1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ivwri, Dec 29, 2011.

1. SombreroFallout

SombreroFallout Member

I think it's a pretty good collection. Tons of references to prior collections of the past few years. Has pieces for all sorts of Yohji fans.

2. wansui

wansui Member

Just read from start to finish and this is a gold mine! Hope the thread keeps going! [​IMG]

3. David Park

David Park Member

Hey I know this is a long shot but I'm looking for pictures of a piece I came across on Grailed a couple of months ago. It was a charcoal/black cotton jacket (similar cut to a kimono jacket but not as long) with white sashiko stitching all over. I believe it was a Y's for Men piece from late 80's but most likely from the 90's. If anyone has any leads please let me know, need those photos for references. Thanks

4. SombreroFallout

SombreroFallout Member

https://www.gr@iled.com/listings/104187-Yohji-Yamamoto-Y-s-for-Men--Sashiko--Blazer

Is this the one you're referring to?

5. mts0710

mts0710 Member

does anyone have a pair of wool gab hakama pants they are looking to sell? v motivated buyer here!

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  6. David Park

David Park Member

Hey, this isn't the one. The coat was not a blazer jacket but rather like a oversize kimono jacket that stopped slightly below the waist. The sashiko on the coat also was much thicker and wider which are stitched in a horizontal direction rather than looking like a weave or pattern in the blazer. Also I was asking because the post was listed on grail before but the owner shortly removed the posting so there are no archive photos of it on the site. I was wondering if anybody recalls seeings something similar from an older Yohji archive or runway piece,

7. ulyysses

ulyysses Member

Thanks for the information.

Do you have any recommendations in Osaka? Here for the next few days.

8. mcchai

mcchai New Member

Took me almost 3 weeks to read the entire thread from the very first post! Wow! Hats off to Davidlee388, Ivwri, wireartist, dantebykiko, and so on for the zealous passion and the wealth of knowledge! Made my first dip into the YY pool with the the SS16 grey linen bucket hat from the Cambon store
    [​IMG][​IMG]

5 people like this.
  9. wansui

wansui Member

Re: shoulder fit for Yohji/Y's blazers, is it recommended to go by measurements (i.e. the "correct" blazer shoulder fit) or should I just go according to sizing and trust in the dimensions? Been sifting through Y!JP and personally that's the only measurement that's kinda throwing me off.

10. Mojo1990

Mojo1990 Senior member

The shoulder for Yohji in menswear is always 1 inch or so more than standard. So a typical medium would have 19-20 inch shoulder width. Sizing down might cause an issue with sleeve length. Chest is roomy too.

11. wansui

wansui Member

I see. Thanks for the info!

12. Mojo1990

Mojo1990 Senior member

His guys!

May I please request a stockist list of online stores (For menswear). Including Japanese stores :)

Thank you

13. ulyysses

ulyysses Member

Didn't get to make to Lumiere Vive but from my brief scouring in Osaka there was very slim pickings. May have missed places of course. Ragtags are mainly a bust as far as I can tell.

Tokyo on the other hand was great. Definitely recommend 10tow. Rinkan, nearby, also had a large amount of Yohji and copious CDG pieces - though this may have been because there was a 15% sale on Japanese brands and they had all the stock out? Unsure but I picked up some good stuff. The flagship in Omatesando is an experience in of itself.

1 person likes this.
  14. Buddy Rich

Buddy Rich New Member

The other day I watched the docummentary Wim Wenders made about Yohji (which is interesting but could've been much more so if Wim Wenders would've knocked it off a bit about himself) and now I'm really getting into his fashion (or his idea about it). Bad thing is I'm broke so can't pay those prices, but found these alternatives for trousers on COS. What do you guys reckon? I know with Yohji Yamamoto it's all about trying the clothes to get a feel of it and see how they drape around your body though...
    [​IMG][​IMG]

How expensive it is to look this cheap [​IMG]

I'm sure there's a lot of interesting stuff throughout the thread but ain't nobody got time for 445 pages

15. surver

surver Well-Known Member

anyone have any of yohji's china/chinese shirt/jackets in size 2 from whatever seasons you would like to let go please give me a holler, thanks!

16. the shah

the shah Senior member

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
  17. pekkanto

pekkanto New Member

Finally got my first yohji piece, which I'm wearing in my profile picture.

Just asking for help in identifying which collection these are from. It's Y's Black Label, and the identifying code is YM - P19 - 315 which I'm having trouble making sense of. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

18. davidlee388

davidlee388 Senior member

They are 100% Y's women's pants, very likely ss08 if the size of the pants is numerical.