• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
1uPeWvp.png

ss13 crepe soles

Arche

Reaction score
This is just an interest check. I'm planning on selling the following jacket from S/S 2003. I bought it when I was still feeling my way into Yohji sizing and proportions, and, despite being only a size 3, I find this a bit too big for for me, especially in the shoulders. It's 100% wool gabardine (code 101) partially lined, and has two interesting features. Firstly, there is a kind of "skirt" of pleats which extends from the front on one side, right around to the middle of the back. This portion of the jacket is not lined, and the pleats are quite delicate, and they move very fluidly when you turn. Secondly, the sleeves are constructed in such a way that you can either have a kind of rolled-over "cuff" at the end, in which case the sleeves are slightly longer, or tuck the cuff up and into the sleeves (as in the photo), which shortens them slightly, and leaves a bit of the cuff peeking out. If anyone is interested, or wants more info, send me a PM. I'll probably put it up on Ebay in a few days.

Last edited:

repp_fink

Reaction score

AW08 Handstitched Suit, iconic Runway pieces from that season, even rarer chance if you can bag the suit, I'm like shah forever searching for the matching pants.

I'm glad I'm one of the few natural size 4s around here. Always on the lookout for the AW08; the girl and I tried on so much stuff when the flagship store on Gansevoort was still open. Lovely sales staff -- we had no $$$ and looked it, but they treated us like royalty. And then a year -- maybe a year and a half? -- later, it was gone. Tch tch.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
more goodies at lagarconne

forward claimed many months ago they would be getting yy in the winter (as well as damir but for women only). yet to see any signs of this being true ...

cupper

Reaction score
^ the SS13 long shirts are nowhere to be seen, later production perhaps?

dantebykiko

Reaction score
i've tried this when we received it from yohji's press for a shoot. absolutely amazing... conduit store has it.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
nice, k. did you get to try on all the pieces? those pants are wild. are they batik?

summer weather here today so I tried to channel ss13.. but it's my own low-rent non-yohji version. Pants are siki im, shoes are Nike Free, tank is random surf brand. I could use one of those colorful yohji scarves or the split seam tees.

Last edited:

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Parker, you lift? Looking cut, man. And nice fit, btw.

dantebykiko

Reaction score
nice, k. did you get to try on all the pieces? those pants are wild. are they batik?

summer weather here today so I tried to channel ss13.. but it's my own low-rent non-yohji version. Pants are siki im, shoes are Nike Free, tank is random surf brand. I could use one of those colorful yohji scarves or the split seam tees.

welcome back mr! i tried one of the printed pants in Paris. so, so nice... i think those one.

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks to Kiko I was able to complete this SS09 suit :D. Wore the whole thing out today for the first time. Entire suit is a size 3, but the pants are pretty long and the waist loose even at that size on me. I might prefer to have a size 4 on the jacket, but all in all, very happy that I now have the whole thing. :slayer:

YYPH Cotton/Silk "P.D.H" suit
YYPH SS12 leather belt
Margiela T-shirt
CDGH+ sneakers

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dude, how do you look perfect in EVERY SINGLE FIT PIC? Maybe you should be designing the clothes instead of buying them.

dantebykiko

Reaction score
need this gone ASAP. 340 euros + shipping/fees. i bought suit from same season and want quick sale so i can fund the new one.

so... small interested check:

spring/summer 2002 gabardine suit. i just don't find time to wear it enough... the tape around on the sleeves and down the legs its actually selvedge. silk selvedge. both jacket and pants in size3. 97% wool/ 3% polyester. Half-lined with with mesh. 9 of 10 condition...

+ this leather jacket from ss2001. i love it to bits but need money for my studies...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321074357313?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

sorry for spamming the thread
shog[1].gif

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dude, how do you look perfect in EVERY SINGLE FIT PIC? Maybe you should be designing the clothes instead of buying them.

Ha! I definitely disagree, but thanks anyway :).

For my money the size 3 jacket looks perfect. 

Yeah it sits really well and feels structured, yet roomy at the same time. I guess I am just used to having just that bit more extra room to move around in. Will see :satisfied:

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

We're working on this! :devil:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics