1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ivwri, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

2. Auburn

Auburn Senior member

That's a really nice knit but I'm sort of on a saving mission. Thanks for thinking of me though!

3. dantebykiko

dantebykiko Senior member

That's women knit. Also I would suggest keeping auction links to private. I'm sure there are a lot of people checking this thread, which means you increasing the popularity of the item = increasing the chances for more bidders and higher price :))

1 person likes this.
  4. davidlee388

davidlee388 Senior member

You are right on both, if the measurements are to be believed, seriously small for a size 3. But I personally don't subscribe to dibs in auctions. We may all be using similar proxies for Jap auctions which means somewhere along the line, rival bidders will probably know each other's max bids and stay off anyway.

If it's eBay however it'll be different since you are guessing who's bidding what.

5. asobu

asobu Senior member

That Y's tag is for the women's line, yeah.

Auburn, yep all lines for both men and women (femme, ph, y's, +noir, etc etc) changed to numerical sizing at the same time.

1 person likes this.
  6. xeraphim

xeraphim Senior member

has anyone handled the S'yte stuff by any chance?

7. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

I often find myself liking womens knitwear. I don't let that get in my way. :)

Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  8. the shah

the shah Senior member

i hope someone here is getting these because the price shot up too far for me now :eek:

[​IMG]

PS are those leggings, socks, or knit pants underneath ?

1 person likes this.
  9. wurm

wurm Senior member

I was considering posting those too, but I had a feeling I might be blowing your cover again :eek:. They're really nice. Probably the only hakamas I would consider wearing.

10. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

saw those, too. there are a few nice yyph things on le'Bay right now.
    including the shoes from that runway look.
    I like the idea of one of you guys winning them, but kinda agree with dantebykiko about posting actual auction links in case anyone is trying to place a stealthy bid.

11. Guy Burgess

Guy Burgess Senior member

yeah I tend not to post things I find but I'll gladly pm any of you the links if it's something I know that you're after.

1 person likes this.
  12. the shah

the shah Senior member

haha yeah i was watching it and then got worried for a sec it had ended only to open up ebay and find that in an hour it had more than trippled in price almost fell out of my chair but should have expected it wouldn't be another sneaky auction, i think only Mr David knows the sneaky ones

13. davidlee388

davidlee388 Senior member

I don't know what you're talking about? Are we talking about Y! or eBay? PM me a link please.

The sneaky ones are usually devoid of Runway picture and also the image of the garment is poor.

Those AW09 are on Y! right? They are ( sample? ) silk overpants ( please define Hakama Pants ) layered over fleecy knit pants, well leggings, ask Wire.Artist.

14. dantebykiko

15. the shah

the shah Senior member

the auction ended last night, 440$
    the fellow actually came and shared his ebay auctions here a few pages back hehe

was just curious about the leg warmers, so they're not knit pants then

1 person likes this.
  16. wireartists

wireartists Well-Known Member

i have 3 pairs of those legwarmers, very long ... ribbed knit (got them for peanuts, retail was 270 euros)

I was going to bid for those silk SHORTS, they are not hakamas, I have the snake print ones already. Seriously, they are more glorified undergarments/loungewear than hakamas. I think the price was still fair, but I decided against it last minute,

It's funny the a monster we have created, some months ago those would have gone for 1/3rd of the price...or less! I'm still happy that yohji-san get the deserved exposure and fanbase. That was the only reason why I started posting fits in the first place...even though I hate doing it haha

17. fireflygrave

fireflygrave Senior member

[​IMG]
    YYPH jacket; uniqlo scarf, gloves, cardigan, and tshirt; silent pants; docs

per some advice I sagged those silent pants and rolled them and I think they look better now (I'm happy enough with them to wear them until I get some Yohji wool trousers, anyway :devil:)

docs question: how long is the breaking in period on average? these fit fine in the toes and generally size wise, but theres some stiffness around where the laces meet the toebox that is pressing down on my foot.

(ps- sorry for the cigarettes in my fit pics, but its chilly and if i'm already outside i don't necessarily wanna head out again right after :embar:)

Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  18. valter

valter Senior member

deleted

Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  19. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

valter, that knit! :slayer:

1 person likes this.
  20. dantebykiko

my classmate won the shorts, so don't worry they went to good home.