Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ivwri, Dec 29, 2011.

1. cupper

cupper Senior member

Kiko, could you please elaborate on this?

2. dantebykiko

dantebykiko Senior member

i used to roll my cotton y's pants, because they were very long. but the because the cotton was quite heavy it created chunky rolls which look annoying to me, so i took the scissors and cut them just above the roll. now they are cropped pants, with fraying edges.

3. davidlee388

davidlee388 Senior member

4. dantebykiko

the concept it's cool but i would prefer to own jacket that i can actually take off without sweating around. also wearing belt + suspenders it's stupid. yohji can't get it right everytime right, even with all the elements you named. the shirts are pretty awesome, though, will love to get one of them.

5. Magic1

Magic1 Senior member

where do you guys buy yohji online besides barneys, justoneeye, farfetch, ln-cc, and penelope?

thanks

6. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

ikkon
    hervia bazaar
    vertice london
    atelier new york
    yoox (old stock)
    ebay

actually yoox just posted a bunch of new Ys stuff including some pretty neat blazers and robe/overcoats.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  7. davidlee388

I always wonder where does Yoox get all these old " new " stock from after all these years because they are BNWT.... many of those Y's you mentioned are from the AW05 Pitti Uomo Runway, really really good, constructed just like YYPH. Shame they are mostly not my size, plus they are stupidly dear ( not normally the case ) for what effectively 7 year old stuff. Baffling [​IMG]

8. dantebykiko

just checked y-3 show. couple of really nice looks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. cupper

cupper Senior member

David good to read that about Y's AW05 as I'm waiting for a long shirt from that collection.
    Regarding Yoox, perhaps those items didn't sell the first time around or never had been uploaded because they didn't bother lol.

10. Urthwhyte

Urthwhyte Senior member

david, if you're interested in Yoox's business at all this week's New Yorker has a great article on them.

The pattern on that last Y's dress is great, makes me wish it was offered as a print :embar:

11. repp_fink

repp_fink Well-Known Member

In addition to those Parker listed, I'll also point out that Forward has some good YYPH pieces from time to time. There's a great size 2 jacket currently on sale for $500 (original ~$1300) -- for some reason, Forward describes it as "plush cloth," but it's actually Yohji's signature black gabardine. I have this jacket, and it's a great staple piece; I'd particularly recommend it for those on this thread who're looking for a good entry point into YY's designs.

12. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

i got size 3, don't forget the eternal code tulip :bigstar:

not sure how forward makes money since their sales are so absurd each season and they have free shipping both ways

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  13. dantebykiko

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  14. davidlee388

Hey K, I think it is like the 2 other SS112 shirts that Hervia sold/still selling. I tried both and very nice, regular fit on the Hervia ones though. Fabric code is 067, thin striped cotton. I purchased the buttoned hooded shirt in sz 2 at their break even price I think.

15. davidlee388

I may be guessing but Look 46 is available in the plush cotton ( jersey ) fabric as well as gabardine. I have tried that it on in HK few months back ( HKD 9500 retail ) Judging by the retail of usd 1300 ( cheap for a gab blazer ) it may be the case of using a wrong image?