1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ivwri, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

[​IMG]

Just got those trousers to start building my looser fit arsenal

2. Arche

Arche Senior member

I've been meaning to post some pics of my recent purchases, so here they are. I'm not sure how to add images to a spoiler, so if any one can tell me I'll do it next time. Here they are:

1) YYPH AW 96 Jacket. Size M, but very roomy as you can see. Wool/Rayon mix. The button holes on the lapels are functional, and the jacket can be fastened around the neck. The most interesting feature are the slits on the sleeves which reveal the shirt underneath. Y's cotton shirt, and Y's linen trousers.
    [​IMG]

Works quite well with a waistcoat, or as here, a knit.

[​IMG]

2) YYPH AW 89 blazer. Great condition given its age. 100% wool. The white highlights on the lapels continue round the back of the collar. Size S. Fit is perfect for a normal blazer. I would have liked it a little larger for a more Yohji vibe, but still very nice. Same Y's shirt and trousers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  3. esox

esox Senior member

its hard to say because it depends a lot of what piece you want. some are bigger some not. for example i have a more recent y's suit in size 5 and it fits like a small 4 but also have some older pieces in size 2 or 3 that fits me. for my opinion stuff made 10 years ago or older are more oversized than more recent stuff.

for newer stuff i would size up in y's.

4. MyMindSpray

MyMindSpray Active Member

thanks for info esox....been eyeing the overcoat on Yoox and i've heard that the Y's items are typically more fitted and tailored..especially those that came later on...Appreciate your two cents.

5. davidlee388

davidlee388 Senior member

Oh so the coat is from Yoox? Then if it has different sizes, order them, try them all and return the ones that don't fit......FOC. A no-brainier right? Even if there is no choice of sizes, the only risk is the small delivery charge if you need to return it :)

6. asobu

asobu Senior member

wow david the fit on the studded blazer from AW05 is perfect, such a great piece. Of course the parachute jacket is completely bonkers too. Great stuff.

7. davidlee388

Thanks, in fact if you remember at the time you gave me valuable info on the Parachute, then someone BINed it ( gutted ). Somehow the winning bidder put this piece ( in perfect condition ) back on Y! after 5 months so it's destined to be mine eventually.... with the added bonus of a lower price.

So I've got you aka the Yohji Bible to thank for urging me to get it :)

Edit:- when do we get to see your latest addition, the bonkers SS06 pants? :)

Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
  8. the shah

the shah Senior member

YYPH 60/40 wool cotton bluish-grey suit​
    Thanks to Mr Synthese [​IMG]
    [background=rgb(24, 24, 23)][​IMG][/background]
    [background=rgb(24, 24, 23)][​IMG][/background] [background=rgb(24, 24, 23)][​IMG][/background] [background=rgb(24, 24, 23)][​IMG][/background] [background=rgb(24, 24, 23)][​IMG][/background] [background=rgb(24, 24, 23)][​IMG][/background] [background=rgb(24, 24, 23)][​IMG][/background] [background=rgb(24, 24, 23)][​IMG][/background] [background=rgb(24, 24, 23)][​IMG][/background] [background=rgb(24, 24, 23)][​IMG][/background] [background=rgb(24, 24, 23)][​IMG][/background] [background=rgb(24, 24, 23)]/i.imgur.com/DZQeNh.jpg"]http://i.imgur.com/DZQeNh.jpg" style="color: rgb(78, 118, 201); text-decoration: initial;">[​IMG][/background]
    [/URL]

9. esox

esox Senior member

you welcome.
    as david said, you can buy it from yoox without a problem.

10. davidlee388

Very nice Mr Shah, refreshing to see non-black, unlike me the boring :) A garment only comes alive when worn so please post a fit pic.
    The pants have creases/pleats at front and back in the middle, have they been pressed too much or they are there per se?

