1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ivwri, Dec 29, 2011.

1. StevenE

StevenE Senior member

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
  2. solargarden

solargarden Senior member

1 person likes this.
  3. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

[​IMG]

nothing special today but "the loose fit" feels good :)
    big y's rayon shirt
    coming soon linen-wool pants
    stan smiths

picked up a couple new yohji items lately too.
    looking forward to getting them in the mail.

12 people like this.
  4. davidlee388

davidlee388 Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

YYPH AW09 Look 3 Fedora Hat - ( HZ-H05-127 ) - in black, 100% wool.

YYPH AW05 Double Layer Utility Blazer - ( HN-Y05-034 ) - in black and superbly constructed. Size 2 very oversized, dropped shouldered fit, like a short coat. Outer shell in thick dry hand 60/40 cotton/linen blend. Large peak lapels, 2B closure, 3B working cuffs. 2/3 body + full sleeves lined in cupro. 3 unsual inside + 1 outside chest pockets, 2 large bottom flapped + velcroed expandable pockets + 2 mid section zipped pockets. Air vents under armpits. Inner detachable ( via 10 buttons ) blue tartan vest in 90/10 wool/nylon blend with its own 2 outer chest pockets + 2 inside bottom pockets. So 12 pockets in total ;)

YYPH AW10 4.1 The Men Asymmetrical Knit - ( HC-K62-974 ) - in black, thick 100% wool, panelled construction, size 3 crew neck with ultra long sleeves, unequal length hems.

YYPH AW07 Look 7 Knit Insert Pants - ( HX-P07-122 ) - black, size 2 regular fit. 98/2 wool/polyurethane dry hand fabric, large back flapped pockets + additional 4 side pockets. black 90/10 wool/nylon strip insert along side of pants, same fabric knit foldable cuffs lending a cropped look.

Y's x Dr Martens AW08 Boots - ( ME-E53-752 ) - in black, size 2, supple leather with inside zips, triple diagonally stitched toe boxes.

Uniqlo SS Tee, CDG H+ leather belt.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
    7 people like this.
  5. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

That is awesome!!!

6. TroubIe

TroubIe Active Member

Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
    3 people like this.
  7. repp_fink

repp_fink Well-Known Member

So, a while back there was some discussion about a few YYPH pieces sold second-hand with misspelled tags reading "INSTRCTIONS" and "ETIQETTE" instead of "INSTRUCTIONS" and "ETIQUETTE."

As an additional data point, here's another one in the wild. Image from (edit : removed) :

[​IMG]

I've never seen the type of hanging signature tag shown in the other photos, but perhaps someone can fill in that detail. It's too bad there's no photo of the fabric code, or we could see if it lines up with the collection from the previous poster's pieces -- perhaps the misspelled labels are legit and were confined to a single season.

So, who's with me to put together a fund to pick up this piece and deconstruct it for evidence of chicanery? :D I'm almost willing to take a flyer on it myself for Y5000.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
  8. davidlee388

davidlee388 Senior member

@reff_fink I think it was Arche that started this discussion about legit YYPH/Y's pieces, and in fact I was in the " fake " camp originally. However after the vastly experienced Wire.Artist and Asobu expressed their views, and I later checked some of my runway pieces ( which are 100% genuine ), I've concluded I've been wrong stating pieces with those labels are fake. This aint a definitive claim but based on experience pieces from perhaps before 2005 sometimes do carry these labels and they are definitely genuine pieces. YYPH ain't worth the hassle of counterfeiting due to its relatively niche appeal, unlike Y-3.

9. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

speaking of tags, does the small red signature tab signify anything? from the (small) images of the runway, I think spring/summer 2000 used a few of those little red tabs on jackets… off the chest pocket or off the front placket.

10. dantebykiko

dantebykiko Senior member

can you not post Y! links here?

11. repp_fink

repp_fink Well-Known Member

Apologies, edited post to remove link.

12. Howell31

Howell31 Senior member

Hey guys,

I got two jackets from this past FW in size 2. Both fit okay but are a little on the snug side for yohji. If there's anyone out there with the same piece(s) in a size3 looking to size down and swap for my size 2, hit me up!

http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/men/yohji-yamamoto-peaked-lapel-jacket-item-10508592.aspx

http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/men/yohji-yamamoto-wool-suit-item-10465874.aspx
    (this is slightly different from mine. it has a different fabric with a diagonal "twill" effect for the outer layer. mine is classic wool gab. exact same two-layer jacket though)

Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
  13. the shah

the shah Senior member

@davidlee388 & @Parker that's great stuff !

thanks for this :slayer:

came across this nice one , i assume part of the whole series of pick-stitched Y's where a few iterations were shown on alongside on the runway ?? not sure i want to keep it since i have too many jackets, want to trim down my closet a bit :)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

14. the shah

the shah Senior member

in hopes of wearing pants high up , old man comfort style, i picked up some high-waisted trousers to do something like this:
    [​IMG]

any clue what season these might be, the red tab might be a hint ??
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

15. cupper

cupper Senior member

SS 2000?

I think Ivwri has the same pair. Great pickup.

16. the shah

the shah Senior member

yeah thought he did but this is only @Ivwri one i saw , cotton twill with suspender buttons too and they are amazing :slayer:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  17. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

Yup, I do indeed have that same pair of pants. Picked them up from wireartist and they are SS2000 as cupper said.

Great pickup indeed.

The one I am wearing in that picture is from A/W 2011. Great pants as well.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  18. the shah

the shah Senior member

nice to hear from naija boyyyyyy :cool:

thanks for info homie hope all is well in your hood

19. SuEd

SuEd Senior member

Has any store started listing SS14 yet?

20. StevenE

StevenE Senior member

Come to think of it, I've yet to see anything online. Most places seem to be ending their sales this weekend so I expect their new season listings are ready to go.

Conduit St, unsurprisingly, has had lots of SS14 for weeks.

In other news, I just won the Simon Le Bon 80s YYPH blue wool suit that's been knocking around ebay for weeks. When first listed it was £500, but they posted it again with a £150 starting price, I put in an opening bid for just that and to my surprise was the only bidder. I was expecting to see it go for at least a little more, around the £250-300 mark, so perhaps the Duran Duran association ended up lowering the price!

Not that I'm complaining, and hey, The Chauffeur is one of the all-time great 80s b-sides. That, and I'd have been happy paying that for the jacket alone, so the pants are a bonus.

Few small holes in the sleeve, but nothing that even I couldn't fix, not that it even seems visible in the first place.

I've actually never tried to wear size 3 (the suit is marked M) yohji mainline pants before, on account of how some of the sz2 pants I own are massive enough already. From the pictures it doesn't look slim, but not overly oversized. The waist is adjustable, and of course I own a belt. 34" inseam seems manageable. For non-Yohji I usually get a 32" leg, anticipating rolling things up a little, so these will probably just require an extra roll or two. Could get them taken up also, and if it doesn't work out they're promised to a friend already.

This'll be the first time I've handled a Yohji suit from the 80s, so colour me excited on that front.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I love the chest pockets.

One thing I'm slightly concerned about is the shoulder pads, because I won't see til I try it on where they'll fall on my body - if the jacket's on the bigger side I can imagine it looking off. It's not a course of action I'm likely to take, but does anyone have experience taking the padding out (done professionally or otherwise)?

Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
    3 people like this.