• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

PregnantBob

Reaction score
The stuff was alright, I wsa more interested in the pants, but I already have way too many yohji pants and the ones available were reiterations of stuff I already have.

did anyone get anything?

EDIT:

That's annoying, it seems like they put a bunch of Y's pants on later... by then i had gone back to bed.

http://www.gilt.com/sale/men/yohji-...71894-yohji-yamamoto-drawstring-closure-pants

would have snapped those up in an instant.

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah those drawstring looked very nice

I am sure everyone was keep a tab on it.

PregnantBob

Reaction score
Ivwri...

I showed my girlfriend the hakama pants... she had earlier vetoed me wanting to get a pair of skorts... she said you looked great but vetoed me getting them cause she didn't wanna be dating a homeless samurai lookalike...

Y U NO SUPPORT ME!!!!!!

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ivwri...
I showed my girlfriend the hakama pants... she had earlier vetoed me wanting to get a pair of skorts... she said you looked great but vetoed me getting them cause she didn't wanna be dating a homeless samurai lookalike...
Y U NO SUPPORT ME!!!!!!

Haha! Well, you can always just pick them up and wear them to surprise her, hoping to convert her to them like that. Expound upon the whole strong yet supple masculinity they evoke and how it reflects on her having such a man beside her :nodding:

The chances of her not being impressed are probably pretty high since it seems she has made up her mind, but you can always try!

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
goddamnit shah look what you did, those knit cargo pants looked so ludicrously comfortable I had to buy them. ****. I should not be on the computer this early.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'd actually give one of those belted Y's blazers on Gilt a shot if they had anything bigger than a 2.

xCrunchx

Reaction score
the closure button is tiny, look comfy though and drapey

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The red label Y's is great, you don't see stuff from that line around very often but it was discontinued a long time ago I think. Like 10 years? I'm actually not sure, but he did have some of the red line on the ss00 runway. I think the general concept around the line is that the clothes are based on - or inspired from - Yohji's own wardrobe, in fabrics that are all really good from what I've seen. A lot of what I've seen is cut pretty short, though these don't seem to be. Good stuff.

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Size 2, flat measurment: chest 44", shoulder 19", sleeves 26" and body length 33.5"

So how big/small should I really be to wear this (in terms of body measuerment)?

Last edited:

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

goddamnit shah look what you did, those knit cargo pants looked so ludicrously comfortable I had to buy them. ****. I should not be on the computer this early.

A single leaf was offered

the intoxicating allure​

irresistible, enrapturing any mortal​

Last edited:

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It's a little-known fact that shah has been Grand Vizier and Shamanabler of Synthesistan since 2010, going back to the procurement of a certain pair of rose-colored booties.

951socal

Reaction score
how do you guys avoid looking homeless wearing yohji pants?

the tops are okay to where they don't stand out too much, but i have a pair of issey miyake cotton pants that are cut something like yohjis sillouette and i always come across as poor/homeless.

i wear a short sleeve linen shirt in white with the black loose fitting pants (double pleated since miyake pleats damn near everything)

i was with a freind of mine who was wearing dockers from target and he looked better, most people agreed

Last edited:

Frislid

Reaction score
Shoes. Shoes add so much to outfits. Wear a pair of nice boots/shoes and you'll charm everyone. Confidence and attitude. If you seem comfortable in your own skin, people will like what they see, if not, well, yeah...

Yohji has a very unique approach to clothing, and you can't just put it on like you would with any other cloths and expect to look great. Drop-crotch pants are a lifestyle!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads