1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ivwri, Dec 29, 2011.

1. the shah

the shah Senior member

SS00 is my favorite season, hard to locate any pieces though. I have only two. Would like to add that third one, @Trouble are you hoping to acquire it?

Last edited: May 28, 2014
  2. TroubIe

TroubIe Active Member

Ah yeah my first thought was that he meant "objects" but I thought that it might have just been a poor translation by the publication that put out the interview, how you put it makes alot of sense too. Thanks!

Ah no, I just thought it was an interesting piece. I've seen this coat a few times recently, 3 on rakuten and 1 on Yahoo Japan, but I think some of those might have actually been the same piece being bought and resold by the actual second hand shops themselves.

You would look really good in it, I love how you wear Yohji's colours, I always stick to black and white but it's great to see it done other ways

1 person likes this.
  3. TroubIe

TroubIe Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Speaking of SS00, what a coincidence! I am actually at my friend's studio right now - he just got back from a trip to Japan and bought some Yohji pieces, and while trying them on I just found one from SS00! Pretty cool

2 people like this.
  4. davidlee388

davidlee388 Senior member

Chiming in the greatness of SS00 with a fit.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

YYPH SS00 " Seatbelt " Blazer - 100% wool gabardine, small mandarin collar, 5B closure, red nylon back strip insert. Wire.Artist has a even better iteration of the same series, a majestic black on black Seatbelt Coat.

AW09 wool fedora, SS09 wool gabardine pants, CAUSE x George Cox leather Creepers. SS Tee.

Last edited: May 30, 2014
    4 people like this.
  5. StevenE

StevenE Senior member

Those shots look incredible.

6. TroubIe

TroubIe Active Member

Anyone know how exactly new season releases work?

I know that previously, FW has been released mid July in Japan, but I see that some locations already have a few FW14 "pre" collection pieces in, like some from regulation etc.

When the collection is released, is anyone free to drop by, or is it an appointment based type of deal? Or is that only for the showroom previews?

7. NovemberFire

NovemberFire Member

Not sure if this has been posted but it looks like Luisaviaroma is carrying YYPH this season and has a bunch of pieces up for pre order. Striped double layer and Skull Alpaca sweaters are killer. Prices sting a little though. Also like the presentation/models a bit more than LN CC.

8. xeraphim

xeraphim Senior member

only the showroom previews are by appointment.

1 person likes this.
  9. YOLO EMSHI

YOLO EMSHI Senior member

Where are some good places to buy old Yohji in Tokyo?

10. StevenE

StevenE Senior member

I will debut my dog here. 10 month old Labrador/Springer/Chihuahua/Jack Russell mix. He was all black, small and angular so I did the only appropriate thing and named him Yohji. A YYPH jacket makes a cameo, but never mind the throw.

https://vine.co/v/Mj6qLv65Xba

Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
    3 people like this.
  11. davidlee388

@Steven what's the name of your dog? [​IMG]

12. StevenE

StevenE Senior member

Yohji.

1 person likes this.
  13. StevenE

StevenE Senior member

[​IMG]

“Films don't have to be always about drama... This is a story that could be summarized in just a few words. Ozu makes an entire movie out of the most common things of the most common people of the world. Yet, the film conceals so much humanity and profound emotion. He depicts a reality that doesn’t even exist anymore in today’s modern life...”
    - Yohji Yamamoto

So I saw the S/S15 invite on YYO Facebook this morning. Obviously as a Ozu fan it's tremendously exciting (Late Spring's even better than Tokyo Story though) and I can't wait to see how the theme carries through into the collection proper.

2 people like this.
  14. eloq

eloq Well-Known Member

if any of you yohji gods have this iteration of the hakama, lemme know =]

[​IMG]

15. the shah

the shah Senior member

A pair just sold on yahoo for a handsome price !

16. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

Very excited about this. Can't wait to see it.

17. davidlee388

They went for 57k, well over the Jap retail, well over the top but black wool gabardine hakamas are hotly contested on Y! nowadays....

18. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Picked up a YYPH shirt - not sure what season but I love it:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not sure which season the linen trousers are from either for that matter...

12 people like this.
  19. eloq

eloq Well-Known Member

yeah i was on that auction, went to 50k yen and couldnt go any further. kinda bitter about it.