1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ivwri, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

Thanks for the well wishes and comments guys. Much appreciated.

Thanks. I used to own quite a few sandals as they were what I used to wear mostly, but now I am essentially down to three. Still hunting for the SS12 Damir Doma ankle ones in black :D.

Well, I should be picking up the sunglasses I ordered from them either today or tomorrow so I have definitely not had any problems so far and their process is very straightforward -

Deposit funds, choose bid target, wait, receive email confirming win or loss of bid, money taken from deposit, email requesting you to choose your choice of shipping, pay from deposit or make separate payment, shipping happens...profit :).

Glad to hear someone who has actually used them for more than one purchase though.

1 person likes this.
  2. Guy Burgess

Guy Burgess Senior member

wrong thread

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  3. Guy Burgess

Guy Burgess Senior member

awesome pics just came up on tumblr (maybe it is one of you!)

[​IMG]

Recently leafing through Magnums excellent ‘Magnum Ireland’ I found a surprise near the back as the book moved into the 1990s; a series of strange monochromatic portraits set in rural Connemara, it turns out that In 1993 the famed Japanese clothing designer Yohji Yamamoto commissioned photographer Ferdinando Scianna to shoot non-professional models in Connemara wearing his clothing, the results are fantastic: beyond the clothing they capture the strange, wild timelessness that still exists in Ireland today and (presumably on purpose as he’s a noted influence on Yamamoto) echo the social portraiture of German photographer August Sander.

http://punkysdilemma.tumblr.com/post/35666897804/recently-leafing-through-magnums-excellent-magnum

4. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

Yeah those are really nice! I reblogged the post actually, but dunno who runs the tumblr.

Having some problems with my card issuer so can't use my card online at the moment (really hope I don't miss out on some stuff I want to pick up before they get it working again) or would have picked up the book already.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  5. Arche

Arche Senior member

I have a question for any of you that have picked up a pair of those 2012 low, blue, canvas sneakers. I usually wear an 8 1/2 or EU 43. Any idea which size in these sneakers would be the best for me? I'm still not sure, but I'm considering getting a pair.

6. davidlee388

davidlee388 Senior member

I haven't bought those SS12 but I am sz 41 and wear YY in sz 2 so I think you need sz 4. Sz 3 will be very borderline.

I have a pair of SS09 low top leather sneakers which won't be a million miles away from these SS12.

7. the shah

the shah Senior member

ss12 ones ran tiny, from normally a 43 i took 44 and it still felt snug, but 45 was too roomy, and i guess they weren't up for the task of producing half sizes :laugh:

8. Arche

Arche Senior member

Thanks for that info. Shah, do you recall what 44 and 45 corresponded to in terms of YY sizing? 4 and 5 perhaps?

9. the shah

the shah Senior member

10. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

And is Yohji sized more based on height? 5'9-10 and I'm thinking a 3 may fit. However, I'm usually a slim medium so maybe need a 2.
    2 = 38
    3 = 40?

Not looking at anything but for future reference :eek:

This just popped up...should i??
    [​IMG]

I don't think my body is ready.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
    4 people like this.
  11. davidlee388

This looks like a Y's blazer from the SS08 Collection. Beware of really slim cut for that season, especially small armholes mean chest can be tight and misleading by just looking at the measurements alone.

12. Rylon

Rylon New Member

Hi guys just wanted to ask for some help.

I am purchasing some Yohji trousers towards the end of this month and I am trying to find some oversized plain tees that fit with the aesthetic can anyone point me in the right direction? somewhere fairly cheap as I am hoping to bag a few.

I am a student so unfortunately cannot spend big on an all Yhoji wardrobe but hoping to get a nice coat by Christmas.

Love the thread and thanks in advance.

1 person likes this.
  13. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Forgot I had ordered this. Only thing I am keeping from my recent order :eek:

Size 3 fits well.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
    4 people like this.
  14. eloq

eloq Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

quite interesting to see how he draws the drapery

15. syed

syed Well-Known Member

I'm use Muji t-shirts as a staple. Either their organic cotton ones (they do a longsleeve version too), or the ones that come in the double pack. Sizing up one seems to give a comfy fit, but of course you can size up more. Plus they have their heat control stuff in now, which fits way better (longer sleeves and nicer armholes) than Uniqlo heattech.

16. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

+1 to what syed said about Muji tshirts. I haven't bought anything from them in a while though, but I remember their stuff being pretty nice.

I wouldn't say you needed oversized t-shirts to go with Yohji though. It depends on what you want to go for of course, but I have quite a few round neck t-shirts that look pretty alright with Yohji clothing that I have picked up from a number of different brands. Some are figure hugging and others are cut pretty loose, but none of them would be considered oversized I don't think. Merz B Schwanen makes pretty substantial tshirts and I have a few of those. Probably more expensive than Muji stuff, but I am sure they should be available on sale.

Will take photos of the suit once it arrives.

And as a mini-review of my own experience with Fromjapan, bottom line is I am impressed. Very seamless transaction from start to finish. I chose their safer packaging option and got the sunglasses in this relatively big box filled with bubble wrap, lol. Feel bad as it seemed like such a waste to package a pair of sunglasses in something so big, but the packaging was done very well. So if anyone else feels like using them I can recommend them based on my initial experience. Made the purchase of the zipper suit with them as well so will see whether the second transaction works out.

A possible problem that could come up with them I think is that since some sellers on Y! cancel sales to Y! accounts that are proxies, it is possible that this may happen with their own accounts considering they seem to be named pretty closely to the site name, but I dunno. Just something to think about as well.

5 people like this.
  17. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

Just got these on yoox for 220. Not too bad a price for 100% wool and new(ish) in a size 3

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  18. TWorksheets

TWorksheets Senior member

Sorry to clutter up the thread with this, but I've not had any luck finding the answer myself:

I ordered a YY jacket from Rakuten global, and paid for just the cost of the item at the time of purchase. Yesterday I received an email from the store confirming the additional cost of shipping. Does anyone know if I have to reply to this email with a confirmation? The google translation is ambiguous enough that it seems like I only have to contact them if I want to change something.

Here's the jacket in case someone can offer some info on it's pedigree:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

There is a very nice medium sized yohji silk jacket available. I remember someone was interested in outerwear. PM me and I can send you the link :)

20. davidlee388

Nice blazer with trick lapel, think I've seen this on Y! a while ago. How much you paid for it roughly? For me it's impossible to tell for sure the season but if it's fully lined then likely to be AW, if it has numerical sizing ( pretty sure of it ) then 00s. It may even be AW11.......

Sorry never used Rakuten global so can't help you, for me SharpService all the way despite its recent erratic problems.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2012