• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

HarukiUeda

Reaction score
Some unknown force of fate really wants me to collect Yohji's clothes because I thrifted another Yohji piece from a different thrift shop. This is a fantastic vintage shirt with impeccable stitching, interesting construction details, and large flawless MOP buttons. There is no size on this shirt and I could not see anywhere where a tag has been taken off so I am guessing this is a one-size shirt. It has a dropped shoulder seam and the arms are a tad long (1/2 inch) to what I would normally have on my shirts.

There is no product code so does anyone have a clue when this shirt is from and if it fits me? (oh and I found some pants that my mom bought me 8 years ago for a concert and my old highschool Docs. Strange how discovering Yohji has made me take a second look at all of the stuff my mom bought me that I though fit terribly.)

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^ the logo is the older "rounder" script, so pre-2000 I believe. I like the fit.

you look like you're in a Baldessari painting. :)

Last edited:

Guy Burgess

Reaction score
shah - i like it but i too have a soft spot for everything floral

Last edited:

davidlee388

Reaction score
Quote Isn't the product code normally on the flip side of that tag? It looks like a wrinkly kinda cotton fabric....

No problem with the fit from your pictures. If you think it fits then it fits anyway.

Last edited:

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The "rounder" signature on the tag means pre-aw91, so no codes (at least not on the tags) at that time. $4 for that shirt is great, but $40 for that dual layer aw05 jacket is just insane. :slayer:

davidlee388

Reaction score
The "rounder" signature on the tag means pre-aw91, so no codes (at least not on the tags) at that time. $4 for that shirt is great, but $40 for that dual layer aw05 jacket is just insane.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
You are right about the label character type, Yohji bible as always
smile.gif

Actually Haruki if the rider was bought for $40 and you aint 100% happy with the size 4 fit ( sleeve issue... ) You can always sell it here or on eBay for 10 times that easily as long as you don't say how much you acquired it for...

Last edited:

slstr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haruki where are you thrifting all these?
I want in, those are two insanely lucky finds.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ya dawg cut me a slstr in, if you find any loot you dont want to keep flip it to us

#poor-hjisquad

Last edited:

slstr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I ever become super rich I'll just donate all my unwanted nice clothes to thrift stores instead of selling them, it's awesome finding designer clothes in thrift stores rather than just crappy suits and old flannels.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

slstr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads