• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

:)

The jacket and trousers are coming soon
The long johns are v-ave shoe repair (they make some great stuff, great new brand)
The sandals are oak nyc

Last edited:

slstr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dude, that is the best fit i've ever seen from you. Great! those are the CS pants right?
biggrin.gif

davidlee388

Reaction score
David I have auction ending in 18 hours, do you think that will effect it?
If Hide had placed a bid for you already then it's ok as long as no one's outbidding you cos he can't up your bid until at least 6pm Japan time.

I sent SS a bidding request and received an automated reply regarding the maintenance.

Someone on SZ SS Proxy thread mentioned contacting Hide directly on [email protected] as an alternative. I tried 3 hours ago but not heard anything ( but it's past midnight there though! )

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that first picture is beautiful, Ivwri. Love it. Happy to hear you finally got some overalls, they look great.

davidlee388

Reaction score
Just to let all know SharpService is back on ahead of schedule. Hide emailed me back Japan time 2:30pm about bidding so hopefully Kiko you will win your stuff :)

This rare one just came on as well, AW07 Look 13 blazer;-

http://page6.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f116484258

The measurements suggest sze 4? So the tall ones take note.

Last edited:

dantebykiko

Reaction score
I emailed him last night and this morning. No reply, yet. Hopefully my bid will be placed on time as there are 2,5hrs left...

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

davidlee388

Reaction score
To echo Ivwri's brilliant fit with the Ronin Pants, I have received an iteration of them ( one of my many target grails ) lately. Since I don't have an exquisite blazer like that SS09, this is my way of doing it, the all-black way, the Run-way.

YYPH SS08 Look 45 Faux Vest Frock Coat - ( HM-J45-212 ) - Look 45, J45, how apt. 50/50 cupro/bamboo, unique fabric, deep black with a slight sheen, feels like double-layered rayon. Size 2, half body, full sleeves in cupro. Faux vest 8B closure, the attached outer layer being cutaway & open fronted, collar fastened with 1 button + 2 clips. French working cuffs. Chest and side flapped pockets. Long vent at the long back. Super dramatic but super nice. A true Archive piece.

YYPH SS08 Look 43 Suspender Pants - ( HM-P34-071 ) - 100% thick grade all season cotton, size 3, no belt loops with hook closure. Adjustable waist with buttons on each side. Detachable functional braces with 5-way button adjustment. Side, cargo and back pockets all button flapped. Very roomy upper leg with very low crotch, tapered lower leg width adjustable with 9-eyelet lace and zip at the front and back respectively. OTT construction, very thematic, superb silhouette. Dangling braces give extra oomph.

Whilst the pants, with braces or sans, can be worn separately like Ivwri did, the frock is too focused and needs the Ronin pants ( and Look 2 pants I have too ) to harmonize the strong vibe. Not everyday attire, but very coherent and complete for when one's in the mood.

YYPH AW11 Monkey Boots - ( HP-E05-754 ) Size 2, 15 eyelet lace closure, robust Vibram soles.

CDG x H&M Black Cotton LS shirt.

Last edited:

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
David, that picture is overload with cool. I have to look it over several times to really appreciate all that is awesome with it. :slayer:

I'm glad i fit my FP from today right before yours as an edit and not after :D

Last edited:

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wanted to share some pictures I took this AM. I've spoiler-ed them since they are not exactly fit pics. I used to take more photos regularly but now its whenever I can thanks to medical school :embar:

Enjoy!

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
that fit is excellent

may i suggest you unspoiler it and post it on the other side as well !

those gloves look fun but i'd prefer something more contrasting. actually i have navy wool ones and lined black leather for when it gets cold, good enough and i'd like to sell off the attachment fingerless ones as most times i prefer gloveless hands just chilling in the multitude of pockets yohji provides :D

fireflygrave

Reaction score
Hey guys, I need to get a warm winter coat, and as much as I'd like to wait and save for an awesome Yohji piece, it's getting cold here and my old winter coat is missing. Need to get something now, which means cheap. I'm looking at these two uniqlo coats and trying to decide which one would look better. I'll be wearing it with hakamas and yohji stuff as well as more standard pieces.

I'm thinking that the first one will work better with YY (I know it won't be antifit, but i kinda like the slim top/ voluminous bottom look- valter posted a pic of him in hakamas and a blazer that was sort of that way)
. Thoughts? Other suggestions (under $200)?

http://im.uniqlo.com/images/us/pc/goods/073161/item/09_073161.jpg

http://im.uniqlo.com/images/us/pc/goods/073867/item/69_073867.jpg

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I need to get a warm winter coat, and as much as I'd like to wait and save for an awesome Yohji piece, it's getting cold here and my old winter coat is missing. Need to get something now, which means cheap. I'm looking at these two uniqlo coats and trying to decide which one would look better. I'll be wearing it with hakamas and yohji stuff as well as more standard pieces.
I'm thinking that the first one will work better with YY (I know it won't be antifit, but i kinda like the slim top/ voluminous bottom look- valter posted a pic of him in hakamas and a blazer that was sort of that way)
. Thoughts? Other suggestions (under $200)?

http://im.uniqlo.com/images/us/pc/goods/073161/item/09_073161.jpg

http://im.uniqlo.com/images/us/pc/goods/073867/item/69_073867.jpg

Hey! My CS coat should arrive soon, it might end up being a tad bit tight. I wouldnt mind selling it for 100+ shipping (what I got it for) if that turns out to be case. Can't promise tho!

I like the second better I think. But i think it really more so depends on what pieces you own. Get both and try em out and return the lesser?

fireflygrave

Reaction score

Hey! My CS coat should arrive soon, it might end up being a tad bit tight. I wouldnt mind selling it for 100+ shipping (what I got it for) if that turns out to be case. Can't promise tho!
I like the second better I think. But i think it really more so depends on what pieces you own. Get both and try em out and return the lesser?

Is the CS coat black? Keep me in the loop for sure :)

I'm trying to cut down on busy pieces in my wardrobe. I want to focus on silhouette and subtle details, and i'm worried that the cuff straps and buttons, and the neckwarmer attachment, toggles, etc, are too distracting. Not sure yet though!

dantebykiko

Reaction score
benesyed, don't roll those sleeves =) they are ruining the relaxed fit, also with the lapel up makes it tacky. the rest its really nice =) one black on black hi-top converse and you are the man.

fireflygrave, the first its good coat, just buy size bigger and i think it will go well with hakamas etc. the duffle coat its very "heritage" and will look out of place.

david, love that. its very dramatic and intense as you stated at the end of the post. perfect for saturday dressed lunch/dinner up. would love to see it with running shoes, though ;)

few things that i bought/received. all are set-ups. + the aw04 zipper suit.

aw03 handstiched suit

just won my grail suit - ss09.

and for my gf. don't know which year is this from but look beautiful.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads