1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ivwri, Dec 29, 2011.

1. davidlee388

davidlee388 Senior member

Wire was wearing the SS04 String Blazer ( 99.99% sure ). It looked so much better on him :slayer: He is also absolutely the Hat Master!

Asobu is the really shy one.

2. davidlee388

Wire was wearing the SS04 String Blazer ( 99.99% sure ). It looked so much better on him :slayer: He is also absolutely the Hat Master!

Asobu is the really shy one.

Edit:- hit the submit button twice, mistake

Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
  3. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

You guys will have crazy fun in Nigeria for sure. Should make a date for it next year, hehe.

And yeah David I agree, wire really makes hats work.

4. the shah

the shah Senior member

lol "asobu is the shy one" :p

i hear he's too handsome to be photographed :bigstar:

I got this YYPH SS05 Cotton/Silk knit it's very loose weave and very oversized, in dark blue with almost purplish floral pattern
    looks great with a tee underneath
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I should have taken better pics, I forgot the product code now aside from the HY-

2 people like this.
  5. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

i was just going to ask who that "other dude" was
    ..glad i didnt. cant disrespect one of the best!

ivwri, is it going to be online or paper

1 person likes this.
  6. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

lovely mr shah. I think the "tropical knit" is subtle yohji humor :)

thanks for posting the pics, dantebykiko. you guys look great.

7. dantebykiko

dantebykiko Senior member

so the hakamas arrived after 5-6 weeks waiting. look 31 - tencel 45 / cupro 55. it's funny because cupro it's "european cousin of tencel", so he kind of mixes two very similar fabrics into one. if it was other designer, the choice would be just cupro or just tencel.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. fireflygrave

fireflygrave Senior member

9. davidlee388

Looking gooooood Mr K :happy:

Don't be shy ( like Mr A ) and do a motion pose to see those killer pants move :satisfied:

10. davidlee388

The Y's was Saturday, bank holiday long weekend here so went out this morning until it threw it down :(

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    YYPH SS06 Look 6 long Coat ( HR-C08-001 ) - from the baseball series. Black, 100% cotton, thin dry hand fabric. Size 1, oversized fit but great sleeves and length ( difficult to find a good length coat on someone with a challenged height ). Half body lined in fabric, 2B Yohji button closure with a long cutaway front. Hybrid peak lapels with ribbed collar ( 65/30/5 cotton/ramie/polyurethane ) for the baseball bomber influence when the additional 2 lapel buttons are fastened. Buttonless sleeves, left chest velcroed patch/badge ( another baseball hint? ). 2 side velcro-flapped pockets with secret cut-outs to reach pant pockets. Left inside chest pocket can be reached from the left chest pocket. Long back pleat ( not vent ) adds volume. Tricks galore but above all a great lightweight summer coat and proper " Yohji " fit.

YYPH SS06 Metal Button Pants ( HR-P14-005 ) - posted before, size 2, 100% cotton, huge waist and baggy. Try to achieve coherence with the coat fabric.

[FONT=verdana, tahoma, arial, sans-serif]YYPH AW11 Monkey Boots - ( HP-E05-754 ) Size 2, black nubuck like leather with 15 eyelet closure.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, tahoma, arial, sans-serif]Black SS Tee and CDG H+ belt.[/FONT]

1 person likes this.
  11. eloq

eloq Well-Known Member

hey all, you guys look great!
    im really new to yohji, dont know why ive never liked it before.
    i just got my first pants, will post a fit later
    anyway, where do you guys get the hakamas in black? cant find em anywhere:embar:

12. Auburn

Auburn Senior member

Just noticed a shout out to Yohji on Gotham City off of the new A$AP Mob mixtape. Mainstream exposure here we come!

13. dantebykiko

an other delivery. s/s 99 (couples collection) gabardine suit. 114 wool code, very light weight. it's brand new with tags, which i find quite incredible. the pants are very narrow but the hem part it's left with 3cm seam allowance, so i can take them out and crop too. will post better fit photo at some point.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
    2 people like this.
  14. davidlee388

Very nice Kiko, so you couldn't resist the temptation after all from Blitzonla on Y!. At that price it's incredibly good value. The only reason that the suit had been there for so long is the pants' waist ( like you said being a size S ) but obviously it didn't bother you cos you can tailor [​IMG]

15. the shah

the shah Senior member

Go to 0:47

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

16. Guy Burgess

Guy Burgess Senior member

he really misses hi-tek's production.

17. the shah

the shah Senior member

1:59
    [VIDEO][/VIDEO]
    I think there might be an Immortal Technique reference too but can't find it. erykah badu and Mos Def certainly appreciate Yohji as well

18. davidlee388

YYPH SS09 Set-up

[​IMG][​IMG]

YYPH SS09 Look 15 Leather Insert Suit ( aka Born To Kill ) - great suit.

Blazer ( HV-J06-114 ) 100% wool, supple soft hand, thinner than 100 gab fabric. Size 3 ( size 2 is too snug, some SS09 are pretty fitted ). Dark black, 3B closure with notch lapels and buttoned non-working sleeves. Long silhouette with sharp shoulders. left chest pocket and 3 flapped pockets, 2 at bottom, 1 at right mid section. Big inserts of black leather cover shoulder area and between pockets and back panel, finishing on a leather back vent. Fully lined in cupro for obvious reason ( to cover the leather joints ). Yohji's peculiar text " BORN TO KILL " below the collar

Pants ( HV-P07-114 ) - posted before, size 3, huge waist and super baggy, front pleated. Belt loops, 2 back pocket flaps, and darts on knee side buttoned pockets in leather.

SS Tee, CDG H+ belt and Y-3 Hejarklack Hi-tops.

1 person likes this.
  19. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

I can't believe there are still "new with tags" items out there from 04. really cool, kiko. great addition to your collection.

erykah badu: top 5 all time shows I've seen. she's amazing live. I don't think she was wearing any yohji that night though.

20. dantebykiko

parker, it's from 1999 not 2004. anyway i'm pretty sure all these rap references are towards y-3 line not yyph. asap it's wearing y3 not pour homme, also the "celebrity" front row for y-3 show it's probably one of the "best".

1 person likes this.