• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

slstr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just between small and medium, tend to go with small.
I do like the Cos shirt! I would just prefer one minus the hidden placket. (forgot to mention that) but if there are none available for the same price/quality, I think I might get it. Would it be possible to cut off the hidden placket?

fireflygrave

Reaction score

On a totally different note, someone brought up the subject of the Hakamas losing their pleats. Mine are nearly completely gone....are yours 010 cotton jersey? I have a feeling the gabardine version retains the pleats better.

That was me, I do have the jersey cotton. I don't mind that they'll start to lose their pleats (actually, I think since I got them used they have already begun to do this) as clothes wearing as you wear them is part of the fun of it all :D

dantebykiko

Reaction score
the video changed everything. it moves so beautiful and i always loved how the asymmetric edge of his dress/coats etc, when they move and drape you think it will hit the floor but it never does. fascinating.

and this

Last edited:

slstr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those Cos mandarin shirts are fine for the price. I'm sure it is possible to cut the placket off as long as you are ok with the fraying, but why not just buy one of their mandarin shirts with a normal placket?
the only ones with a normal placket that I can see are either completely collarless, so look a bit too much like t-shirts to me, or only have buttons to about half way down. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

How do you guys think it would look if I just cut the collar off one of their regular cotton shirts like this?

I think a frayed band collar would look pretty awesome
shog[1].gif

anyway, I'm going a bit off topic here, dante, those videos are beautiful.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is an option but it might be more $$ than cos
http://www.yoox.com/us/38261072FR/item?dept=men#sts=sr_men80&cod10=38261072FR&sizeId=5

I like the beige piping. I think it would look good on black trousers with that cream blazer dante had up.

I can post some pics of the shirt I got. I was planning on just losing the weight to fit into it haha :D. But chances are that wont work. I got it for roughly 30 bucks and would sell it for that + shipping.

Last edited:

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I think a frayed band collar would look pretty awesome 

I've done it, and I believe Parker has even posted some pictures of himself wearing them, as well. I think it looks cool, but I like frayed stuff.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ive done that too. it didnt come out too frayed since i took the stitches out and then removed the collar (instead of just cutting the collar off)

dantebykiko

Reaction score
had to pick up the ss12 shirt from customs last week and pay 20 euros
cloud.gif
but anyway, quite please with it. not everyday shirt but who cares.

ss12
ss99
ss12

davidlee388

Reaction score
YYPH x Paris Metro

YYPH x Paris Metro Take #2

The Invitation

The Wait

The Runway - Models' POV

The Runway - Press Photographers' POV

After the show - Runway Models ( so tall, well over 1.80m )

YY Runway Wannabe ( sadly way too short )

Closest that's allowed to get to the 1.65m great man ( damn security ) and his legendary daughter ( both small in statue, big on talent and charisma ), super AW12 red dress in the background.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mandarin Collar shirt i recently got, its a tad tight on me so I am considering selling it if i dont lose the weight i want to lose in the next two weeks/if that doesnt help. At 171 right now, want to hit 166 ish :).

I got it for pretty cheap too. Like 30 bucks + shipping. So I would unload it for that much.

stadsvandringar

Reaction score
Not that it's on topic, but for those of you looking for a mandarin collar shirt to pair with your yohji (aside from those yohji makes of course), I would recommend issey miyake. Miyake has made these types of shirts for a number of years. They were very popular, I believe, in the 90s and are readily available on ebay or secondhand in Japan for a reasonable price. The quality is very good and the aesthetic is much closer to yohji than some of the other brands mentioned.

dantebykiko

Reaction score
Not that it's on topic, but for those of you looking for a mandarin collar shirt to pair with your yohji (aside from those yohji makes of course), I would recommend issey miyake. Miyake has made these types of shirts for a number of years. They were very popular, I believe, in the 90s and are readily available on ebay or secondhand in Japan for a reasonable price. The quality is very good and the aesthetic is much closer to yohji than some of the other brands mentioned.
very good point. i bought white issey shirt couple of months ago from ebay for £15.... blends perfectly with my yohji garments.

PS: just had quick look on rakuten for issey stuff. i really like this suit: http://item.rakuten.co.jp/brand-kakaku-jfa/w11951/
the price its fantastic and the quality/fit won't be far off yohji's. lovely texture!

also found the shirt type that i own. mine is white: http://item.rakuten.co.jp/brand-kakaku-jfa/y00762f/

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads