• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Reaction score
Bought a SS14 yohji pour homme suit from grilled for $500. Seems like it's in great condition, has some cool details but still pretty classic. Fabric codes are 100 so hopefully it's that good drapy feel, fingers crossed! I'll post fit pics when I get it.

Any post-sneaker Yohji friendly recommendations? Pricey options I'm digging are Yukaten and Paraboot, but I should probably start with something in the Clarks/Timberland/Birk price range

EHTersono

Reaction score
For those who are interested in cinema and fashion, I just noticed that some of the clothing in Peter Greenaway's film "8 1/2 women" was from Yohji, who is listed first in the thanks under Wardrobe during the credits, although there is a typo and they spell it "Yoji". I suspect, but don't know, that it's mostly clothing worn by Matthew Delamere as Storey, and perhaps others, particularly when they're in Japan. I'd watched the film several times before but this time checked to confirm and it's there in the credits.

slvth

Reaction score
Yohji Jazz.jpg

Yohji fit from hitting some jazz clubs a couple nights ago.

SS '00 seatbelt collar jacket • EK shirt • 90's wool gab trousers (pre-numerical sizing and product codes) • Kleman loafers

Sorry for the poor quality - just took picture to show a friend but figured I'd contribute to the thread after having gotten so much out of it :p

somedudeorother

Reaction score
Anyone know where could I get a silky (rayon, tencel...) shirt like this
1633299841342.png

1633299978450.png

Just trying to save some money cause Yohji is expensive even when buying second hand from japan. So any recommendations for flowy grandad collared shirts with extra big "collars" from any remotely affordable european brand but still good quality? (I was thinking of some italian shirt makers but they are all so classic and rigid fit...)

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.