Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ivwri, Dec 29, 2011.

1. davidlee388

davidlee388 Senior member

Nearly the whole AW07 runway was shown with relatively slim fitting ( by YY standard ) cropped pants or pants rolled up, including the anime Look ones.

2. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

3. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

:paranoia:

Last edited: Apr 6, 2012

4. hoozah

hoozah Senior member

5. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

Due to all the initial talk about Y's and for a change of pace, I thought I would put up some info of Yohji's former employees and/or proteges. First up is Michiko Suzuki. She used to be the lead designer of Y's red label, which was for women. Her new line is called Nocturne #22 In C Sharp Minor, Op. Posth.

First, some photos from the Spring 2012 lookbook -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then a very short bio from her website -

Nocturne #22 is also one of the first labels to be stocked in Yuji Yamamoto's (Yohji's son) store, Re:Birth in Japan.

More info and pictures here.

Yohji's influence can definitely be seen in her clothing with voluminous dresses and assymetry being the immediately noticeable things. Good stuff though I think and I like the name :eek:.

6. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

X-post from WAYWT thread. Thought I would post here as well as I put up a video showing the wool gab hakamas in motion.

Happy Easter (if you celebrate it and if you don't compliments of the season anyway :D) to all you guys as well.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2012

7. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

8. Roygbivuxg

Roygbivuxg Senior member

^^those sandals are perfect in that context

Last edited: Apr 8, 2012

9. stadsvandringar

stadsvandringar Active Member

The blazer above looks legit to me. As far as I know there is not any bootleg y's or yohji pour homme out there. Someone has probably bootlegged y-3 given its popularity and the materials they use, but that is a different beast altogether. That blazer looks to be from an older collection (from the costume d'homme line), with a boxy shape. I'm personally not fond of the double breasted cut there, but I suppose the price is right.

10. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

The hakamas look awesome, ivwri. Great pairing with the tunic and the gladiators. I would love to pull that look off.

Happy Easter. Hope you and your family are safe. Just read about the church bombing in the LA Times. Uggghhhh.

11. asobu

asobu Senior member

If you try, you will, Parker. Very excited to see your future fits.

Synthese, that is indeed very legit. 90's costume d'homme. The cut and particular style of jacket is very reminiscent of YYPH 1990 through '92, where one third of the shows were fits with this kind of jacket.

Ivwri, love it like I said in the other thread. Sandals are a good match, but too easy and priest like? Would love to see them paired with footwear heavier and more grounded too. There are lots of variations to make these right, this is certainly one of them.

12. davidlee388

davidlee388 Senior member

Ivwri, that's a good fit. At the end of the day, fashion ( no matter how expensive or cheap ) is about comfort first, anything else is just secondary IMO. The only person you need to impress is yourself. :nodding:

13. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

Thanks and thanks! My family is okay. My dad is actually up north at the moment so he is close to the state that the bombing happened in. Pretty scary, but even more annoying is our inept government. So many people dying and they keep on burying their heads in the sand only popping up for air and to spew more meaningless drivel.

Thanks guys. Yeah the sandals definitely gave off a priestly vibe, but I was in the mood for that so was win-win :). Will definitely be trying these particular hakamas out with more substantial footwear for sure though.

14. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Senior member

Iwvri, I thought I had the same prorsum sandals as you, but mine don´t have those "high" straps. And those are also not the ones with the zipper down the middle, right? I thought burberry, in that SS 11 collection had only 2 different pairs, the ones I have

[​IMG]

and the aforementioned with the zipper

[​IMG]

But yours are neither, right?

15. PregnantBob

PregnantBob Senior member

Wore Yohji to my grandfather's funeral in Shanghai. The old man use to love the flow, alway sencouraged me to be me.