11. fireflygrave

fireflygrave Senior member

Fits please!![/URL]

12. davidlee388

Top Five Pieces - this is the second one of my three Joint 2s.
    AW09 PH Runway was a true great pre-bankruptcy show, crazy layering, PJs, fleece pants, reversible pieces, robes,silk prints, boxer shorts. In the middle of the show was this relatively subdued but no less mindblowing number:-

[​IMG][​IMG]

Alternative views - worn open

[​IMG][​IMG]

YYPH AW09 Look 28 Quilted Blazer ( HZ-J57-100 ) the quilted concept had been explored before in AW00 (?) , an all-over quilted piece. The AW09 version was re-worked to devastating effect, a hybrid construction/concept. Classic 100 soft handed wool gab, classic black. Size 2, fully lined, 3 inside pockets, left chest pocket, 2 bottom ones flapped, 3B non-working sleeves. Large horn buttons, 2B closure, notch lapels. long silhouette, lovely dropped shoulders, longish sleeves. It successfully combines classic tailoring and the outdoor quilted concept. But unlike some normal anaemic versions of the quilted from other designers, YY went all out and pushed it to the extreme. Puffed out diamond shaped polyester foamed quilt patterns arranged in 5 rolls below chest pocket, more " cushion " than quilt, construction utterly unique. You feel warm and cocooned without being restrained when buttoned, a sense of protection. The normal blazer silhouette is kept when buttoned. An amazing ballooning effect worn open. An exact opposite to the AW05 Parachute, all the goodness and genius are contained within, no hooks, no studs, no showboating ( in actual fact you are doing just that ).

YYPH AW09 Look 28 Garment Dyed Zipped Hoodie ( HZ-T56-939 ) 100% soft sweatshirt cotton, oversized, huge hood, single zip, cuffless sleeves. It's actually unequal in length ( back much shorter ). Dark grey with a pre-washed graduated hue to it. Worn with the blazer ( as on Runway ) to show it can do the urban vibe.

YYPH AW04 Zipper Pants ( HJ-P12-100 ) - posted before, size 3, adjustable waist, zipped hems allow a full-on cropped look.

Y's x Dr. Martens AW08 Boots ( ME-E53-752 ) size 2.

CDG H+ Belt.

To illustrate the versatility of the blazer, it can also be paired with a voluminous bottom half. It shows its less edgy side and works a treat.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Alternative views - worn closed

[​IMG][​IMG]

YYPH SS12 Look 39 Type 2 Hakama Pants ( HP-P13-010 ) size 3. 100% jersey cotton

Y's AW06 Suede Hi-tops

Basic SS Tee

Edit:- I first saw the Look 28 Quilted in Conduit, couldn't afford the crazy retail. Predictably none left in the AW Sale. Saw it again in Cambon Sale but no size 2! Saw it again on a satellite display at V&A last year and I was obsessed then. It remained elusive until a BNWT size 2 was tracked down on Y!. So pleased with it ( and being a true fan ) that I acquired this to complete the set...

[​IMG][​IMG]

Another view:-

[​IMG]

YYPH AW09 Look 27 Quilted Blazer ( short version ) - ( HZ-J56-100 ) size 2, basically the same cut as the AW08 Look 5 Handstitched. 2B closure, 2 flapped chest + bottom pockets, buttoned shoulder tabs. Larger diamond quilt in 6 rows below chest pockets. Utterly brilliant as well but the Look 28 has a slight edge for my frame imo.

All in all, the AW09 Quilted " Series " an undisputed Top 2

Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
    7 people like this.
  13. dantebykiko

dantebykiko Senior member

couple of days ago.

[​IMG]

+ full yohji taekwondo outfit

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
    8 people like this.
  14. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

love the buckle detail on the shirt.
    collar is cool too.

15. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

[​IMG]

kon'nichiwa

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  16. davidlee388

This guy looks so right, so effortless in Yohji. THE Yohji Fit to end all Yohji Fits. HOF [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Copyright pending :)

Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  17. the shah

the shah Senior member

[​IMG]

YYPH SS05
    YYPH SS12
    AnnD SS12

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

also big ups to synth for the suit :D
    [​IMG]

4 people like this.
  18. dantebykiko

dantebykiko Senior member

nothing new.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10 people like this.
  19. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

My fav fit pic right here

20. Arche

Arche Senior member

A while ago someone posted a link to the Facebook page where Comma sells his Yohji items, but I can't seem to find it. I've found one Facebook page, but it doesn't seemt to be the right one. Does anyone have the address of the one I'm looking for?

1 person likes this.