1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ivwri, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

ikkon
    hervia bazaar
    vertice london
    atelier new york
    yoox (old stock)
    ebay

actually yoox just posted a bunch of new Ys stuff including some pretty neat blazers and robe/overcoats.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  2. davidlee388

davidlee388 Senior member

I always wonder where does Yoox get all these old " new " stock from after all these years because they are BNWT.... many of those Y's you mentioned are from the AW05 Pitti Uomo Runway, really really good, constructed just like YYPH. Shame they are mostly not my size, plus they are stupidly dear ( not normally the case ) for what effectively 7 year old stuff. Baffling [​IMG]

3. dantebykiko

dantebykiko Senior member

just checked y-3 show. couple of really nice looks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. cupper

cupper Senior member

David good to read that about Y's AW05 as I'm waiting for a long shirt from that collection.
    Regarding Yoox, perhaps those items didn't sell the first time around or never had been uploaded because they didn't bother lol.

5. Urthwhyte

Urthwhyte Senior member

david, if you're interested in Yoox's business at all this week's New Yorker has a great article on them.

The pattern on that last Y's dress is great, makes me wish it was offered as a print :embar:

6. repp_fink

repp_fink Well-Known Member

In addition to those Parker listed, I'll also point out that Forward has some good YYPH pieces from time to time. There's a great size 2 jacket currently on sale for $500 (original ~$1300) -- for some reason, Forward describes it as "plush cloth," but it's actually Yohji's signature black gabardine. I have this jacket, and it's a great staple piece; I'd particularly recommend it for those on this thread who're looking for a good entry point into YY's designs.

7. the shah

the shah Senior member

i got size 3, don't forget the eternal code tulip :bigstar:

not sure how forward makes money since their sales are so absurd each season and they have free shipping both ways

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  8. dantebykiko

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  9. davidlee388

Hey K, I think it is like the 2 other SS112 shirts that Hervia sold/still selling. I tried both and very nice, regular fit on the Hervia ones though. Fabric code is 067, thin striped cotton. I purchased the buttoned hooded shirt in sz 2 at their break even price I think.

10. davidlee388

I may be guessing but Look 46 is available in the plush cotton ( jersey ) fabric as well as gabardine. I have tried that it on in HK few months back ( HKD 9500 retail ) Judging by the retail of usd 1300 ( cheap for a gab blazer ) it may be the case of using a wrong image?

11. cupper

cupper Senior member

David you bought this one?
    I got the same from Japan but it's a sample (fabric code 067) so I' don't know what's the fabric but Hervia states 55% cotton 45% cupro.

12. Urthwhyte

Urthwhyte Senior member

subsidized by yoox's massive margins

13. dantebykiko

i haven't checked hervia. what's the feeling? formal or more relaxed everyday white shirt. it look really nice in the show tucked in and the folding it's pretty awesome and i can actually afford it at price point of £85.

[​IMG]

14. the shah

the shah Senior member

what does yoox have to do with forward :eh:

15. davidlee388

Yes cupper, HB-B55-067 size 2, not a runway piece and someone was braindead at Hervia, cos it's 100% sure 100% cotton. I got a cheeky 80% off retail by asking in the shop [​IMG]

16. davidlee388

I wouldn't call a very relaxed fit ( apparently Look 1 is massive even in sz 1 ) but not formal I would say with a hood on a collarless shirt. Quite cool and irresistible at the price I paid ( circa £120 ). The one Forward sold ( you got it now? ) is Look 41 I think right but it won't be a million miles away in terms of fabric.

17. dantebykiko

yes, i bought it already. my classmate has look 1 and look 2 shirts, if it's something closer to that i would be very happy. regarding the size... even size 5 will be okey, i will make it work somehow..

18. stadsvandringar

stadsvandringar Active Member

Wow, once the forward link was posted their stuff immediately sold out. Too bad for me...

19. Urthwhyte

Urthwhyte Senior member

I...I need more coffee. I read your post, clicked on the link, made a purchase, and never once realised I was on Forward and not The Corner.

20. the shah

the shah Senior member

Haha doesn't matter just use tulip and have fun ! Revolve (the Forward parent site) probably sells enough to compensate, there's a third one in the group that I forget now...

Hopefully you guyare right and the jacket is wool gabardine one and not cotton, I don't want more cotton for now!