cotton I believe?) but I'm pretty sure they're the ones paired with this jacket on the runway. Love the silk organza detail :slayer:

1 person likes this.
  20. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

Have only ever seen the jacket, but yeah I really like that silk organza stuff as well. Shame it is difficult to capture in photos. Would require a proper close-up from the right angle I guess.

I was chatting with Parker over PM and he brought up a point about Yohji's clothing being a great conversation starter. Do you guys find that as well? I tend to find myself discussing pieces of his clothing with people at least once or twice a week as various people notice details and such that make them ask questions (beyond the usual "nice jacket", "you seem to really like black", "is that a skirt?" sort of comments, hehe). It's also helping me find all the closet fashion and style fiends in my social circle. Would have never discovered that one of the people who gave my company our first break used to collect sneakers (she had over 100 pairs!) and later Chanel handbags and vintage Nigerian clothing if we didn't get talking over the pair of SS08 ronin suspender pants I was wearing at the time.

I guess this could go for other designers discussed on the forum, but I have definitely gotten more discussions out of Yohji stuff than any other designer stuff I have owned. Guess the other stuff blends in better.