1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ivwri, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

Just purchased this cotton blazer on SZ. Anybody know what season it's from?

[​IMG]

2. cupper

cupper Senior member

Caveat I would say AW08 but I'm probably wrong. Ask the seller what's the code printed on the tag.

3. wireartists

wireartists Well-Known Member

aw11 i think

kiko, that suit rocks.

I've seen quite a lot of sz 1's in y!, yohji wears some sz 3 garments ( I said that)

Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
  4. rudo

rudo Member

It's AW11. I believe Atelier had it.

5. dantebykiko

dantebykiko Senior member

6. the shah

the shah Senior member

kiki that db suit is oustanding

lovely pickup too Caveat, fits quite slim according to description !

7. dantebykiko

alfonso is right. aw11 look1 in black cotton. i have size 1 jacket from ss07 and it fits okey not too slim. i doubt yohji makes size1 so he can wear it :D there are very small japanese people who like yohji and size 1 looks on them as size 3 looks on model.
    [​IMG]/

8. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

Thanks so much guys, especially kiko for the runway shot. Even more pumped about it now.

9. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

I was looking at those leg warmers too

I may just combine some type of tights + cropped pants with my Yohji knit in F/W '13
    Seems like a real cool idea and I like the whole layered visual apperance with shorts + tights.

Please post a clearer photo Shah when you decide to incorporate the new piece in an outfit.

edit:
    The suspender pants are also really cool but linen
    Need some F/W pants

10. dantebykiko

just coming to check if anyone on here was biding on the aw04 zipper trousers that were on ebay? sorry if you did. i won them and FINALLY after 3-4 fails i completed my aw04 zipper suit....

11. Arche

Arche Senior member

Congratulations on scoring those zipper trousers, kiko! Do you mean the size 4 ones that just finished on Ebay? I was tempted, but decided not to bid in the end, since I already have what seems to be an almost identical pair. Knowing the drama you had with the other zipper trousers, I'm really glad I didn't bid! I'll be interested to hear more about them. The seller claims that they are 100% wool, but the ones I have, which look identical to the ones on Ebay, are a blend of 65% wool/ 35 % nylon, which makes them very tough, and goes well with the zipper feature, though for that reason makes them move less fluidly than some of my other Yohji trousers.

On the subject of long sought for items, my Yohji grail-quest has started focusing more and more on two items. I am desperate to get either of the following suits in a size 4. I've seen lots of Yohji outfits that I would love to wear on different occasions, and this applies to some of my more formal YYPH purchases (e.g. the long coat from the Gypsy collection); but I could see myself living in either of these two suits more or less permanently. I just love everything about them: elegant, nonchalant, striking and original without being showy . . . If anyone comes across either suit, or any of the pieces individually, in a size 4, and is not possessed by a desire to possess them[​IMG], then please send me a PM.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. onijo84

onijo84 Senior member

Met a local friend of mine and he had this particular YYPH blazer which i found to be something similar to what Iwri has. Kinda interesting fabric which felt like lightweight linen. Thought you guys might be interested. Maybe someone here could have been looking for these. The label had this code HV-J19-305.

13. onijo84

onijo84 Senior member

dbl post.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  14. dantebykiko

the code says 100 so i'm pretty sure they are not blend. i was planning to go very high, didn't want to lose a pair again... and luckily this style are the trousers worn with my jacket on the runway by SUGGS from Madness. now its time to sell few stuff.

15. cupper

cupper Senior member

Congrats Kiko! Speaking of grails...

[​IMG]

My first wool gabardine pants :bounce2:

3 people like this.
  16. dantebykiko

saw those. really beautiful... i remember missing them out on ebay from an other seller for £90... too dressy for my liking and won't wear them too much but indeed grail...

17. the shah

the shah Senior member

Did you get in that color ? Outstanding. There's a sz2 in black and I recently spotted a dark green...

18. Arche

Arche Senior member

Does anyone know anything about Yohji Yamamoto Gothic Homme. I've come across a very few pieces, and I'm interested to know where it stands in terms of quality relative to Y's for Men, what the focus of it was etc. The name makes it sound like Noir for men.The pieces I've seen have all been shirts, but I haven't been able to handle them in person, so I can't speak for the quality of fabric or construction.

19. davidlee388

davidlee388 Senior member

Grail according to this Yohji Disciple.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. cupper

cupper Senior member

Black, that color is in a different fabric perhaps even more beautiful. never ending search..:laugh: