1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ivwri, Dec 29, 2011.

1. wireartists

wireartists Well-Known Member

^it was a guy who bought one suit from me, the name matches with an SZ screen name, he even picked the wrong fabric,,, there was a proper fit pic of the suit + HELLO runway pics???? we all now how much we like our garments to be recognized in the runway (myself less and less though)

2. valter

valter Senior member

Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
    3 people like this.
  3. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

I believe the jacket i have is from that collection. Same sort of line pattern embrodery (1994 jacket). Where can I see more of that collection? firstview doesnt go further back than 95

4. davidlee388

davidlee388 Senior member

From a while ago.

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

YYPH SS06 Look 28 Multi-pocket Vest - ( HR-V02-200 ) - posted before, sz 2, 100% rayon, deep black, Yohji buttons, open back with 2 buckles, 8 pockets.

YYPH SS06 Metal Button Suit
    [FONT=Helvetica, Arial, clean, sans-serif]Blazer:- ( HR-J32-211 ) - sz 2, deep black, 55/45 rayon/ramie, soft hand fabric. Half-lined in cupro, narrow notch lapels, bespoke SS06 metal buttons, 1B closure, 3B non-working cuffs, 2 slit pockets. rounded shouldered silhouette. Roomy fit.
    Pants:- ( HR-P19-211 ) - sz 2, metal button closure, 4 horn button fly. Jeans construction with additional big thigh pockets. Slim ( by Yohji standard ) silhouette.[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, clean, sans-serif]Uniqlo, CDG H+ belt, Converse. [/FONT]

3 people like this.
  5. stadsvandringar

stadsvandringar Active Member

Just a heads up, I'm the one selling the ss13 jacket. I like it a lot but my wife is uncompromising that I get rid of it, so there you go. If anyone's interested I am always willing to entertain reasonable offers.

Also, the jacket is definitely not OS, but the 3 and 4 fit even bigger, believe it or not, and this could easily accommodate what would be an XL by any other brand.

6. dantebykiko

dantebykiko Senior member

those kimono/raglan wide sleeves makes the jacket OS as there its no proper shoulder/chest point to hold and justify the shape of the garment. i would love one of the shirts with this cut, conduit has one in black i think. fantastic.

7. Arche

Arche Senior member

Well, I have, yet again, been surprised at how what seems like a relatively simple garment, can come alive when worn. I've just received one of the AW 2012 black cotton mantles. Initially when I saw them in runway pictures, I was intrigued, but I wasn't sure how I felt about them, and whether I could see myself actually wearing one. Then I saw Valter's amazing layered fit pic from a while ago, and I was impressed at how he took something which could, with certain outfits, look perhaps excessively "dandyish" and costume-like, and made it look timelessly stylish (I suppose that a truly timeless piece of clothing is precisely one that can appear fresh and exciting in many historical contexts.) Anyway, I've been keeping my eye out for one since then, and with great luck, I managed to pick up one in good condition for a reasonable price. I actually couldn't tell from the seller's photos, whether this was one of the mantles with sleeves, like Valter's, so I was very pleased, when it arrived, to find that it was. I think this adds yet another range of styling possibilities. This is just a quick fit pick. I'm only wearing it with a long YYPH linen shirt underneath, and various other YYPH pieces, because it's too hot put anything more underneath, even for a photo. I'll try a few more photos with more interesting layers later. This is really a phenomenal piece. Very soft and warm cotton, with a lovely heavy drape, and so many different ways to wear it! The great thing is that it combines a really striking style with luxurious comfort (it feels like wearing a really soft blanket). I have a feeling I might have to track down another one of these as a replacement for when this one wears out, because I think this is going to become essential winter-wear from now on[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8 people like this.
  8. davidlee388

I apologise for sounding negative about this Look 19 jacket ( called Raglan Side Pull Parka in Ikkon? ). It's just that I'm quite old school regarding YYPH/Y's and I've lots of Y-3 that I still wear/mix with YY so I'm not drawn to the similar sportive fabric used on this piece. I've seen/handled this and Look 12 Balloon Peak Gab Blazer ( amazing construction ) and I can't get my head round how this Look 19 can cost more in retail.... Anyway no doubt it will find a good home.

@Kiko I agree this style will be much more stellar as a shirt.....and more importantly, in black. Btw Ikkon stocks that nylon jacket in sz 2,3 & 4.

