1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ivwri, Dec 29, 2011.

1. PregnantBob

PregnantBob Senior member

[​IMG]

Quick question, anyone have the code for the cardigan in the pic? I don't remember seeing it anywhere for sale online, and not the stores I visited in Hong Kong and Beijing. Still hoping I'll get a chance to pick it up somewhere.

2. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

I want those pants soooooo bad!

3. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

I understand this is sort of a strange thread to post a question like this in, but seeing as there seem to be quite a few UKers who read this thread: If any of you have spent any time living in York, would you please PM me?

Also, kiko, that suit is incredible. I remember passing on the pants when yoox had them because I thought I would never find the jacket, but now I'm sort of sad I didn't grab them.

4. xeraphim

xeraphim Senior member

HB-J11-010

5. PregnantBob

Thanks so much mate, mind if i ask where you find it? I trawled through the thread but it escaped me.

Thanks again

6. elephantstone

elephantstone Active Member

La Garconne is carrying YYPH this fall, selection is not bad at all......Well, damn my wallet

7. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

^ great news. Thanks for the update. Like Atelier, the have mostly black and white stuff. None of the navy blazer pieces, colored pants or suits. Boo.

On the bright side, they have three (3!) hooded coats. The navy fishtail parka is so cool. I don't remember seeing that on the runway. Bonus points for proper "Yohji fit" on the models, too. :)

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  8. elephantstone

elephantstone Active Member

Indeed, their styling is great, much better than the typical yohji stockists.....Only if there are more colors......Why does everything have to be in either black or white[​IMG]

9. xeraphim

xeraphim Senior member

Made a quick flip through the lookbook [​IMG]

You could check out the Conduit St store's facebook page, they have scans of the lookbook pages as well.

10. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

Bob, Ln-cc had that exact jacket/cardigan but it's sold out now. They still have it in linen though and so does Atelier New York as well.

That's excellent news about La Garconne. Really like the store. Will go have a look at what they got in.

11. catastrophes

catastrophes Member

this is one of the stores that were to sell yohji jeans.
    www.edwin-europe.com/london.html

and I asked them for you if they already received the delivery.
    but apparently they don't know at all what I'm talking about.

so I checked a little more to find the project itself has been brought to a halt.
    they have not announced the fact yet because at the moment no one knows if the project will come to nothing or start over.

12. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

I stopped by Barneys today but the San Francisco location is not carrying any Yohji this season. But, they do have quite a few items on their site including the maroon wool trousers and navy frock coat.

I still think I'm going to hold out for SS13 which I'm really excited about.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  13. the shah

the shah Senior member

oh, the colours :drool:

14. dantebykiko

dantebykiko Senior member

this cardigan it's so good.. i need to find alternative when i get back to london..

[​IMG]

15. davidlee388

davidlee388 Senior member

That is the SS12 Double Cardigan. In fact the whole set-up is SS12? ( bar shoes perhaps )

Someone may purchase this from the family sale and put on Y! later. There was one in sz 3 ( OS? ) on Y! about 6 weeks ago, 25k starting bid then, it's gone of course.

16. Guy Burgess

Guy Burgess Senior member

yeah, i need a long cardigan too.

17. PregnantBob

oooh... is this one?

http://www.ln-cc.com/invt/yoh0108013blk

it looks real different in terms of styling in the runway shot...

18. PregnantBob

like the cardigan here?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...46858088.83449.189607417748986&type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?....365183046858088.83449.189607417748986&type=3

Those two are the same cardigans except for fabric and colours.

I've got the black one in that runway look and it's double breasted, there are only 3 rows of buttons. where as the styled editorial shots cardigan's buttons seem to go all the way down.

19. davidlee388

No the cardigan on kiko's post is ( I think ) the non-Runway double layer cardigan that I and Wire.Artist both have in size 3. You can read a detailed description I posted a while back :)

20. davidlee388

An all gabardine set-up a few days ago

[​IMG][​IMG]

YYPH AW10 4.1 The Men " V " Buttoned Long Coat ( HC-C14-129 ) - the black iteration of the red coat on the Runway. Possibly Japan exclusive, a rare find ( BNWT ) 100% laine wool, brushed, thinner and softer ( doesn't mean better ) than 100 gab. Size 2 a regular non-coat like fit, structured shoulder silhouette, long non-buttoned sleeves. Fully lined, 3 inside pockets. 7 Yohji button closure in a SB/DB manner, arranged in a " V " configuration ( co-incidentally this closure was featured heavily in AW10 Y's season ), round collar closed by a hook. High button placement means long front flare and plenty of movement in motion even when buttoned. Fold-over buttoned shoulder tabs. Great length and drape. Feels quite military led. Looks equally good worn unbuttoned or napolean style.

YYPH SS06 Multi-pocket pants ( HR-P55-100 ) - posted before, size 2, 100% wool. Regular fit pants with crazy waist pocket arrangement.

Basic SS Tee, CDG H+ belt, Timberland creepers.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
    1 person likes this.