• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

davidlee388

Reaction score
Bene, your pants are Y's for men definitely. If it's a women's item it will say YU- instead,

Sweatpants alternative? 101 fabric code is a wool blend so I thought sweatpants material is cotton based? Anyway you have some unique bell-shaped pants there, Yohji or not Yohji regardless.

Last edited:

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

thanks for sharing that David, will check it out.

17 F outside today :freeze:

L&F beanie laine/angora
LEU scrunchy scarf merino/angora/cotton
AW07 Look #4 wool coat with knit sleeves size3
Y's wool t-neck sweater size3
AW04 cashmere cropped trousers size4
Docs
ss12 ute linen bag

shah, this is FANTASTIC. one of my favorite fits i've seen on here.

DividedWay

Reaction score
Have we seen anything with regards to Yohji's SS footwear? Some of the low derbies on the runway looked awesome, and I'd love to figure out where to pick them up...

Arche

Reaction score
Speaking of YYPH footwear, a pair of boots I purchased recently just arrived. I'm pretty sure they are from A/W 2003. I picked them up quite cheap, and I really like the style, which reminds me of some circa 1900's boots I've seen on Ebay. However, now that I've tried them with some YYPH outfits, I'm not certain they suit the oversized look, mostly because they are quite slim and pointy. They're great boots, so I'll definitely wear them with non-Yohji stuff as well, but I'm interested to hear people's opinions. I'll post some full fit pics when I get the chance.

Last edited:

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
merci mikey !

Arche,i would imagine they work fine with a lot of the slimmer bottoms. this past AW had quite a few of those.

thanks Mr Lee and myname for all the pics and links.

Arche

Reaction score
I've got another footwear question, specifically for anyone (Ivwri?) who has a pair of those blue SS 2012 cap-toe boots. I usually wear size EU 43 in boots. Would this correspond to a 3 or a 4 in those boots?

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just to echo shah and say thanks for the pics and links guys. The showroom pictures are pretty cool actually. Liking this collection the more I think about it and see images, hehe. Reminds me of some of the zanier Yohji pieces from the 80s and 90s. The styling made it seem more out there than it may be on the racks, but I like that he went full-on kooky. Seems like he is having a lot of fun working.

I've got another footwear question, specifically for anyone (Ivwri?) who has a pair of those blue SS 2012 cap-toe boots. I usually wear size EU 43 in boots. Would this correspond to a 3 or a 4 in those boots?

I ended up not getting any of the cap-toe boots from SS12 unfortunately so I can't help in that regard, but I did pick up a pair of the cap-toe derbies and I think a size 4 would work for a typical EU 43 if you want room for your toes in the derbies. For a snug fit, a 3 should be fine (I typically wear a 44 in Ann for example and a 5 in most Yohji shoes and a 5 in those derbies has room in the toe box for me). Not sure whether that corresponds for the boots of course, but just in case it helps you make a decision thought I would include the info.

Really like those boots you picked up actually. They will definitely work very well with some of the slimmer pants, or any heavily tapered ones as well would look great with those.

StevenE

Reaction score
Have we seen anything with regards to Yohji's SS footwear? Some of the low derbies on the runway looked awesome, and I'd love to figure out where to pick them up...
There's a few really nice sneaker-type shoes in stock in Conduit St. Only about £260. When I went in they only had the green ones, but I'm hoping they get the black or grey ones from the show in, because they're priced quite reasonably and looked great.

davidlee388

Reaction score

I don't know which ones you mean exactly Arche but if you mean the boots in Look 32, they are called in the official spec sheet Hemp/Singed Smooth Lace-up Zip Boots then I have that pair in sz 2, and I am usually EU sz 41. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Reaction score
hi guys! just signed up today and found this great thread about yohji. i'm a fan as well. anyway, just wanted to say hello. i'm jp from manila. i'm sure i'll be lurking here every now and then.

here i am wearing a vintage Y's Men flat collarless blazer

slstr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hi guys! just signed up today and found this great thread about yohji. i'm a fan as well. anyway, just wanted to say hello. i'm jp from manila. i'm sure i'll be lurking here every now and then.

here i am wearing a vintage Y's Men flat collarless blazer
Fixed the image for you
smile.gif

The jacket looks great, welcome!

Arche

Reaction score
David, these are the boots I mean (maybe I got the season wrong):

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads