1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ivwri, Dec 29, 2011.

1. dantebykiko

dantebykiko Senior member

i like the buttons a lot... if it was black would be gone [​IMG]

i bought from japan almost the same suit for 2,900 yens... i know.... but still waiting to sort out the shipping as they don't usually ship internationally.

2. valter

valter Senior member

Now that's a good offer!

I actually found some time ago a great pair of boots from the very beginning of the 20th century in great condition. They work with YY wardrobe sublimely.

Last edited: May 22, 2012
  3. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

You know,

...I think that just because the RWs and chucks etc do work very well with Yohji's stuff doesn't mean that others couldn't be better. In the case of runway shows, I actually think that they were the most convenient styles that were accessible and could work - remember these shows were in a time when you might only have been able to get those shitty thin sole extended toe almost clown-shoe looking things, or square toe abominations in reasonable and reliable quantities. Also, there are probably more silhouettes that would work than those shown - although I do think the footwear choices were very appropriate.

I guess what I'm saying is that you can still roam the auction houses and stalk the online boutiques for something that is perfect!

Last edited: May 22, 2012
  4. Arche

Arche Senior member

I've just put a Yohji Yamamoto Pour Homme men's shirt up on Ebay, if anyone is interested. It's size 4. Oh and those white circles are light spots or something, not stains. I'm going to replace the photos with better ones today.

[​IMG]

5. xumatrix

xumatrix Well-Known Member

Here comes the summer[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Auburn

Auburn Senior member

The crotch area looks a little weird. Kind of a mangina sort of thing...

1 person likes this.
  7. xumatrix

aha,not notice. disadvantage of tight pants[​IMG]

8. dantebykiko

9. Auburn

Auburn Senior member

^^^ If I remember correctly, there was someone (maybe him?) posting earlier that they got some Yohji suspenders.

10. xumatrix

yeah i posts that yyph braces from ss 03
    trousers is undercover

review that look and find it tends to be more undercover [​IMG]

11. dantebykiko

i like the braces, was thinking to buy pair for myself but decided not to. in my opinion those braces with that pattern need to be worn by someone with tough expression, not so childish. older person maybe with beard or tattoos or long hair (not all together ofc) something that will make the braces more ironic. also i don't think they actually holding your jeans/trousers.

regards the outfit, i would say it's more jil sander than undercover. maybe if you put looser pants that are actually hold by the braces and throw hat, will look better imo.

12. xumatrix

nice advice,bro. cheers :)

Too young to suit well with yohji's stuff, but always worth to try

Last edited: May 24, 2012
  13. JuyLe

JuyLe Senior member

I think you should replace or remove that horrible watch and those braces, although they're pretty nice, if you don't look closely enough they could also be Mickey Mouse or something.

14. 1234

1234 Senior member

15. valter

valter Senior member

16. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

@ xumatrix I agree with what everyone said about the suspenders/braces. Would work a lot better if they were functional rather than just aesthetic. And while I agree with what kiko is saying about needing a bit more grizzle or age to pull off the pattern on the suspenders, it could be possible for you to do if you just went all out with your outfit. Huge suspender pants and a nice rumpled Yohji jacket so that the pattern peeks out at people rather than being full on in their face like that. Heh.

1234, the stripe pants tend to look harder to pull off than they actually are in person. Just throw on a nice shirt and a jacket in darker colours (navy or just black) and you should be good to go. Nice and easy summer pants.

17. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

Don't think this has been posted yet..?

Yohji Yamamoto Fall 2004

[​IMG]

I can't wait for a video of this show to turn up online somewhere. Being able to watch the coats been put on or taken off revealing the awesome dresses below or seeing all that glorious pattern matching going on in the first part of the show in motion would be great. Also love how he brought in floral print for Fall and managed to make it all seem appropriate by his use of fabric and the vibrant but restrained colour palette.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Photos via Vogue UK

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

more on SZ thread

18. wogbog

wogbog Senior member

That last picture of the orange dress is gorgeous. (Or the dress is, or both. Yeah.)

19. dantebykiko