• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy new year guys!! Looking forward to what's in the wings this year both Yohji-wise and everything else.

SS13 is just round the corner and looking forward to people's pickups from this season. Can't wait to be a martial artist/beach bum/hooligan Yohji-style.

Also, my outfit today -

Belt and pants are YYPH, jacket is Yang Li with Marvielab shoes.

EDIT -

Last edited:

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried to imitate the high cuffing, not sure it worked tho. Also new piece courtesy of an SF member!

Wearing:

Showing off the acquisition:

davidlee388

Reaction score
Happy New Year from UK as well!

YYPH AW05 Look 37 Handstitched Blazer ( HN-J37-300 ) - one of my best recent finds, my favourite season of course. 100% 50's vintage Italian linen ( according to Asobu ), the most unusual AW fabric, it radiates a vintage ( indeed ) charm, soft yet rugged, it's substantial as well, easily heavier/warmer than some wool gab coats. Off-white/beige, size 2, generous " vintage " Yohji fit, whole blazer lined in 50/50 linen/ramie. 4B bespoke metal button closure, unique notch lapels. Lovely, striking and pronounced burnt orange handstitching on lapels, big unilateral arc side pocket and cuffs. Beautiful to look at, and to wear.

YYPH SS11 Look 9 Long Shirt ( HO-B31-980 ) - aka the " Priest Shirt " 100% cotton, medium weight interlock fabric, feels like a wool knit/track pants cotton. Shirt collar and sleeve finish. Size 1, 10B closure. the collar, cuffs and button placket are reinforced by a satin like cotton backing. Left chest patch pocket, 2 concealed side pockets with lining. Uneven hem.

[FONT=verdana, tahoma, arial, sans-serif]YYPH SS11 Look 16 Elastic Hem Pants in black ( HO-P02-016 ) Size 2, 100% cotton, brushed, dry hand fabric. Button closure with drawstring and belt loops. 4 front pleats, side pockets and 2 back buttoned flap patch pockets. Cropped pants in length with soft elastic hem bands. [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, tahoma, arial, sans-serif]SS Tee, Vans[/FONT]

Last edited:

zapatiste

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
simply outstanding and from my favorite season i think (if there's such a thing as a favorite)

i was hoping the spoiler contained ultra-closeup macro shots
drool.gif

can make out that little emblem/patch on the bottom left better in runway shot although you are wearing it much better in my opinion (was always curious about layering the priest shirt)

Last edited:

TWorksheets

Reaction score

Happy New Year from UK as well!
YYPH AW05 Look 37 Handstitched Blazer ( HN-J37-300 ) - one of my best recent finds, my favourite season of course. 100% 50's vintage Italian linen ( according to Asobu ), the most unusual AW fabric, it radiates a vintage ( indeed ) charm, soft yet rugged, it's substantial as well, easily heavier/warmer than some wool gab coats. Off-white/beige, size 2, generous " vintage " Yohji fit, whole blazer lined in 50/50 linen/ramie. 4B bespoke metal button closure, unique notch lapels. Lovely, striking and pronounced burnt orange handstitching on lapels, big unilateral arc side pocket and cuffs. Beautiful to look at, and to wear. YYPH SS11 Look 9 Long Shirt ( HO-B31-980 ) - aka the " Priest Shirt " 100% cotton, medium weight interlock fabric, feels like a wool knit/track pants cotton. Shirt collar and sleeve finish. Size 1, 10B closure. the collar, cuffs and button placket are reinforced by a satin like cotton backing. Left chest patch pocket, 2 concealed side pockets with lining. Uneven hem. [COLOR=181818]YYPH SS11 Look 16 Elastic Hem Pants in black ( HO-P02-016 ) Size 2, 100% cotton, brushed, dry hand fabric. Button closure with drawstring and belt loops. 4 front pleats, side pockets and 2 back buttoned flap patch pockets. Cropped pants in length with soft elastic hem bands. [/COLOR] [COLOR=181818]SS Tee, Vans[/COLOR]
One of my favorites from you David! The layers and cropped elastic band pant hems are perfect. I prefer those vans over some of your other footwear too.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
similar pants are on my eventual to get list. wanted to pair it one of the damir doma style kurta shirts in a white or brown.

Recent acquisition:

davidlee388

Reaction score
Thank you for the kind words gentlemen :)

zapastiste, I was too lazy to take the close up myself so in fact I used the pictures of the seller's another piece in sz 3. Note the emblem/patch is next to the 3rd button on that piece whereas you can just about make out the patch on the right panel ( same as Runway's ) on my sz 2.

It's very difficult to get good contrast using a cellphone amaterish camera shooting a bright piece next to an all black set up. The gloomy weather didn't help matters either.

TWorksheets, yes the priest shirt is a stellar piece, even better in motion as mr shah, Asobu, Ivwri, Wire.Artist and others who have it will concur :)

cupper

Reaction score
Happy New Year!

Received some Yohji goodies, everything stunning. :)

AW 2001 cardigan in dark grey

Y's AW 2005 black/white long shirt

SS 2008 pants in dark military green

SS 2011 long shirt in beige

SS 2011 white shirt

SS 2012 shirt

TWorksheets

Reaction score

Happy New Year!
Received some Yohji goodies, everything stunning. :)

AW 2001 cardigan in dark grey

Y's AW 2005 black/white long shirt

SS 2008 pants in dark military green

SS 2011 long shirt in beige

SS 2011 white shirt

SS 2012 shirt

great haul, please post some photos of that 05 long Y's shirt if you have a chance.

Last edited:

davidlee388

Reaction score
cupper, that is indeed a haul! So you are the one who won that Priest Shirt in beige on Y!, size 1 as well?

That AW01 cardigan is very nice, also keen to see the Y's Pitti Uomo long shirt. In fact they are all great Runway pieces.

Please post
smile.gif

cupper

Reaction score

great haul, please post some photos of that 05 long Y's shirt if you have a chance.

Thanks! I'll post photos of everything when I get some free time.

cupper, that is indeed a haul! So you are the one who won that Priest Shirt in beige on Y!, size 1 as well? 

That AW01 cardigan is very nice, also keen to see the Y's Pitti Uomo long shirt. In fact they are all great Runway pieces. 

Please post :)

Thanks! Indeed, size 1 from Y! 100% cotton fabric.

David that cardigan is one of my (unfortunately many) grails, and it's the piece I told you about a while ago. It's really incredible, only thing I can complain about is that is a size 3, size 2 would probably be best for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads