Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ivwri, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

I won the auction (barely) for the linen/silk pants Ivwri posted. There were a bunch of bidders and I wonder how many were from this thread. Please let me know if anyone sees the jacket in a 2 or 3 so I can complete the metamorphoses.

2. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

hah ! i almost was gonna bid but then i found a pair of linen and also wool/blend elsewhere so I didn't enter battle with you

[​IMG]

3. asobu

asobu Senior member

caveat, damn you've just started and are already halfway to completing one of the great suits. I like look 1 even more but that one is easily top 3 or whatever of ss09 stuff. I'm fucking jealous, I've been trying to hunt down one of those for quite some time now. :slayer:

On another note, I just got a 4 button wool AW00 jacket and it's blowing me away, all I wear now. I've wanted one of his 4 button jackets for a while and this is perfect, the fabrics he used for this collection are some of the best I've seen from him. Piping along the jacket front/lapels and pockets is made from gold plated copper wire. Need to hunt down more stuff.

4. asobu

asobu Senior member

I'm sure we can sort out the other ones (except y-3 and the perfume one possibly) when it comes to seasons and stuff eventually, though it might take some time, but this last one I assume is from the houndstooth collection of AW03. Might as well post it here, HQ style:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. the shah

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012

6. jwjp

jwjp Senior member

7. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

LOL I'm glad you didn't. My max bid was $276 and they pushed it up to $269, so one more bump would have sniped it from me. I'm glad you guys approve of the purchase.

I've been scoping that lilac sweater for the last week. Somebody buy it so I don't.

8. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

Heh, same here. Really like the small details on the sweater. I am trying to stop myself from buying knits cos I hardly ever have any serious occasion to wear them. Sigh.

If anyone finds the first pants in shah's post above in a size 4 let me know. Almost got a pair once, but got unlucky.

9. sipang

sipang Senior member

First, a bit of DIY for the more adventurous...​

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________​

... now let's board the time capsule for a (very) short ride

Spring 1985
    [​IMG]

Fall 1985
    [​IMG]

Spring 1986
    [​IMG]

Fall 1987
    [​IMG]

Fall 1988
    [​IMG]

Spring 1989
    [​IMG]

Fall 1989
    [​IMG]

Spring 1990
    [​IMG]

Fall 1991
    [​IMG]

Spring 1992
    [​IMG]

Fall 1989
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Spring 1993
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Spring 1994
    [​IMG]

And here's your factoid of the day, the boorish French rapper in question is this fellow below (I believe those are your scans from SZ, Asobu), he actually went on to be hugely famous (in France) as one half of the hip hop group Suprême NTM, one of the two major French hip hop groups of the 90s (an easily the most virulent one of the two). I don't really understand how he came about to be in a YY show to begin with but the behavior seems par for the course, the name of the group was NTM after all (if you don't know what NTM stands for, look it up).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is all for today, I'll be back later with more useless and irrelevants tidbits to enrich your day. :nodding:

10. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

Those old photos are great! Thanks muchly sip-san, you may be a mysterious Belgian avatar - or one half of a quantum entangled consciousness - but you always :slayer:!

11. sipang

sipang Senior member

Well, it seems only appropriate in a thread that :slayer::slayer:

(There's a 68,4% chance I am one of those two things. )

12. the shah

*bzzzz*

Charlotte is Anglo-French and would be insulted by this commentary in bold :teach:

13. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

Oh, I wasn't referring to who sip-san was an avatar of, but his own nationality...unless Charlotte Gainsbourg is actually an avatar of sipang?? :puzzled:

14. sipang

sipang Senior member

This will be my answer on the matter

[​IMG]

wearing YY (but that goes without saying)

edit: I've already said too much

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012

15. asobu

asobu Senior member

Fucking great stuff sipang, thanks for posting. In the spirit of this page, I thought I might post another show from the archives (though not as far back as that). I guess we can keep dropping these off in the thread when we need to bring it back to the front page

SPRING-SUMMER 2002

A season that featured japanese elements like shibori and yuzen dying, using flat cutting patterns that evoked kimonos. Also continued with the adidas collab influences like sneakers and 3 stripes that carried over from the previous season.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

HQs (full season):

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]