1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ivwri, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

I really like everything I have seen from the Regulation line. Thanks for posting these photos StevenE.

Arche you make me wish I lived in a place that would justify owning one of those wraps, hehe.

So many awesome pieces available for sale right now (and in my size!). Wonder whether everyone is gearing up for SS13 purchases :devil:. Wish I had some money right now actually, some pieces I would love to get from various peeps.

Been messing about in this courtyard space in my office and think it could become my new photo spot. Unfortunately there's nowhere to place a camera, but I am looking into that. Pardon the iPhone pics, but I can't find my camera charger :(.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

- SS09 3-button jacket (HV-J19-305) 74 Linen/26 Cupro with a silk & ramie mesh lining underneath the lapels. Great jacket, I love how it rumples and the sleeve length makes it one of my faves. Posted before I believe.
    - AW11 high waisted pants w/ suspender buttons 100% cotton. Another iteration of the cinchable high-waisted pants that Yohji seems to do often. I already posted in great detail about this before so won't go into that again. Probably my most worn pair of Yohji pants as they can transform into so many configurations (cinched, belted and folded like today, cinched no belt and folded or worn high, worn with suspenders etc.).
    - AW12 extra-long cinch-buckle leather belt.
    - Y's for men boots cow (I believe) leather no idea what season.

Woah, I think I just remembered where I kept the charger as I was posting this, lol. :slayer:

6 people like this.
  2. davidlee388

davidlee388 Senior member

Ivwri killing it as usual :)
    I am in a bit of anticlimax right now regarding SS13 after HK. However I am saving the Look 12 wool gab Balloon Blazer till the Cambon sale to " build " our relationship.

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

YYPH AW07 Knit Insert Stand Collar Blazer - ( HX-J36-100 ) - non runway, 100% black wool gab, size 3, 5 horn button closure, stand collar with a cutaway style, buttonless cuffs. usual 3 inside pockets. Button placket/front section + 2 faux flapped pockets in dark grey thick 90/10 wool/nylon knit. Great construction + silhouette.

YYPH AW04 Zipper Cropped Pants - ( HJ-P37-014 ) - in black, 100% thick grade cotton. size 3 huge waist. Adjustable hem length via 2 riri zippers per leg.

YYPH AW11 Monkey Boots - ( HP-E05-754 ), black, size 2, 15 eyelet lace closure, Vibram soles.

SS Tee, CDG H+ belt.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
    6 people like this.
  3. StevenE

StevenE Senior member

[​IMG]

Drake. At least now I know what not to buy.

EDIT: PS you look lovely.

4. dantebykiko

dantebykiko Senior member

because Drake its wearing y-3 means its not good? i don't get the point..

2 people like this.
  5. StevenE

StevenE Senior member

No because it means if you ran into drake you'd match and feel really embarrassed.

1 person likes this.
  6. dantebykiko

don't worry, i doubt you will ran into him anytime soon.

2 people like this.
  7. StevenE

StevenE Senior member

On another note, I see the ebay seller here appears to have misread the S on the label for a 5. Nice jacket, I hope the eventual winner doesn't end up disappointed with the sizing...

8. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

Ivwri, your inability to crosspost your fits onto the WAYWT thread is going to force me to follow this thread :fu:

9. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

lmao, to the dark side you must come. Yes! :D

1 person likes this.
  10. surver

surver Well-Known Member

china's The OUTLOOK Magazine's april 2013 issue is dedicated to yohji and edited by him:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. davidlee388

Thanks for that! Can you upload more pages please? It should be an interesting read :nodding:

12. Arche

Arche Senior member

Can anyone remind me whether Yohji has, in any previous seasons, made any extra long waistcoats/vests? By long, I mean ones that hang down below waist-level, and can be worn with a shirt underneath, without tucking the shirt in. I have a vague memory of having seen something like this in either a runway photo, or a photo of someone wearing YYPH, but I can't recall where.

13. surver

surver Well-Known Member

1 person likes this.
  14. surver

surver Well-Known Member

Art Complex by Yohji Yamamoto - A Beauty Looking Back(見返り美人)

[​IMG]

15. davidlee388

Not sure what you really meant. A waistcoat the doesn't sit on the waist is not strictly called that, no? Besides if you are wearing a long shirt untucked under a waistcoat, there's nothing wrong aesthetically having the shirt poking out...

Anyway you may want to look at SS11 Look 17 & 26 to draw some inspiration. However those have a slim silhouette, I could wear a sz 4 when I tried in LN-CC.

16. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

I think Arche may be referring to the double waistcoat from AW12? -

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. dantebykiko

18. davidlee388

A long waistcoat he asked for, one that finishes below the waist to hide an untucked shirt... when a shirt untucked can easily go past your butt....

19. dantebykiko

waistcoat/vest

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. the shah

the shah Senior member

nice, that's the one i thought of when i read his post. the theological look :cool: