• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

davidlee388

Reaction score

Is this jacket from y!? 36k yen? I had couple of sleepless nights over this jacket. One of my grails.

No Kiko, the Y! one is still available. This one is bought BNWT from a Stylezeitgiest member frrom US, possibly from the Gilt sale. Btw Rex has one available as well atm :)

Last edited:

dantebykiko

Reaction score
What's the price that rex its selling it for? I decided to go for the floral suit and pair of hakamas as I've got around 10 black yohji blazers and would be too much. Maybe I will put two jackets for sale and buy this one.

davidlee388

Reaction score

nice jacket david. i think the same one might be on ebay right now from comma. size 2.

Thanks Parker, yes that has literally been listed. Comma had the " Cut " blazer in sz 3 yesterday, one of the key pieces of SS09. It's gone now, someone had snapped it up.

SS09 was an incredible season, the " suit " collection. Many thought it was Yohji's swansong. It had some fabulous fabrics and constructions,. Like the Don't Do That, the large embroidery necessitates full llining to hide the stitching of it to the panel, making it usable for autumn weather as well. The season as a whole was insanely expensive back then.

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just noticed that Vertice London has put up their Yohji buy for viewing here. They got in the red jeans and a few shirts as well as the coats and one of the patterned suits. Looks like an interesting buy. Very interested in the shirting actually, but looks like no size 4s to be seen :(.

EDIT - Whoops, looks like I can no longer edit the OP so can't add Vertice London as a stockist.

Last edited:

davidlee388

Reaction score
Just noticed that Vertice London has put up their Yohji buy for viewing here. They got in the red jeans and a few shirts as well as the coats and one of the patterned suits. Looks like an interesting buy. Very interested in the shirting actually, but looks like no size 4s to be seen
frown.gif
EDIT - Whoops, looks like I can no longer edit the OP so can't add Vertice London as a stockist.
If the model showed the clothes they have in stock may be size 3 is quite generous because he looks pretty tall.

Arche

Reaction score
I recently found an interesting looking Y's jacket for sale on Oxfam's UK online store. I thought I'd mention it in case anyone is interested. I can't tell if it's made for a man or a woman, although the shape does look a little feminine to me. It is made of a mix of wool and alpaca, which I imagine would be very soft and warm, and has an interesting single button fastening at the neck. Although it is a size 3, it seems very small fitting, since the chest measures only 38 inches. It's selling for 95 pounds. Sorry for the tiny image. The image on the site is a bit bigger, but not the clearest.

Auburn

Reaction score

Linen Y's shirt with a "hidden" placket. Hidden is in quotes because the middle button is visible. The shirt also has a double hem detail and the collar is "flipped over" ie. what is normally under the collar is visible. YYPH rayon suit pants (fabric code: HU-P64-204), obviously very light and they look great in windy weather.

Last edited:

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If the model showed the clothes they have in stock may be size 3 is quite generous because he looks pretty tall.

It would help if they told you his height and weight. He does look tall. And like a salty longshoreman or German Mennonite.

davidlee388

Reaction score

YYPH AW10 4.1 The Men Asymmetrical Knit ( HC-K53-974 ) 100% laine wool, lovely fabric with a elastic quality. Size 3. Crew neck, contrast panel ribbed construction, very weighty, asymmetrical hem, ultra long sleeves. Ultra high construction. Simple yet interesting, one of my best knits.

Y's for men AW08 drawstring pants ( ME-P52-074 ) 100% interlocked cotton, weighty fabric, great oversized sz 2 fit.

YY x Adidas AW08 Leather/Fabric YY G8 Zip Boots ( HE-E02-721 )

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
wow, great knit, david. is that one of your "top 5"?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads