1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ivwri, Dec 29, 2011.

1. xeraphim

xeraphim Senior member

i got them, would've passed if i knew you were bidding! wanted the aw14 pair more but the price was just too much.

2. rudo

rudo Member

LOL got the aw14 one. I went to sleep after puting in a max bid. Did not expect to be this high...

3. kingsolomon

kingsolomon Member

@sepp

If your just in Tokyo then you should definitely it some of the second hand stores that stock Yohji.
    DC Bank, Bring, Ragtag, Rinkan and Modscape all have locations in Shinjuku if I remember correctly. I'm not sure if the Ragtag and Modscape Shinjuku stores sell Yohji but worth a try.

Also with the Yohji Aoyama don't have high expectations. It's just another retail space; there's definitely more interesting stuff out there (infact go to 1ldk or pool aoyama if you can: not yohji though). But it's definitely fun to shop at the flag ship and the staff there are great.

Enjoy Japan though! It's a lovely place loads to do and see. If you like the bar scene go to Ebisu and Shibuya. I'm heading up there again in June, I'm already saving for a massive Yohji binge.

2 people like this.
  4. myname

myname Active Member

Have to respectfully disagree... [​IMG]

For me, there's a clam and grace to shopping at Yohji Aoyama that I don't find anywhere else in Tokyo (and it's a cut above the London or Paris locations - and even the old Antwerp and NY shops). The layout / interior / furniture / music all seem to fit the clothes perfectly. For this Yohji fan at least, I can't see there being anywhere better to shop.

5. davidlee388

davidlee388 Senior member

Tend to agree with @myname as well. The Aoyama flagship offers the kind of calm atmosphere that other YY retailers inside big, noisy department stores simply cannot provide. It sells all YYPH, YYF, YY Noir, YY Discord pieces released at any given time within one big beautiful space whereas you often have to go to a different floor ( or even a different building ) in say Seibu and Isetan to see men's/women's stuff. It also sells YY Homme Jeans, YY lugguage, YY Glasses and Gothic YY that aren't represented comprehensively elsewhere. Saying that, size availability is all inter-connected among all stores so pieces can be transferred if required.

The flagship also tries very hard to display the seasonal keypieces to the customers so we get the " feel" of the season. YYF is on the ground floor so obviously it takes centre stage. This season the last Look dramatic Wedding Dress is proudly/beautifully displayed, last season there were at least 6 rare silk printed Futon Coats on show, simply breathtaking.

Finally the flagship has tons of room for customers to try clothes on and experience them gracefully in motion, such an important part of understanding the Master's work.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  6. sepp

sepp Senior member

Thanks guys for the further pointers in Tokyo for YY.

A noob question: is this pants the same as runway 13SS?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Is this hakama-ish or more like a drop crotch flowy pants for those who owned or tried them on before?

Thanks.

1 person likes this.
  7. davidlee388

Personally I do not call them hakamas, just balloon pants, just my opinion.... They're no less awesome though.

8. StevenE

StevenE Senior member

If Bowie tours again he should wear this on stage.

9. sepp

sepp Senior member

LOL!

I somehow have this image of Bowie wearing skin tight glittering outfits.

@thanks David and Parker!

10. StevenE

StevenE Senior member

He did wear Yohji briefly in the mid-80s, with a pinstipe suit making the cover for a bunch of singles, but sadly it coincides with his total creative nadir.

1 person likes this.
  11. xeraphim

xeraphim Senior member

last week:

[​IMG]

14 people like this.
  12. sepp

sepp Senior member

Yohji masters here can confirm whether these are from SS12 and whether it's runway or non? Sincere thanks and have a great weekend. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. xeraphim

xeraphim Senior member

ss12 indeed; it's a runway style but was not presented in black.

[​IMG][​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

those are fantastic ss12 pants. would be great in black. the cotton is very luxe-soft.

also, great photo xeraphim.

15. the shah

the shah Senior member

winter is never-ending

[​IMG]

Wool leder
    Wool yyph aw12
    wool cdgh
    wool uniqlo
    cotton shirt
    wool yyph aw14
    leather yyph aw12

[​IMG]

13 people like this.
  16. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamam...

ABeautiful photo shah! That coat is really amazing.

Still on the lookout for a go to YY winter coat that I can default to whenever I travel and need the protection.

Really great photos recently.

I just received some goodies from @davidlee388!

First up SS15 trompe l'oeil denim cotton drop crotch trousers.

Just threw this all together and left the house, but I now think I have forgotten how to wear anything that even remotely looks like jeans, lol.

Anyway.

[​IMG]

YYPH (SS05 if I remember correctly...wool 64/silk 36 blend. Currently my most worn jacket and extremely awesome)
    Ann D
    YYPH (these pants are really nice to the touch. Sort of dry cotton, smooth weave. Denim look is completely digitally printed on with some mismatching going on at the zipper area. They are lined in a very nice beige cotton fabric)
    Vans

14 people like this.
  17. xeraphim

xeraphim Senior member

whoever won the aw13 boiler suit on yahoo please let me know if it doesn't work out for you!

18. davidlee388

I know who won it. You'd better wait for another auction my friend. The chance of it not working out is very slim.

1 person likes this.
  19. slerpen

slerpen Well-Known Member

Does anyone know what the pants on the mannequin behind him are called? Not sure what I should be searching for. Just drop crotch cropped pants? Appreciate any help.

1 person likes this.
  20. kamsky

kamsky Member

Hello all, very small odds, but was wondering if anyone knows if these skull & rose trousers (or any of the other two variations thereof) are still available anywhere?

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.