• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

vlad-s

Reaction score
I want to thank Davidlee for pointing out the stumbling block of center creases in pants. For me, this (lack of) detail just did not register at all when observing fits here or elsewhere, nor when assessing my own efforts of imitation. Among my own collection of second hand trousers every pair that could fall into the category of "suit pants" has come with creases. I can understand, though, how pretty much zero drycleaners are going to see the label and know the best treatment for the garment in it's intended environment.

zapatiste

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/kind-u/item/051204001222/

cinched waist jacket in a beautiful brown tweed fabric

Only thing is, there is a fatal issue (no clue what it means
puzzled.gif
)

Quote: The unique design is characteristic. A silhouette is Yoji ならではですね in loose, too. As for feeling of wearing, it is supposed, but, as for the fatal damage, is not supposed. 

slstr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think that's just meant to mean there's no serious damage to it, but it has been slightly worn.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
must resist urge to buy :D

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If anyone knows how this F/W season jackets fit, the one available on Barneys or La Garconne, "double layer," please let me know. Not sure if I should stick with size 3 or size down to 2.

i.e. double front jacket

Anyone? TIA

Last edited:

vlad-s

Reaction score
A translation of the listing previoiusly mentioned by zapatiste:

Quote:

Literally, "sign of use is able to be caught sight of, but fatal damage, etc, is not able to be caught sight of."

They definitely aren't saying there is a fatal issue. Rather, they are saying they don't see one. This doesn't necessarily mean that there isn't one that they don't see or don't choose to see, but that seems unlikely, and I would assume in this case that the pictures accurately portray the state of the garment.

davidlee388

Reaction score
YYPH AW05 is irresistible.

YYPH AW05 Look 20 Studded Blazer - ( HN-J57-121 ) 50/45/5 cotton/wool/nylon blend, thick flannel wool texture, sleeves + half-body in cupro. Size 2, boxy fit, superb peak lapels, 2B closure. 2 back vents. Black anodized metal studs on lapels, chest pocket, pocket flaps, vents and 4 stud non working cuffs ( unusual ). Leather dart inserts on bottom pockets.

YYPH AW05 Look 20 Shirt Knit Hybrid ( HN-B12-030 ) - 100% cotton medium weight shirting fabric. Size 3, white, the top section is a cropped shirt, 4 white button closure, 2B cuffs, 100% wool inserts on collar and cuffs, completely detachable. Bottom section features detachable front + rear knit hybrid/apron/skirt panels. 67 buttons in total for the whole piece. Numerous ways to style, worn here with front panel buttoned over.

YYPH SS10 Studio Collection Look 3 Cuffed Pants ( **-P12-008 ) - black 100% dry hand cotton, size 2 huge waist, 2 back patch pockets, non-elastic banded fabric cuffs.

Basic SS Tee, CDG H+ Belt, Pataugas Leather 6 eyelet combats.

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think someone may like this one:

size 3 fit 46
i'm 44, wear as oversized coat in cold days.Gorgeous details, perfect with a gray scarf
100% laine wool
condition 10/10

360USD +Shipping

Would pick it up myself but I'm waiting out for other things

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads