• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Symphony

Reaction score
Question for somebody getting into a Yohji: what would be a better first buy in regards to Pants to fit the silhouette? Hakama pants or just some baggy drawstrings?

Edit: on another note, would anyone happen to know what season the hakama pants that are 71% wool 29% cotton are from?

Last edited:

Veillar

Reaction score
Question for somebody getting into a Yohji: what would be a better first buy in regards to Pants to fit the silhouette? Hakama pants or just some baggy drawstrings?

Edit: on another note, would anyone happen to know what season the hakama pants that are 71% wool 29% cotton are from?
Basic drawstring pants would be an ideal start to build your wardrobe around. I have a couple of pairs of hakamas and to be honest they do get as many wears as drawstring pants.

Symphony

Reaction score
Basic drawstring pants would be an ideal start to build your wardrobe around. I have a couple of pairs of hakamas and to be honest they do get as many wears as drawstring pants.
thats What I was thinking too. I found some pleatless hakamas for a good price, but I really want to know which to start with lol.

I’m eventually getting both but still

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You look great!

squintzz

Reaction score
Always killing it Veillar. Must be tiring supporting this entire thread on your own lol.

Btw, anyone know what happened to the 'B' line? Did they decide to discontinue this line for good?

Veillar

Reaction score
Don't think I handled many things from 09ss so far but this suit definitely is a thing of beauty, great pick up Oulipien!

@squintzz haha this thread has become my escape from hectic life, so many good fit pics, discussions... making a bit of contribution is the least I can do.

Also regarding your question of B line, well prolly Yohji san is trying to avoid overextension, which we all know took a high toll on his brand the last time. I haven't paid any visit to the aoyama store lately, maybe the next time I am there I'll try to inquire the staff about the matter.

Veillar

Reaction score
I really feel that Yohji has too many diffusion lines.

Nowadays i see similar designs, in terms of graphics at least which get trickled down to the New Era collab.
Indeed, if I remember correctly, the syte line had a few sweatshirt using prints of Rokumeikan, and that was even before the Rokumeikan coats were replicated.

Replication became a major theme for yohji in recent years, even some looks the 22aw collection feels like a hodgepodge of yohji's previous works. Well I guess we can enjoy the beauty of past collections in this case...

BTW, they are also replicating the 08ss slogan suits for next season.

takashi78

Reaction score
I think actual replication is fine of some designs 10-20yrs ago, gives our generation of someone who discovered Yohji later a chance to acquire the piece.

What i am sad to see is releases below, i remembering seeing this print on Y3 couple seasons back and now the same print is on the New-Era collab with 50% pricier?
Both not being made in Japan.

1654148597142.png

Featured Sponsor

What's the biggest deciding factor for you when making a clothing purchase?

• Style of an item

• Price of an item

• Material of an item

• Brand

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dfreezerrepair