1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ivwri, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

Recent acquisition!

[​IMG]

if any of the experts could help me ID it would be muco gracias.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
  2. davidlee388

davidlee388 Senior member

You have the tag code?

3. TWorksheets

TWorksheets Senior member

Have you received this already? I was eyeing it up too but the sleeve length seemed very short or something if I remember correctly

4. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

From underarm to underarm approx 24"
    From back of neck down approx 32"
    Sleeve approx 27"

you must have some reallllllly long arms. How tall are you tw?

Dont have the tag code, pmed the seller about it. I should have it pretty soon anyway though so ill look myself. The seller is from the same state as me so I expect a day or two from when he ships?

Cool fact, he got it from Charivari boutique!

5. Arche

Arche Senior member

Continuing on from my recent acquisition of the "parachute" jacket, I've just bought another fairly eccentric piece, this time from F/W 2006. I really like this whole collection, and I missed out on a long coat with the same kind of ornamentation a while back on Y!, so I'm really excited to pick this one up. It won't arrive for at least a week, and in the meantime I'd be really interested to know if anyone has any more detailed information about it. All I know is that it is 100% wool, and that the ornamentation around the collar etc. is silk. Does anyone know what kind of fabric it is? Is it wool gabardine? Given that it's an A/W piece, I assume it's a reasonably heavy fabric, and it looks fairly solid, but it's hard to determine with any certainty from the runway pics. Also, does anyone know if all those slits on the front are pockets? Or are they, perhaps, actual slits akin to the ones on the striped blazer, from the same collection, that David has? David, I seem to remember you saying something about being able to thread a scarf through the slits on your blazer.

[​IMG]

6. asobu

asobu Senior member

^they did those in several iterations but it said flannel wool in the listing for that particular auction so... well, I'm guessing it's not gabardine. The slits probably go through, so not pockets. Never liked the styling with the silk scarves through the slits, there was another blazer in the same collection that was done better in this regard. they're kinda cool as just slits though.

bene, that one is aw94.

7. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

8. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

Business must be good in the Ivwri household. :nodding: I think those are the only ones my flat feet could handle from that selection, but man..2250 retail.

9. dantebykiko

dantebykiko Senior member

ss01 first look.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

oh not of the size 2 i meant the one i got from 94! Nothing wrong with some runway pics though :D

11. dantebykiko

[​IMG]
    @ limi's outlet store.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  12. the shah

the shah Senior member

Just arrived to find the cashmere cropped from valter thanks homie!! Barely cropped as they're quite long and sz4 but the fabric is deliciously soft lush thick goodness me
    Also lying in wait was the priest shirt omg :drool:

4 people like this.
  13. davidlee388

Kiko is right, SS01 but not look 1, different embroidery on a different panel + unflapped " expandable " pockets ( 3-D ). I actually tried the same blazer on in sz 2 in Rex Woo's " showroom " back in March, semi regretting that I've not bought it. But then I've purchased 8 pcs for me and my wife so had to be sensible!

Great blazer though, longish sleeves but with short, boxy silhouette.

14. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

15. davidlee388

The fabric of my AW06 is 90/10 wool/nylon, the same as that used extensively in AW05. It even feels the same with a woven texture. But if those on this ( OTT but nice ) blazer are slits, don't assume it will be very warm lol. I concur with Asobu I'm not fond of the scarf thru look, the slits just give the option. I do like the closure arrangement of my blazer, like a fencing jacket.

I know one of the experts on this thread is on the hunt for one of those AW06 coats, his grail....but so so dear on Y!.

16. fireflygrave

fireflygrave Senior member

shah i am still so envious that you snagged a priest shirt, it's one of my most wanted items! Post a fit soon :D

1 person likes this.
  17. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

^ seconded and btw shah, requested FPs do not go towards your final fp countdown. Just fyi :happy:

Also, a different pic of a fit i posted in waywt, i think worn this way is more yohji.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  18. dantebykiko

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

tokyo purchases: aw09 skirt, ss12 ls, ss03 polo.

7 people like this.
  19. blackakira

blackakira Member

whats up guys,
    [​IMG]

hey bene, i remember you saying sometime ago about how 'incongruent' you felt of the choices of frames you've seen on people in yohji's clothes. this is just my opinion but your frame looks odd in relation to what you're wearing. to me they look like a pair, kanye dons on his face but in clear lens form. your recent awesome haul of items would definitely look stronger of you with a change of that i believe.

here's a different more general thought. who do you guys think could fill that gap that yohji fills (garments that reflect soul and have this ability to imbue dignity and strength onto those who wear it)? it isn't about who could take over yohji's company when his time is up but more about the take over of the metaphorical throne yohji holds in my heart and definitely a lot of you guys here. i personally feel ann d. is that person. the gestures that ann weaves into her garments aren't the same as yohji but to me, they have that same quality that would inspire me to give up some money. is anybody on the same wavelength as me?

Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
    2 people like this.
  20. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

agreed on the glasses. i think my old pair are better. I will keep looking. these were more for when i am not wearing yohji. I just end up wearing them anyway sine the lens is new and not scratched up.

and idk. there are other designers that i enjoy but not with the same fondness. I think IM is up there. CdG is really inconsistent. I respect what RK does but sometimes i just cant personally get behind it. More so the issue with Ann D.

Surprisingly EA, esp recently has items (esp woolen) that I really appreciate. Whether they had that in mind intentionaly or if its my perversion of their sizing strategy; idk :)

A couple of the looks from the AW12 from IM that i really liked:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 17, 2012