• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

PregnantBob

Reaction score
More likely than not sizes will be mostly in the 3-4 range, 2s are rare and 1s even rarer since they're not always made.

I look forward (to possibly being disappointed) tomorrow

PregnantBob

Reaction score

Found these images on Bon.se online magazine.
More dance meets Yohji Yamamoto. This time with Pour Homme Spring 2012 being showcased. Mainly the hakama pants :D

When my stuff arrives from forward forward i'm gonna set up a shoot like this. Prepare to see a slightly chubby man jiggle.

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ please do :slayer:

thanks for posting those pics Ivwri, a great way to capture the hakamas in motion. I urge anyone who has the opportunity - regardless of if you wear Yohji on the regular or not - to try at least one iteration of the hakamas. I didn't know what to expect but they felt incredibly natural and comfortable to me. Absolutely beautiful, I didn't want to take them off.

I expect Gilt sold out all their ss09/aw09/ss10 stock last time around during the clearing sale? I suppose it's possible they will serve up some ss11 with a dash of aw10? If so, **** me for being dead broke. You basically can't go wrong with those collections, unless it's all top hats, buckle shoes and ruffle shirts.

Last edited:

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

When my stuff arrives from forward forward i'm gonna set up a shoot like this. Prepare to see a slightly chubby man jiggle.

Quoted so you can't go back on your word :slayer:

Actually, if there is any SS11 in the Gilt sale, I am going to have to second asobu's request. I am looking for a few things from that collection :nodding:

Glad you guys liked the photos.

A+ thread.
Ivwri, I want your buttonless shawl collar coat. Its stunning.

Thanks and yeah I really dig the coat - nice one wire! - even though I don't have much of an opportunity to wear it (traveling with it next month though). I hear that Karlo Steel of Atelier NY has one, we could arrange a mugging...

Last edited:

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First day out with the wide hakama pants. Not completely happy with the shoes, but they seem to be the best option right now

And in the spirit of the bon.se dance photos:

PregnantBob

Reaction score
I'm staying up way past my bed time hahaha. But I do wanna check out what's available. Real interested.

And I'll def do the shoot haha

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Everything looks very good :satisfied:

No money lol

Good selection of jackets trousers and tees, particularly the tank tops that I am fond of :eek: ugh
Little to no accessories
$100-800 price range

Jackets:

Bottoms and tops:

Click and view the photos for larger pics! :teach:

Last edited:

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thought they sold all their ss09 stuff but apparently not, very little YYPH and mainly just ss09 leftovers though the pants are always good. Nothing I want except for the jacket to my grail suit from ss09/look 1, too expensive for me though. Other than that, one ss08 jacket and a pair of ss07 pants? I wonder why nothing from collections following ss10 has made it to Gilt...

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I love the hakamas, ivwri. They look great on you. Do they have a way to adjust the waist without having to wear a belt? The belt looks a little "hard" amidst all the "soft".

worakl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://www.gilt.com/sale/men/yohji-yamamoto-a-559/product/80272095-yohji-yamamoto-linen-pants

http://www.gilt.com/sale/men/yohji-...272101-yohji-yamamoto-linen-lightweight-pants

Suddenly felt a need for some roomy summer-pants...
redface.gif
Narrowed it down to either of these two, and I guess it becomes a sizing question in the end. I'm 6' tall, 33" at the hips and 30" waist. What do the experts say?

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On phone, but will do proper reply later once I get home.

worakl you sound like you could pull off either a 3 or a 4 to me so it comes down to how baggy and long you want them. I'd go with a 4 (this is all generalizing as I haven't checked the links you put up yet). For reference I am like 1 or two inches taller than you.

Parker they do have buttons on the side that can be used to adjust the width. If you look carefully in the pic of me spinning round I had no belt on. Decided at the last minute to put it on particularly to add that edge to it. Was already going to get lots of double takes so decided to give people something to hold on to. Lol.

Last edited:

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Iwvri, them pants look amazing. You have some good pairs of leather sandals. I think all your yohji stuff would look great with your prorsum ones or the KVAs you have. The hakamas specially, looking very japanese would benefit a lot from some sandals. You´d look like Jin from samurai champloo!!!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

One question about the outfit: where´s the tee from? That red contrasting with the black makes me think you took off your cardigan and slayed a ****** in half with your katana...

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Iwvri, them pants look amazing. You have some good pairs of leather sandals. I think all your yohji stuff would look great with your prorsum ones or the KVAs you have. The hakamas specially, looking very japanese would benefit a lot from some sandals. You´d look  like Jin from samurai champloo!!!
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

One question about the outfit: where´s the tee from? That red contrasting with the black makes me think you took off your cardigan and slayed a ****** in half with your katana...

I actually ended up wearing it out with my KVA sandals as I went out with my wife and she was a little more casual than I was.

The tee is a Yohji Yamamoto Pour Homme one I picked up off asobu. Very great shade of red (also masks oni blood very well :slayer:)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads