1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ivwri, Dec 29, 2011.

1. valter

valter Senior member

All I know is that they have been personal friends for quite a while now.
    And he also did some print t-shirts for YYPH SS2011 (with texts like "YOHJI FREAK" or something like that).

Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
  2. asobu

asobu Senior member

2 styles but both seems to be a very similar cut? Not sure, but they're both tapered and more "pant" like. Actually, not a lot (any?) of these online stockists seems to have bought any of the wider cuts or skirt-like type A/C's. Thanks for the heads up btw, cool to see the oversized floppy collar shirt. Not sure if these stock pics will help them move any of it though, lol. Would probably be better for business shown on a proper model with the "collar" buttoned.

3. davidlee388

davidlee388 Senior member

Hervia Bazaar, my " local retailer ", had a brainstorm, it re-invented sizing for YYPH this season. Everything's in S, M, L. ....anyone noticed it? WTF?

1 person likes this.
  4. asobu

asobu Senior member

yeah, I guess they're trying to reach customers who don't have a good grasp on Yohji sizing. LN-CC did the same thing this season, but with 46-48-50-52 which to me is even more confusing. :foo:

5. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

Here are a couple detail photos from those cotton coming soon pants I wore yesterday if anyone is interested. The design is pretty cool, neat pockets and blocking. I'm sure they're nowhere near the main line stuff in terms of construction and fabrics. I think I got them for like 50 bucks on yoox. The overall shape is sort of carrot-like, but still somehow flattering. These are size 46 and I still have to cinch the waist. Good kick-around pants.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
  6. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

threw one up in WAYWT - you can't see the details as well as in shah's photos, but man, they just fall so well. My photo might not be totally indicative of the cut since I tucked them into my boots (wet!), but I'm sure I'll take another some other time. They have a really, really great shape. I don't want to say I'm hooked just yet, but...I wore a pair of tight MMM trousers to work today, and my thighs are just sick of it.

1 person likes this.
  7. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

This actually looks pretty nice, especially for the price! Like the curve on the front pockets (I assume it is mirrored on the other side).

8. APK

APK Senior member

Thought this looked familiar. Then I remembered:

[​IMG]

9. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

Yeah, damn shame though. I saw some Rick dresses on a few of the online retailers so pretty surprised that I haven't seen at least one store with a wider hakama. Guess Yohji stock doesn't move really fast on most sites so they decided not to gamble :/.

Lol on those shirts too. Good thing I have an idea of what they look like on the runway already. Drew checked out the one with the hood for me and it was sold out in Japan so looks like I will have to pick it up from Hervia or in a physical store somewhere. The cotton/cupro blend sounds mighty interesting. I guess their sizing is now XS = 1, S = 2, M = 3 and L = 4? And yeah LN-CC was more confusing for me. But now that I know their 52 = 4 it's all good.

10. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

Hehe yeah indeed. I would kill to get one of those anime sweaters.

11. stadsvandringar

stadsvandringar Active Member

The aw07 "anime" sweaters do pop up from time to time. This one just recently ended on yahoo japan: http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b131508610 (I was not the winner, although it looks like Hide-san was involved). I've managed to snag two myself... Now the anime coats I have never seen outside of the original collection at barney's. I would love to get a hold of one of those.

12. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

That sweater is pretty cool. Excellent colours.

I avoid Yahoo Japan like the plague now cos there generally tends to be too much temptation on there :D

13. wireartists

wireartists Well-Known Member

that pink one was mine, too bad my skin tone + that shade of pink + hairy chest was a crazy combination

14. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

This I would have liked to see! :lol:

On a completely unrelated note, Just One Eye have their Yohji buy up - I checked earlier and forgot to post on here - and they have two wide hakama pants! The red striped ones and a brown pair in a twill fabric. They also have the blue shirring shirts (biggest is a size 3). Crazy prices rule applies as well - http://justoneeye.com/yohji-yamamoto

15. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

Was thinking about going for these, but I changed my mind in the end. So someone in size 4 from here should grab 'em (or if you're already in the bidding war, PM me and I will redact this post).

AW04 double layered jeans with drawstring waist and drawstring hem on the inner layer in size 4. They look amazing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Link

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  16. Lane

Lane Senior member

what exactly is the appeal of those sweaters?

17. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

For me I like the fact that they are kitschy and fun and the fact that a few of them have Kamen rider and Leiji Matsumoto inspired artwork touches my anime & manga loving side :)

18. davidlee388

davidlee388 Senior member

I grew up watching Kamen Rider ( aka Masked Rider, giving away my age here lol ) so it had special childhood memories for me. So to wear a knit by my favourite designer with my favourite childhood TV character on it will be a dream deal. I'm still on a hunt for that AW07 knit on Look 24 :((

19. stadsvandringar

stadsvandringar Active Member

Also, with the anime sweaters, many of them have a lot of crazy nordic-inspired patternwork. I found them so ridiculous and over the top that they moved beyond the realm of bad taste into good taste. At least that's my take on them. You can't see this from the photos so much since the knits are all under coats and jackets, but it was one of the themes throughout that collection. The anime part itself was really secondary in this case for me, but the knitting is really fantastic. Each of the designs is actually knit into the sweater, rather than printed or sewn on top of the knit. It's that sort of high quality and lack of corner-cutting that I really love about yohji.

20. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Senior member

Same here. The artwork on the sweaters looks amazing and the connection with anime makes them even cooler IMO.