Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ivwri, Dec 29, 2011.

1. davidlee388

davidlee388 Senior member

I have handled this SS12 YY Fenne slash blazer, incredible construction. Now 70% off retail in Hervia Bazaar ( £384 ), size 1, someone needs to grab.

2. dantebykiko

dantebykiko Senior member

It is what it is in the end of the day. Japanese retailers had the european brands on the same rate, minimum 30% as asobu mentioned.

On-line auctions for the win.

3. davidlee388

Agreed. Saying that Hong Kong YY prices are very close to Japan's. Fortunately we don't live in Japan liking GA, Versace etc [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 13, 2012

4. dantebykiko

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

as i promised.

+

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. asobu

asobu Senior member

So amazing. <3 That sleeveless long black jacket from ss04 is mine, I call eternal dibs in size 3 or 4

6. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

Wow, great to see that 2004 collection in full. I can see how that would be a favorite. Really nice blend of tailored jackets and "exotic" wraps and sarongs. Love the string lacing detail and really like that mesh sleeve jacket.

I've been looking thru all the past collections in the thread trying to pick a top 5. It's not that easy! :) btw, I think I've been able to find photos from almost all of the collections back to 98 either here or on firstview except for AW2000 and AW 2001 -- which has some of my favorites items based on the few images I've seen.

7. dantebykiko

8. Parker

9. asobu

asobu Senior member

Parker, I'll post aw00 here too. The detailing is very luxurious and perhaps feminine, but done in a masucline way. I guess it's called the "haute couture" collection for men, the embellishment of fur, beads, fringes, embroidery, pleating, jewellery - with silk and velvet fabrics as contrast made the presentation both soft and strong in a way. Woven knits and coats. Patchwork too (though I'm not so keen on it in this particular collection). The construction and fabrics is ace, I fucking want three-fourths of all of this collection. The gabardine in the mao collar jacket (female model) is the best I've ever seen.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Parker

sweet! thanks asobu. some of those trim details are amazing, lattice work jacket (pic 55) is sort of a noir bullfighter! the first couple looks are super cool. sort of a mode astronaut suits. there's a dark red one, too. also, hot pink creepers in the last look!!!

speaking of feminine elements, am I seeing a couple women models here? I noticed this morning that he used all women models to show the men's line for one collection. '98 or 99 maybe?

11. davidlee388

Thanks for the posting, you have answered my prayer for good SS04 and AW05 ( my top 3 season ) shots because many of my treasured pieces are from that collection. Do you have more AW05? Back shots??

12. davidlee388

Asobu, AW00 was haute couture indeed! Astonishing, definitely boundary pushing. Yohjji at his carefree best.

13. Arche

Arche Senior member

Wow, I love those A/W 2001 shots. I definitely like how the typical Yohji fit looks with lighter, more flowing fabrics, but I think it looks fantastic in really chunky jackets like the ones below. I actually saw a couple of these on one of the Japanese auction sites, but unfortunately they were a bit out of my price range at the moment. I especially love the three below (the third one definitely goes into my top 5):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. asobu

asobu Senior member

Yeah, YYPH for A/W 98 - all women models, even vivienne westwood made an appearance! Might as well post it, very strong lines, lots of off-white/beige/brown/grey. Jaquard embroidered fabrics too, lots of handstitched details. Great construction when seen in person, love lots of this

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

Oh wow! asobu thanks so much for finally posting this and for leaving it till now as well for maximum impact, lol. This is beautiful. I might will have to revise my list of fave seasons as a result of the last seasons posted. Excellent stuff :slayer:

[​IMG]

This grey suit is a new grail for me now. I even have the pin to go with it! Damn, it just looks beautiful.