Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ivwri, Dec 29, 2011.

1. slstr

slstr Senior member

Just between small and medium, tend to go with small.
    I do like the Cos shirt! I would just prefer one minus the hidden placket. (forgot to mention that) but if there are none available for the same price/quality, I think I might get it. Would it be possible to cut off the hidden placket?

2. fireflygrave

fireflygrave Senior member

That was me, I do have the jersey cotton. I don't mind that they'll start to lose their pleats (actually, I think since I got them used they have already begun to do this) as clothes wearing as you wear them is part of the fun of it all :D

3. Auburn

Auburn Senior member

Those Cos mandarin shirts are fine for the price. I'm sure it is possible to cut the placket off as long as you are ok with the fraying, but why not just buy one of their mandarin shirts with a normal placket?

4. dantebykiko

dantebykiko Senior member

the video changed everything. it moves so beautiful and i always loved how the asymmetric edge of his dress/coats etc, when they move and drape you think it will hit the floor but it never does. fascinating.

and this

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012

5. slstr

slstr Senior member

the only ones with a normal placket that I can see are either completely collarless, so look a bit too much like t-shirts to me, or only have buttons to about half way down. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

How do you guys think it would look if I just cut the collar off one of their regular cotton shirts like this?

[​IMG]

I think a frayed band collar would look pretty awesome [​IMG]

anyway, I'm going a bit off topic here, dante, those videos are beautiful.

6. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

Here is an option but it might be more $$ than cos
    http://www.yoox.com/us/38261072FR/item?dept=men#sts=sr_men80&cod10=38261072FR&sizeId=5

I like the beige piping. I think it would look good on black trousers with that cream blazer dante had up.

I can post some pics of the shirt I got. I was planning on just losing the weight to fit into it haha :D. But chances are that wont work. I got it for roughly 30 bucks and would sell it for that + shipping.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012

7. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

I've done it, and I believe Parker has even posted some pictures of himself wearing them, as well. I think it looks cool, but I like frayed stuff.

8. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

ive done that too. it didnt come out too frayed since i took the stitches out and then removed the collar (instead of just cutting the collar off)

9. dantebykiko

had to pick up the ss12 shirt from customs last week and pay 20 euros [​IMG]but anyway, quite please with it. not everyday shirt but who cares.

ss12
    ss99
    ss12

[​IMG][​IMG]

10. davidlee388

davidlee388 Senior member

YYPH x Paris Metro
    [​IMG]

YYPH x Paris Metro Take #2

[​IMG]

The Invitation

[​IMG]

The Wait
    [​IMG]

The Runway - Models' POV
    [​IMG]

The Runway - Press Photographers' POV
    [​IMG]

After the show - Runway Models ( so tall, well over 1.80m )

[​IMG]

YY Runway Wannabe ( sadly way too short )

[​IMG]

Closest that's allowed to get to the 1.65m great man ( damn security ) and his legendary daughter ( both small in statue, big on talent and charisma ), super AW12 red dress in the background.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

11. Auburn

Auburn Senior member

This is something I've always wondered, but how does one get an invitation to a large scale fashion show? The pics are wonderful!

12. dantebykiko

13. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

Mandarin Collar shirt i recently got, its a tad tight on me so I am considering selling it if i dont lose the weight i want to lose in the next two weeks/if that doesnt help. At 171 right now, want to hit 166 ish :).

I got it for pretty cheap too. Like 30 bucks + shipping. So I would unload it for that much.

[​IMG]

14. stadsvandringar

stadsvandringar Active Member

Not that it's on topic, but for those of you looking for a mandarin collar shirt to pair with your yohji (aside from those yohji makes of course), I would recommend issey miyake. Miyake has made these types of shirts for a number of years. They were very popular, I believe, in the 90s and are readily available on ebay or secondhand in Japan for a reasonable price. The quality is very good and the aesthetic is much closer to yohji than some of the other brands mentioned.

15. dantebykiko

very good point. i bought white issey shirt couple of months ago from ebay for £15.... blends perfectly with my yohji garments.

PS: just had quick look on rakuten for issey stuff. i really like this suit: http://item.rakuten.co.jp/brand-kakaku-jfa/w11951/
    the price its fantastic and the quality/fit won't be far off yohji's. lovely texture!

also found the shirt type that i own. mine is white: http://item.rakuten.co.jp/brand-kakaku-jfa/y00762f/

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012