1 person likes this.
  9. kingsolomon

kingsolomon Member

Love this thread. Sat down for about 5 days just read all of it. I'm really glad I did. Immensely helpful; especially the Yohji in the 80s.
    So many great looks here. I'll definitely be staying here for a while.
    Keep it up.

2 people like this.
  10. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

Received the AW11 cotton blazer today. Thoughts?

Pants are KVA. Not sure if I should hem, taper, roll... Advice appreciated. They are rolled a bunch in the scarf photo. I let out most of the roll in the other photos because I thought it looked better. Last photo is Y's t-shirt circa 09. Really thick and comfy long sleeve tee with a soft hand. Grey shirt is an EG Chauncey. Boots are F&B. I should be wearing my clunkier Tricker's that Asobu recommended with this, but I left them at my parents' house. :(
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. davidlee388

You bought the AW11 Look 1 in black from orphée on SZ? He's a super seller btw, very honest and communicative. AW11 was a funny season where some blazers/coats were only made in sz 1,3 & 5 ( I'm sz 2, so put me off Y! bidding on them ) so not sure if Look 1 was one of them. A lot of cotton pieces that season ( handled in Conduit ) were thick brushed cotton type, yours like that? Wish you shot your pics in better light but the silhouette was good. Fitted like the Runway's.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  12. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

Yeah, he was great to deal with. Offered me a good price without haggling and shipped it in a LNCC black box!

Yeah, it's really thick. I wasn't sure how I'd like the cotton, but I'm really glad I picked it up. I need to figure out how to mount my iphone somewhere and set the timer. Can't really get any good light the way I'm doing it. Thanks for the comments.

13. wireartists

wireartists Well-Known Member

14. cupper

cupper Senior member

15. davidlee388

That's been there for ages, don't know why it hasn't been snapped up.

SZ's H-R's AW07 Double Lapel Blazer is crazy good too on eBay.

So are all the stuff on Wire.Artist's & Asobu's SZ Classified and Valter's on eBay.

16. StevenE

StevenE Senior member

1 person likes this.
  17. davidlee388

That's the delimma of listing interesting items here. Great for info sharing but unfortunately the exposure will mean a bidding war. Fellow interested SFers can always agree among themselves on the max they're gonna bid. The trouble is the seller is also a SFer who wants to get the most for his item.

Well good luck anyway. Promise I won't be your bidding rival :)

18. Arche

Arche Senior member

Yes, Valter's got some great stuff on Ebay. I particularly like the tailcoat. Tempted by it, but I think it might be a bit big at the shoulders. Also, I think, given the weather here, it would be more practical to pick up one in a lighter fabric.

Another parcel just arrived: a pair of loose, drawstring trousers from SS 2010 (I think). They are very simple, but constructed of a beautiful dark grey cotton/silk blend, very light and moves beautifully. Wore them out the other day with the long grey linen shirt I got a while back. They match perfectly colour-wise, and make a great outfit for a hot day.

1 person likes this.
  19. Arche

Arche Senior member

Here's another pic of the mantle, this time with a different, more voluminous, outfit underneath: Y's loose gabardine trousers, Hussein Chalayan shirt, YYPH vest. I'm not sure what to call this look . . . . maybe "Dr. Van Helsing, Hipster Hunter."

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  20. StevenE

StevenE Senior member

By all means bid away one and all. I'll have no hard feelings if I lose (and short of no one else seeing the auction somehow I'm bound to lose- its only a shame it wasn't put on a week later, by which time I'd have had a wage packet thru.) Some things aren't meant to be. Besides, if I won my max price would be criminal, I'd feel guilty, frankly.

Anyway, some sweet REGULATION looks from the YYR facebook. I'm especially taken with specially the third one down.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The womens' trainers have turned out great! - certainly looking far better on than off. I liked the trainer-only pictures they uploaded earlier in the month, but they did require a bit of an imaginative leap... They've pulled it off, I think.

Less sold on the hi-tops though. Hardly awful design in themselves, but I struggle to see how anyone could wear them with an outfit, they don't even seem to have managed to pull that trick off on the official lookbook photo (below). And they wouldn't look out of place in an early 90s episode of Power Rangers. Saying that, Power Rangers was amazing back then.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.