1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ivwri, Dec 29, 2011.

1. dantebykiko

dantebykiko Senior member

2. davidlee388

davidlee388 Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

YYPH AW09 Look 3 Fedora - ( HZ-H05-127 ) - in black, 100% laine wool

YYPH AW05 Look 29 Leather Insert Tailcoat - ( HN-J10-109 ) in sand/grey, 90/10 wool/nylon woven robust blend. Size 2, fully lined in cupro, large notch lapels, bespoke brown tortoiseshell buttons, 1B closure to a cutaway long flare, 2B non-working cuffs, 3 inside pockets + 2 outside flapped pockets. Asymmetrical leather inserts on body & arms with 4 zipped pockets, distressed frayed seams.

YYPH SS11 Look 35 LS Long Polo Shirt - ( HO-T49-078 ) in black, 50/28/22 cotton/polyester/rayon, pique type texture. Size 3 oversized fit, 5B closure with a 6th button looped over tab, side cutouts for pant pocket access, " zip " motifs on chest.

YYPH AW04 Zipper Cropped Pants - ( HJ-P37-014 ) - in black, 100% thick grade cotton. size 3 huge waist. Adjustable hem length via 2 riri zippers per leg.

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, clean, sans-serif]Uniqlo SS Tee, CDG H+ belt, Pataugas boots. [/FONT]

4 people like this.
  3. Arche

Arche Senior member

I recently managed to pick up one of these AW 2012 blazers. I will post a fit when I get the chance, but I'm very pleased with the purchase. It's 100%, medium weight wool gabardine, fully lined. The unusual fastening makes for a very interesting drape. There are three buttons, two large studs on the two layers of the "lapel" which you can see on one side in the picture, one to fasten the layers to each other, and one to fasten both to the other side of the blazer, up near the neck. Then there is another button which fastens to a tab hanging down from the opposite shoulder (also visible in the picture). You can vary the buttoning, which makes for a variety of interesting shapes. It goes really well with some very voluminous Y's for Men gabardine trousers I have, so I think I will have to pick up more very loose YYPH trousers. It would look awesome with hakamas I imagine.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
  4. stadsvandringar

stadsvandringar Active Member

What size did you get on the jacket? I recall that they fit pretty large. I really wanted one of them but by the time I got to the shop they only had a size 3 left and it was huuge. But yeah, yohji always begets more yohji.

5. davidlee388

Same Look 23 one I purchased in Cambon sale, I nickname it the Star Trek blazer :) Mine is size 2 and fits quite roomy for recent collections. Luckily I managed to track down the matching pants in Joyce sale in HK 8 months ago. I agree that roomy pants work equally well.

6. zapatiste

zapatiste Senior member

persevering in trans-dimensional subconsciousness
    david how can you layer there ?? looks great but i'm sweating just seeing the amount of clothes you're wearing !

also ,

clck (or get in touch with monsieur parker)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Arche

Arche Senior member

David, it's very funny that you called it the Star Trek blazer, because that is exactly what my girlfriend said when she saw it :) As for sizing, I got a size 4, which fits really well. Actually, the sleeves on the size 4 I have seem to be every so slightly shorter than I expected from this size.

8. davidlee388

@zapatiste which one did you mean my friend? If it's the last fit then a SS Tee, a long Polo and a coat that doesn't cover most of the front....it's easy for a 15 deg C evening. We in UK are blessed ( not ) with random weather; it's 11 deg this morning, now it's 22 mid afternoon...

@Arche the sleeves of the blazer fit Yohji-ish long on me ( between wrist & knuckles ) :- http://www.styleforum.net/t/280641/...r-fit-yohji-yamamoto-thread/4095#post_6084767

9. dantebykiko

the suits are know as "the beatles" suits.

[​IMG]

also the ss14 pretty much has nothing to do with nomads. it started with "rain" for fabrics, then bruce lee, then 70's japanese punk movement called "black crows". and for the make-up brief was "robots/cyborgs" ... go figure..

Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  10. volcano

volcano Member

I've been watching this thread for awhile now and figured it was finally time to start posting (some pictures very soon!). I had a question for some of the experts on here. Recently I acquired a pair of cotton trousers from the Gothic line and have been able to find very little information on it's history. Does anyone have any insight?

1 person likes this.
  11. JEVWV

JEVWV Member

Hi there,

Finally, I've made it. Just eventually received the shirt/jacket that I've spoken of this morning. It is really something!

Here're quick photos for update, sorry for the quality of the pics anyway.
    Big thanks goes to David, Ivwri and Kiko. Cheers guys!

[​IMG][​IMG]

All - YY Pour Homme AW11 Look 19
    Boot - Guidi 788Z

7 people like this.
  12. dantebykiko

Lovely but for me and for few close friends yohji works way better with classic footwear - docs, converses, vans etc.. Those Guidis are beautiful but not sure if they work with the proportions.

1 person likes this.
  13. JEVWV

JEVWV Member

Yeah, thanks for your comment KiKo, I basically wear Yohjis with just normal Nike AirMax or easy leather sandals.
    However, I'm really obsessed with the vanilla smell and shape of Guidis at the moment and I think, i will keep on sticking with this boot for a little while. [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
    2 people like this.
  14. dantebykiko

15. xeraphim

xeraphim Senior member

[​IMG]

finally found the trousers in my size... ss13 look 14 suit.

12 people like this.
  16. davidlee388

wool gabardine + wool gabardine - a formidable combination.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

YYPH SS10 Fedora Hat - ( HJ-H03-965 ) - black, 100% polypropylene mesh.

YYPH AW09 Side Tape Blazer ( HZ-J24-100 ) - in black, the blazer iteration of the Look 29 Frock Coat. 100% wool gabardine, fully lined in cupro. Size 2 oversized fit, very well made. 3B closure + 2B non-working sleeves, notch lapels, long back vent. 3 inside pockets, 1 chest + 2 bottom flapped pockets. 3 additional buttoned slit pockets ( 1 left + 2 right ) with long dangling fabric extensions, amazing in motion.

YYPH SS12 Pleatless Hakama Pants ( HB-P73-100 ) - ex-Wire.Artist's ( thanks A. ), in black.100% wool gabardine. Size 3 with a high, big waist, 7 belt loops, drawstrings + 1 horn button closure. 2 side + 2 back pockets, left one buttoned. Simple construction done superbly. Just like wearing very very wide cropped pants. The signature gabardine complements the extreme volume in motion so well.

Y's AW06 suede/canvas hi-tops, CDG H+ belt, Uniqlo SS Tee.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2013
    8 people like this.
  17. dantebykiko

Those pants are lovely, remember the rise wasn't too deep though.. Just out of curiosity, which of your lovely pieces are getting worn on daily basis?

Trying full suit too.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 7, 2013
  18. chinesealpha

chinesealpha Senior member

Guidis are great with that suit. I'm certain sandals work as well. I have my doubts about nikes, but they're comfy, and that counts.

19. eloq

eloq Well-Known Member

looks great, xeraphim.
    waiting for the pants to arrive myself :slayer:. havnt found the jacket yet though

20. chayin

chayin Member

[​IMG]

Yohji playing drums for his Y-3 show...so perfect

@xeraphim & @david - looking good

4 people like this.