Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ivwri, Dec 29, 2011.

1. cupper

cupper Senior member

David you bought this one?
    I got the same from Japan but it's a sample (fabric code 067) so I' don't know what's the fabric but Hervia states 55% cotton 45% cupro.

2. Urthwhyte

Urthwhyte Senior member

subsidized by yoox's massive margins

3. dantebykiko

dantebykiko Senior member

i haven't checked hervia. what's the feeling? formal or more relaxed everyday white shirt. it look really nice in the show tucked in and the folding it's pretty awesome and i can actually afford it at price point of £85.

[​IMG]

4. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

what does yoox have to do with forward :eh:

5. davidlee388

davidlee388 Senior member

Yes cupper, HB-B55-067 size 2, not a runway piece and someone was braindead at Hervia, cos it's 100% sure 100% cotton. I got a cheeky 80% off retail by asking in the shop [​IMG]

6. davidlee388

I wouldn't call a very relaxed fit ( apparently Look 1 is massive even in sz 1 ) but not formal I would say with a hood on a collarless shirt. Quite cool and irresistible at the price I paid ( circa £120 ). The one Forward sold ( you got it now? ) is Look 41 I think right but it won't be a million miles away in terms of fabric.

7. dantebykiko

dantebykiko Senior member

yes, i bought it already. my classmate has look 1 and look 2 shirts, if it's something closer to that i would be very happy. regarding the size... even size 5 will be okey, i will make it work somehow..

8. stadsvandringar

stadsvandringar Active Member

Wow, once the forward link was posted their stuff immediately sold out. Too bad for me...

9. Urthwhyte

Urthwhyte Senior member

I...I need more coffee. I read your post, clicked on the link, made a purchase, and never once realised I was on Forward and not The Corner.

10. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

Haha doesn't matter just use tulip and have fun ! Revolve (the Forward parent site) probably sells enough to compensate, there's a third one in the group that I forget now...

Hopefully you guyare right and the jacket is wool gabardine one and not cotton, I don't want more cotton for now!

11. LTTP

LTTP Senior member

sslightly OT but for a short amount of time this month, yoox had some Helmut Lang ss04-5 stuff. I have no idea where this stuff comes from, I wonder if some store unloaded an archive or something.

12. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

Anyone know how to size on coming soon, some pretty interesting blazers on yoox

I ordered a 40 (im 5 9 and 172 lbs on the muscular side). I figured that would be the best to get the right oversized look?

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  13. LTTP

LTTP Senior member

My wife has a couple of things (couple of tees, shirts, a jacket), they're all tts, no real surprises or oddity in the way it's cut.

14. davidlee388

Silent but contented look ( this one I can take off without dropping my pants....just kidding Mr K [​IMG])

[​IMG][​IMG]
    YYPH AW09 Zipped Cardigan ( HZ-K32-953 ) - non Runway piece, AW09 had so many great knits. 61/21/18 wool/nylon/alpaca blend, very soft yet chunky. Size 3, very long body, very very long sleeves, just roll them. Black in sleeves and shoulders, raglan sleeves, 2 bottom pockets, plastic double zip ( playable silhouette ) cumulating to big collars and a fold-down/stand collar look. Multi-colour front and back panels, great construction, warm and comfortable.

[​IMG]

Fold down collar look

[​IMG]

YYPH SS05 Look 11 Linen Jeans ( HY-P52-311 ) - posted before, dasrk grey. size 2, 100% crackle finished linen, quite unique. Huge back patch pockets, un-jeans like cut ( roomy )

YYPH AW05 Look 10 Monkey Boots ( HN-E07-714 ) - sz 2, brown leather, chunky rubber soles, 10 eyelet ankle boots. Ex-Wire, super well made.

SS Tee and CDG H+ belt

15. cupper

cupper Senior member

Yes that jacket is wool gabardine - fabric code 100.